[REQ] Emily of New Moon, TV Series (1998– )

pillowbaker

Re: [REQ] Emily of New Moon, TV Series (1998– )

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

True, very true. It is also why I am not concerning myself with watching the entire thing. It is also a great point, that we will have plenty of options for the future, even without the long TV series. With the amount of material we are able to accumulate, the way I handle TV series, is I allow myself not to worry about whether I watch the entire thing or not. Often, the first few episodes of an episodic TV show have a decent amount of narrative and set up for character designs, which can be fairly engaging. This way, it simply feels like I watched a couple of connected short films!

Even without the time I'd like to have to simply watch all the movies I've gotten, I have commented that it feels like I am saving up for retirement. Sometime well in the future, I'll be able to watch them all, assuming I don't keep myself too busy! :P
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REQ] Emily of New Moon, TV Series (1998– )

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:51 pmI still have about 20 movies to watch atm. :|
pillowbaker wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:44 pmI allow myself not to worry about whether I watch the entire thing or not.
Clearly I am lacking the self-control you both have.

I have many terabytes of unwatched movies ... and I HAVE to finish what I have started, unless it is truly awful. So I obsessively download tons of movies, and I can not allow myself to start a series unless I am willing to invest the time to finish it. Although this at least is a case where I could read a book to find out how it ends! Or I suppose I could watch the first 3, middle 3, and last 3 episodes of the entire series ... Hmmm ...
I have commented that it feels like I am saving up for retirement.
If you also retire from downloading movies, that might work. Otherwise you will just keep downloading more! You might have to cancel your Internet once you reach retirement.

It reminds me of the multiple times I have pushed myself to finish reading all the books I had accumulated. As long as I was actually reading, I was making progress ... but with my mind engaged and interested in reading books, I would continue to get MORE of them. The only way to stop the accumulation of books was to lose interest in reading.