[REL] Maladolescenza (1977)

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Maladolescenza (1977)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

I didn't find it, miih did - he gets the credit, not me. I merely downloaded it and put it on the mule.
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:I didn't find it, miih did - he gets the credit, not me. I merely downloaded it and put it on the mule.
So it was miih, not me? Bummer. Myself and I are also disappointed. 8-)
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Your link was the same as miih's so it was miih, not me. You can be sheepish and be ewe, not you. As big as it is, the download could take hours before it's ours.

Ugh, I'm giving myself a headache. :icon_1idiot :icon_1idiot :icon_1idiot
relic

Post by relic »   2 likes

I will thank miih and deadman, miih for finding the site and deadman for providing links that worked. For some reason the page I got with miih's link had zero working links. Oh, and phuzzy relax and watch a soothing movie.
Relic
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Have any other non-Italian speakers been curious about the lengthy postscript to Maladolescenza but not had a translation of it, and been uninterested in typing it all into Google translate? According to Wikipedia, "The film ends with a translation of the poem "Akarsz-e játszani" ("Would You Like to Play?") by Hungarian writer Dezső Kosztolányi."

I realize that most viewers may not pay much attention to the dialog or any text, but for those who care here it is both in Italian and translated to English thanks to Google:
Spoiler:

Dimmi, vuoi essere la mia compagna di gioco? Vuoi sempre, sempre giocare? andare insieme nel buio, con cuore infantile sembrare importante, prendere posto con serietà a capotavola, versare vino e acqua con sapienza, lanciare perle, giore per niente, e con nostalgia indossare vecchi vestiti? Dimmi, vuoi giocare a tutto quel che è vita, all'inverno nevoso e al lunghissimo autunno, si può bere il thè, muti, il thè di rubino e il vapore giall? Vuoi vivere davvero con cuore puro, stare in silenzio a lungo, a volte aver paura, perchè sulla piazza si aggira il novembre, perchè lo spazzino è un uomo povero e malato; chi fischia sotto la nostra finestra? Vuoi giocare al serpente, all'aquila, ai lunghi viaggi, al treno, alla nave, al natale, al sogno, a tutte le cose belle? Vuoi giocare all'amante felice? fingere il pianto, il funerale colorato? Vuoi vivere, vivere per sempre, vivere nel gioco che è diventato vero? stare distesi per terra tra i fiori e vuoi, vuoi giocare all morte?
- Deszö Kosztolanyi, traduzione di Edith Bruck

Tell me, do you want to be my playmate? Do you always, always want to play? to go together in the dark, with a childish heart to seem important, to take a serious seat at the head of the table, to pour wine and water with wisdom, to throw pearls, swear not at all, and nostalgically put on old clothes? Tell me, do you want to play all that is life, the snowy winter and the very long autumn, can you drink tea, dumb, ruby ​​tea and yellow steam? You really want to live with a pure heart, stay silent for a long time, sometimes be afraid, because November is around the square, because the street sweeper is a poor and sick man; who whistles under our window? Do you want to play snake, eagle, long journeys, train, ship, Christmas, dream, all beautiful things? Do you want to play happy lover? fake crying, colorful funeral? Do you want to live, live forever, live in the game that has become true? lying on the ground among the flowers and do you want to, do you want to play death?

- Deszö Kosztolanyi, translated by Edith Bruck
- [sic, should be Dezső Kosztolányi]

[note: In the "can you drink tea, dumb, ruby ​​tea and yellow steam" line, that is DUMB as in SILENT or MUTE.]
pafin

Post by pafin »   0 likes

deadman wrote: But if they simply put the PAL video through digital enhancement it's the most sophisticated software I've ever seen - there's detail in the image beyond what you can make out on the DVD. Not quite bluray quality. More like 720p level. Wherever it came from, it's a real step up and well worth the effort to download.
It looks pretty much like an AI enchanced DVD version.
daughterr

Post by daughterr »   0 likes

Sorry the memoriada video file is nowhere near HD. Quality is bad. Just an Upscaled DVD. It's not worth downloading at all.
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

daughterr wrote:Sorry the memoriada video file is nowhere near HD. Quality is bad. Just an Upscaled DVD. It's not worth downloading at all.
It's a little better than the DVD, some detail has been brought out by processing. But no question the larger versions of the file are not worth the slight enhancement. I'm guessing the really big one was the raw output of whatever software the releaser used. The others were rips of that file.

Sadly there is not - and likely never will be - a full HD or 4K release of this film. Twenty years ago perhaps, but not in the current environment. :(
daughterr

Post by daughterr »   0 likes

Unfortunately.. I think so. There will never be.
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   1 likes

Wow that was a long thread to read. I'm way more optimistic than most of you because,
daughterr wrote:Unfortunately.. I think so. There will never be.
I think there will! Art survives, peoples opinions don't.

Honestly though, I think my grand children (I don't have any, but for the sake of argument) WILL see this in full glory, and laugh at our silly control-freaked time, with our desperate efforts to rule out everything natural, beautiful, and raw.

However we tried, we didn't succeed to wipe out the nature of things. Just a thought. ;)

Now can I get an Amen? And Hallelujah> :pray
jokes aside though, I mean in all earnest

Don't go quietly into the night.