[REL] Bandyta (1997)

deadman

Re: [REL] Bandyta (1997)

Post by deadman »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:25 pm
deadman wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:53 pm What you see on video is what they were doing on set.

https://newsbeezer.com/polandeng/ida-ja ... oing-today
You say there is a BTS video but the article page doesn't see anything.
Does anyone share it on emule?

I meant that nothing was altered in the scene. It was filmed exactly as you see it.

In this case, the only BTS appears to be the production stills. If there's a video to go with them that's news to me.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

The only drawback with Ghost's version is the cropping.
Cropping??? :o I'll have to check it.
By the way, I found this 720p 9.5Gb file at ulozto:
Thanks a lot for the link, Night!
deadman

Night457 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:55 pmBy the way, I found this 720p 9.5Gb file at ulozto:
https://ulozto.net/file/Gb0kWAetuCB5/ba ... SiBGRkLD==
ghost wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:01 pmThanks a lot for the link, Night!

I downloaded that some time ago. It appears to also be an AI upscale, but Ghost's version is better at a fraction of the file size. Don't waste your time.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

It does not surprise me in the slightest that ghost's video upscale would be better quality, but it is also an unsubtitled German dub of an English language film. This does absolutely nothing for me! Believe it or not, I actually watched this one for the story and characters.

While I probably prefer Til Schweiger speaking German, I definitely prefer John Hurt, Pete Postlethwaite, and Anthony Higgins speaking English.

I am currently eMule sharing popdrome's 888p English version... but it is only 88 minutes out of a supposed 102 minute original??? I am downloading deadman's version and I think I do have ghost's old DVDrip on a drive somewhere ... Hmm, yes, of the 5 versions I have plus the ulozto, all are around 88 minutes. I suspect deadman's is also, but I'll find out. Does anyone have a theatrical film telecine, or is IMDB's claim of 102 minutes a load of BS?
ghost wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:01 pm
Yeah... what??? ghost's original DVDrip is 1.78, similar to the theatrical 1.85. All the other versions I have look the same, and deadman's looks like it from the screencaps. I do not yet see anything that looks open matte 4:3. So like ghost, I have to ask "What cropping?"
deadman

Post by deadman »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:22 pm
Yeah... what??? ghost's original DVDrip is 1.78, similar to the theatrical 1.85. All the other versions I have look the same, and deadman's looks like it from the screencaps. I do not yet see anything that looks open matte 4:3. So like ghost, I have to ask "What cropping?"

[Image]
[Image]

It cuts a little off each side and a bigger chunk off the bottom. In the attic scene that makes a real difference. Watch it and see for yourself, I decided to use a random image to illustrate instead of another one from that part of the movie. There appears to be no loss at the top of the picture. Both images are aligned there.

There's a DVD advertised on Amazon.de which claims a length of 102 minutes:

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Til-Schweiger/dp/B009JCTN08/

Does anyone have this version? 14 minutes is too big a difference to chalk up to framerate discrepancy. There'd have to be additional scenes. Here's what the box looks like (click to open full size):

[Image] [Image]
maria2012

Post by maria2012 »   0 likes

deadman wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:34 pm
Night457 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:22 pm

[Image]
[Image]

It cuts a little off each side and a bigger chunk off the bottom. In the attic scene that makes a real difference. Watch it and see for yourself, I decided to use a random image to illustrate instead of another one from that part of the movie. There appears to be no loss at the top of the picture. Both images are aligned there.

There's a DVD advertised on Amazon.de which claims a length of 102 minutes:

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Til-Schweiger/dp/B009JCTN08/

Does anyone have this version? 14 minutes is too big a difference to chalk up to framerate discrepancy. There'd have to be additional scenes. Here's what the box looks like (click to open full size):

[Image] [Image]
Amazon is wrong. The DVD back cover (which you posted) indicates that the running time is 89 min.
deadman

maria2012 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:37 pmAmazon is wrong. The DVD back cover (which you posted) indicates that the running time is 89 min.

Good catch, I didn't think to check. Most likely Amazon (and IMDb) are both wrong, Amazon having copied the number from IMDb - also without checking. Today's lesson: not checking is bad. 8-)

It seems from a little looking around that there are two DVD versions of Bandyta. One is 4:3 (the one I posted) and one is 16:9 (probably the one Ghost used to make his AI upscale). That must be where the cropping came from, since I can't remember Ghost ever cropping a video intentionally.
maria2012

deadman wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:58 pm
maria2012 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:37 pmAmazon is wrong. The DVD back cover (which you posted) indicates that the running time is 89 min.

Good catch, I didn't think to check. Most likely Amazon (and IMDb) are both wrong, Amazon having copied the number from IMDb - also without checking. Today's lesson: not checking is bad. 8-)

It seems from a little looking around that there are two DVD versions of Bandyta. One is 4:3 (the one I posted) and one is 16:9 (probably the one Ghost used to make his AI upscale). That must be where the cropping came from, since I can't remember Ghost ever cropping a video intentionally.
The German DVD even has a (little) different ending from the Poland DVD!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFX3bk77mlU&t=2s
deadman

maria2012 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:01 pmThe German DVD even has a (little) different ending from the Poland DVD!

Let me guess. Elena is miraculously healed, and Brute walks away with two kids instead of one. :twisted:
maria2012

deadman wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:13 pm
maria2012 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:01 pmThe German DVD even has a (little) different ending from the Poland DVD!

Let me guess. Elena is miraculously healed, and Brute walks away with two kids instead of one. :twisted:
Too good to be true. :oops: (Both versions are on that youtube link)