[REL] Ashita, Mama ga Inai (2014)

aliceclub

Re: [REL] Ashita, Mama ga Inai (2014)

Post by aliceclub »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:06 am
aliceclub wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:05 am It seems that only two users participated in the downloading of this torrent, and one of them disconnected. This time I uploaded a total of 11.5g of data. I don’t know who downloaded this file completely. Can you tell me.
Pillowbaker downloaded it complete and is still sharing it. I am still downloading it now. I STOPPED torrenting for awhile to devote my bandwidth to uploading a file to MEGA for someone in another thread. :D When I was done with that, I went back to torrenting. I just can not upload in torrents, eMule AND the browser ALL at the same time.

[EDIT: Pillowbaker and DreamScape posted while I was composing this. I currently see two full Seeders and one partial Peer.]

You should not expect all interested members to login to FLM every single day and act instantly on all files. *I* am here multiple times a day, but I was doing that craziness long before I became a Moderator. :mrgreen: Some people are only here on the weekends, or a few times a month. I *had* this in my torrent client when you first listed it, but I removed it when you had phone troubles. I only have so much drive space on my computer, and I have to frequently remove what I am sharing to make way for other files. This is a large torrent, and having 10.7Gb of drive space reserved indefinitely made no sense. After your phone was fixed and someone reminded me of this torrent, I started it again and it should be done soon. But I have to be realistic: I just do not have the drive space to share this one and "Mother" indefinitely.

There are also any number of reasons why some files are popular and some are not. Different people have different tastes. I really really liked "Mother" and am interested in this, but I recognize that I do not have the time to watch hours and hours of series Television. Also, this also looks to be another sentimental story about children who have problems with parents. I know I will need some time before I am emotionally able to handle another such story! Another issue: subtitles. I happen to know that there are English subtitles available for this entire series, but I am not about to share them until after I have all episodes downloaded and have synced them to the video. I am sure there are people who will HOLD BACK from downloading an entire TV series unless they are sure they can understand it. I am sure there are many FLM members who do NOT understand Japanese very well. I myself will watch a 90-minute movie without subtitles, but I will NOT watch a 9 hour TV show without them if I need the subtitles to understand the story.

Anyway, it is perfectly legitmate that you do NOT share EVERYTHING you have FOREVER. There are limits to drive space and to bandwidth. You have given fair warning that those who are interested should get it while it is available. Just keep in mind that not everyone can download 10Gb in a few hours! Give it at least a week.
I've found that uploading data for unpopular torrents doesn't make much sense in the long run. . After being shared collectively on a small scale, this file will eventually become unable to be downloaded through conventional methods. Even if you continue to seed, it is difficult to connect to other users (this is the case on my mobile phone. Now I can no longer connect to any user and no longer upload data even if the phone is turned on). I have to wonder if it is feasible to still use traditional emule and torrent download methods for unpopular files, or if you are patient enough to wait for the download to complete.
The efficient way to save unpopular movies and TV shows is still to use 115 and pikpak downloads, and hand over the torrent downloads to service providers and let them download and save the files and only record the md5 value of the files. The shortcomings of this make the already desolate p2p download environment worse. Or join the private tracker community, they will provide each other with a large number of uploads, and you don't need to worry about the problem of low download speed. Disadvantages: The film and television capacity provided by these closed communities is very large and requires sufficient upload capacity and hard disk space. Finally, use a network disk to share movies and TV shows. In most countries, you don’t need to worry about being fined for sharing pirated movies and TV shows (unless you are noticed for the purpose of making money). However, I heard that in some countries, copyright is very strict and you will often receive copyright warnings.
The traditional torrent downloading method perfectly illustrates human nature. How many people will pay attention to whether to turn off the computer after downloading the file.
aliceclub

pillowbaker wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:00 am
aliceclub wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:43 am My phone failed to power on due to downloading and sharing a large number of files. The phone has been mailed out for repair. I'm not sure how long it will take for the repair to be completed and if I can save the data on the phone.
No problem, aliceclub. I feel badly that you may have lost your phone trying to share so much to us. Please don't feel pressured to share so much at once. And losing data is no fun.

Once you get everything back, please let me know if there's anything I can do you help you replace any movies that you lost. Maybe until you get your phone back, we can share some movies with you. I am sitting on 2 Japanese releases. I'll try to release them soon and I'll upload them to uloz, too. You might have already heard of them, or they might be new! ;)
Finally, I would like to ask how popular are genuine and pirated TV drama from Asian countries in Europe and the United States?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

You address so many issues and I can not comment on them all! I will limit myself.
aliceclub wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:39 pm I have to wonder if it is feasible to still use traditional emule and torrent download methods for unpopular files, or if you are patient enough to wait for the download to complete.
Patience has always been required for eMule. It still works but certainly is not for everyone. I have NO experience downloading ANYTHING with a mobile phone, let alone eMule files. However, I have have read other reports that getting the Android version of eMule to work properly is difficult. I suppose this depends in part on the phone service provider.

As for other methods of sharing, like direct-download: I limit myself to ones that are FREE, and preferably do not require registration on a site. That is likely to appeal to the broadest number of people.

From my own experience using a computer and VPN, I have downloaded a few thousand UNWATCHED movies in the past few years using mostly "traditional emule and torrent download methods". I will not live long enough to watch them all. Certainly some are fairly "popular", but many are cult or obscure. This brings us to ...
aliceclub wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:42 pm Finally, I would like to ask how popular are genuine and pirated TV drama from Asian countries in Europe and the United States?
How does a person measure popularity? Do you take a poll in some public place, confronting perfect strangers about their personal viewing interests? Do you listen to what people discuss at the office?

I noticed some years ago that Netflix streaming had MANY Korean soap operas on their service. ("Soap opera": serialized televsion programming of a melodramatic and sentimental nature.) I can not have been the only person watching them, or they would not be on Netflix.

One advantage of the Internet era is that people can seek out and find people around the world who share their interests. FLM does not cater to majority or popular interests. We are one niche among many. Those outside of Asia who like Asian drama are another niche.

The fact that Asian dramas get English subtitled versions on English-language sites like Dramacool or Kissasian proves that there is certainly a wide enough audience for them in the U.S. and Europe. The disadvantage of those streaming sites is that the video quality is often low. I first saw "Mother" from files I found there, after "Mother" was recommended by someone here at FLM. Those files were good enough, but much lower quality than what you provided!

Ultimately, if someone is only interested in sharing popular videos then they have to limit themselves to superheroes and fighting robots. No thanks.
aliceclub

Night457 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:03 pm You address so many issues and I can not comment on them all! I will limit myself.
aliceclub wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:39 pm I have to wonder if it is feasible to still use traditional emule and torrent download methods for unpopular files, or if you are patient enough to wait for the download to complete.
Patience has always been required for eMule. It still works but certainly is not for everyone. I have NO experience downloading ANYTHING with a mobile phone, let alone eMule files. However, I have have read other reports that getting the Android version of eMule to work properly is difficult. I suppose this depends in part on the phone service provider.

As for other methods of sharing, like direct-download: I limit myself to ones that are FREE, and preferably do not require registration on a site. That is likely to appeal to the broadest number of people.

From my own experience using a computer and VPN, I have downloaded a few thousand UNWATCHED movies in the past few years using mostly "traditional emule and torrent download methods". I will not live long enough to watch them all. Certainly some are fairly "popular", but many are cult or obscure. This brings us to ...
aliceclub wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:42 pm Finally, I would like to ask how popular are genuine and pirated TV drama from Asian countries in Europe and the United States?
How does a person measure popularity? Do you take a poll in some public place, confronting perfect strangers about their personal viewing interests? Do you listen to what people discuss at the office?

I noticed some years ago that Netflix streaming had MANY Korean soap operas on their service. ("Soap opera": serialized televsion programming of a melodramatic and sentimental nature.) I can not have been the only person watching them, or they would not be on Netflix.

One advantage of the Internet era is that people can seek out and find people around the world who share their interests. FLM does not cater to majority or popular interests. We are one niche among many. Those outside of Asia who like Asian drama are another niche.

The fact that Asian dramas get English subtitled versions on English-language sites like Dramacool or Kissasian proves that there is certainly a wide enough audience for them in the U.S. and Europe. The disadvantage of those streaming sites is that the video quality is often low. I first saw "Mother" from files I found there, after "Mother" was recommended by someone here at FLM. Those files were good enough, but much lower quality than what you provided!

Ultimately, if someone is only interested in sharing popular videos then they have to limit themselves to superheroes and fighting robots. No thanks.
I found that there are very few film and television topic threads in the Japanese section of the forum. Japanese film and television dramas are generally of high quality and have far-reaching influence. With so few posts, it is strange that many of the threads have not been replied to for a long time. There are even fewer posts about TV series. I thought Japanese TV dramas would be less popular in Europe and America.
Viki can also watch Asian programs, but I have never used it.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

aliceclub wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:39 pm I found that there are very few film and television topic threads in the Japanese section of the forum.
This is in large part due to the history of FLM. It was started by American and European people, which is probably why it is an English-language board. (Of course everyone is welcome! We just need a common language to communicate.) The films Released here are the ones that the people here KNOW about and can FIND. My own interest in Asian cinema dates back to the "Dark Ages" when it was very difficult to find sources for much of it, especially subtitled. Can you believe I used to purchase expensive bootleg DVDs with hardcoded fan subtitles? And that I found out about them in "cult" fan magazines?
Japanese film and television dramas are generally of high quality and have far-reaching influence.
Ha ha, you are "preaching to the choir" with me: I certainly know this! If some particular country is not represented well at FLM, it depends on people who have interest and knowledge and ACCESS to the sources to fix that. I have been among those pushing Korean cinema in my own small way, based on my own interests. Ghost has done the same. He has lately expanded to Japanese films, because of his access to Amazon Japan. Thanks to his time and expense the Japanese thread has grown. And now YOU are expanding it as well. The sources you have found are brand-new to most people here. Thank you so much!
There are even fewer posts about TV series.
Keep in mind how long it takes to watch a whole series vs. one film. Short films are popular at FLM, probably because they do not take much time to watch! There is also the matter of downloading time and storage space. People have to be realistic and use it effectively. I count some Asian TV series among my all-time favorite shows, but I explore the genre less and less due to lack of time to watch them. The same is true of European TV series. If I watch a TV show, it is MORE likely to be something simple and easy that I first saw decades ago and have seen many times since. In other words, old favorites. When I make an EFFORT to watch something, it is probably a single movie. I am just getting old and tired!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   3 likes

It is time for ENGLISH SUBTITLES to go with aliceclub's files.

These are the ones I recommend, a combination of ASS and SRT:
|
Ashita Mama ga Inai EP01-09 English ASS & SRT combo.zip
|
I have NOT watched the series yet, so I have NOT corrected any errors. I do not expect to make any corrections either, unless there are major problems. They are in sync.

Discussion of subtitle sources, including other languages:
Spoiler:

English and Portuguese .ASS subtitles for Episodes 1-6:
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/ssearc ... vie-399619

English .SRT subtitles for ALL Episodes, 1-9:
https://subscene.com/subtitles/tomorrow ... sh/1234624
Arabic subtitles for ALL Episodes, 1-9:
https://subscene.com/subtitles/tomorrow ... ic/2549367

The same English and Arabic subtitles as at subcene are also here:
https://subdl.com/subtitle/sd27162/tomo ... ma-ga-inai

All ENGLISH subtitles I have VERIFIED as being in SYNC with aliceclub's files.

Episodes 1-3 at subscene & subdl are ASS format in SRT containers, with UTF-8 encoding. They are converted from the ASS subtitles that are found at opensubitles.

Episodes 4-6 at subscene & subdl are SRT format in SRT containers, with 1200:Unicode encoding. They are converted from the ASS subtitles that are found at opensubitles. Some of them have conversion errors.
For example, the SRT has:
"I’ve been thinking, why don’t both of us have private lesson"
instead of what is in the ASS:
"I’ve been thinking, why don’t both of us have private lesson"

Episodes 7-9 at subscene & subdl are SRT format in SRT containers, with UTF-8 encoding. They are by a different translator than Episodes 1-6.

SO, because of the errors in SRT conversion from ASS, I decided to combine sources rather than spend time fixing the errors. I used the ASS subtitles for Episodes 1-6 by one translator from opensubtitles. For Episodes 7-9 I used the SRT subtitles by another translator from subscene.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

aliceclub wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:42 pmFinally, I would like to ask how popular are genuine and pirated TV drama from Asian countries in Europe and the United States?
As Night pointed out, there are many variables that might go into answering that question fully. However, I can attest that Japanese and Korean TV dramas and movies are becoming increasingly trendy and popular, at least in the US. Whether they are genuine or pirated seems to make no difference to individuals, but I suppose, if you were asking about whether they were widely available versus only viewable through pirating, that would make a difference in how easily the media is discovered and viewed.

They key factor here, I believe, is awareness. As you may be pointing out, there are likely MANY highly regarded and deeply enjoyable Asian TV series that exist, but may be unheard of outside of their country of origin. If the production of these series never intended for the shows to be viewed outside of their country, it is likely they never invested in promotion, or subtitles, etc. Pre-2005 era shows especially seem to be an abundant source of quality tv series that are unheard of in the West. That doesn't mean the Asian media isn't popular!

I found that there are very few film and television topic threads in the Japanese section of the forum. Japanese film and television dramas are generally of high quality and have far-reaching influence. With so few posts, it is strange that many of the threads have not been replied to for a long time.
I have found that the amount of posts a particular show or movies gets here at FLM doesn't always correspond to its popularity. This appears to be one of the characteristics of FLM. I am unsure of how many people use FLM, and whether the total amount would be considered a lot, but as far as posting goes, it's a pretty quiet place. And some of the most popular movies, with the most worldwide success, don't always have the most posts in their release threads (like LDRKI for example, has around as many as the thread we're in). And some of the larger threads actually represent the members posting in a communal effort to capture and release the shows/movies (like Katie Morag), but that always doesn't represent how popular the show is to members overall.

Japan does have more threads than Belgium and Austria combined. Considering there is likely a lot of quality programming available means that there is that much more room for you to reveal more of these excellent shows to us! :mrgreen:
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:57 amlike LDRKI for example
pillowbaker in "What are your Top 10?" thread wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:20 amAI, LDRKI, Mitt liv som hund
Let me put this politely: What the **** is "LDRKI"?
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:34 am Let me put this politely: What the **** is "LDRKI"?
Phew! You don't have to be so polite, Night! :oops:

It refers to "Låt den rätte komma in". Also sometimes abbreviated as LTROI, but this helps to differentiate between versions. I really should have thought twice about some of the abbreviations I use. On the topic of TV series here, I should note I haven't seen the TV version. Anyone recommend?

Edit:
OH by the way, thanks for the synced subs AGAIN, Night!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

How in the heck was anyone supposed to guess that, out of context? And whether you abbreviate the Swedish title or the English title really does not help, nor does abbreviating the Hollywood remake title! Sheesh! At least I understand what you mean now.

Fortunately I did not have to sync the subtitles at all, as they were already synced. I just had to identify which version was best.