[REL] The Forest (2016) [Thailand]

ptguardian

Re: [REL] The Forest (2016) [Thailand]

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

I ended up using Avidemux. Took only a few minutes to convert to mp4 and it plays great on my 4kTV. Good movie. 8-)

Also for those that may not want to install more software onto your system vlc has an option to convert as well. It takes a few hours but does a good job.
http://en.freedownloadmanager.org/tutor ... layer.html

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

VLC also plays that format (and just about any other format) without conversion. I don't worry much whether something will play unless it has DRM. .rm and .mov don't work, last I checked, but I don't run across those too often any more.
movielover99

Post by movielover99 »   0 likes

its in many many thanks id just renamed the .rec to .mkv and it worked like a wonder all good 1080 full hq top notch movie :D :o :) :roll: :mrgreen:
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   1 likes

Got to love the not so subtle sarcasm... :roll:

No worries, I give it from time to time as phuzzy and Ghost well know. 8-)

To sum it up yes this file plays fine in vlc as I implied in my first post. Yes .rec files are not common place hence my request and initial confusion. Perhaps they should be as streaming is becoming a popular option and yes you can simply rename the file extension(easiest and optimal). For some reason file extension modification was hidden on my system. Under file options I unchecked the box reading Hide extensions for known file types. Changed it no problem. :D

Check out 4k up-conversion and HDR to fully understand why I wanted to play this through my TV's media player. Yes the quality difference is that much better. It takes 'interesting' with all files here at FLM to a higher level... ;)

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-thea ... explained/

jpf

Post by jpf »   23 likes

Hi,
I OCRed the hardcoded german subtitles (and google translated them into english).
Once I was able to add subtitles to my replies on an attachment, but I don't seem to be allowed now, at least in this particular thread.
I'll share them via eMule, but I'm affraid they won't get far this way because I have low id.
I'll share them at uloz.to as well.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [58.6 Kb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [61.5 Kb]

https://ulozto.net/!x5wLnGwmNS7h/the-fo ... nd-ger-srt
https://ulozto.net/!rae3rhaVyFsG/the-fo ... nd-eng-srt
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Thanks, jpf. You should be able to attach files using the full editor, but since these are very small, they'll only take a minute to download once one of us finds you on eMule. ;)
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Finally I found a solution to get rid of the nasty .rec and .ts files and remuxed all my movies to mkv-containers. :)

Please notice that the download link for the movie has changed!

I updated also all my other relaeses from the last 12 months with new ed2k-links. I hope I did it in all threads. If I skipped some, pls tell me.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

ghost wrote:Finally I found a solution to get rid of the nasty .rec and .ts files and remuxed all my movies to mkv-containers. :)

Please notice that the download link for the movie has changed!

I updated also all my other relaeses from the last 12 months with new ed2k-links. I hope I did it in all threads. If I skipped some, pls tell me.
Holy cow, that's a lotta work and probably not necessary. Since people who already downloaded the original releases probably won't re-download the new versions, reshares of those may be scarce.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Yes, it was a lot of work, but I just don't like links that don't work anymore.
yoko

Post by yoko »   1 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Holy cow, that's a lotta work and probably not necessary. Since people who already downloaded the original releases probably won't re-download the new versions, reshares of those may be scarce.
Exactly. I already re-downloaded most of Ghost's stuff when he changed .ts to .rec. Probably I won't re-download everything again, so I won't be able to share any of Ghost's releases.