[REL] Le grand départ (1972)

Sully23

Re: [REL] Le grand départ (1972)

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

It should be remembered the year of release is not the same when it is filmed and coming from a director all his life he has painted it is likely the shots were even up to 2 years earlier or worse, at the end of the 60's a 13yr girl would already have a very developed as can be seen in this movie https://sensitivecontent.info/movie.php?id=49815 where the actress has a similar age, they say before puberty was reached even after 13 and now in the current present 10 years old already wear a bra.

And you can also understand why it was also filmed in the same years and also because the year '72 and not '70, making a movie is not always easy because of the costs, maybe that is the reason why this movie was shot in 2017 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6509602/ has not yet been launched for it and the actress will be almost an adult.
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

Ziggy Plock wrote:Here is one more site who gives her a birth date in April 59. I can't get google to reproduce the earlier search result. There's very little consistency in search results when one uses the same keywords. Depending on browser, it's version, the OS, the results vary enormously, and from day by day, it seems.
Google searches are becoming less and less useful. The results you get are filled with sponsored, paid prioritized content, and their algorithm is more about pitching tailored commercial junk than giving you the information you're actually looking for. Tracking cookies your browser accumulates are also a major factor - which is why using different browsers can give you noticeably different result pages.

Ziggy Plock wrote:Alexandra would've been 13 years, 6 month's and 23 days by release date. But when principal photography took place, is anyone's guess. Anywhere from 11 to 13, I think. And saying "she didn't look 13" is not a real argument. Anybody could look like anything. I've personally met women who looked 12 when they went to uni, only when they started talking did you notice their age.
True enough. Girls can look younger than their age, or much older - Katja Bienert looked about 20 when she was 11. My guess with this movie is that some time passed between filming and release, because Alexandra appears 10 or 11 (based on averages). But it's impossible to be sure without more information.
Ziggy Plock

Post by Ziggy Plock »   1 likes

deadman wrote:True enough. Girls can look younger than their age, or much older - Katja Bienert looked about 20 when she was 11.
Ha ha, that is exaggerating a bit, she was 12 yrs 10 mo's 05 day at release date for her first nude movie, Die Schulmädchen vom Treffpunkt Zoo (1979), and sure, it's anybody's guess when the film was shot, but has she gone on record to say she was 11 then? I think I read it somewhere, but I am not sure now.

EDIT:
Okay, I found it. Quite an interesting read, but the page is kinda loud....

http://www.searchmytrash.com/articles/k ... -08).shtml

My guess with this movie is that some time passed between filming and release, because Alexandra appears 10 or 11 (based on averages). But it's impossible to be sure without more information.
Sure, it comes down to clever googling, reading interviews and stuff like that.
Or, if anyone is very brave, they can ask Alexandra herself. One can leave a message on this site.

https://www.locatefamily.com/R/RAY/RAYSSE-1.html
Last edited by Ziggy Plock on Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
——————————————————————————A tribute to Lost Movies===My avatar: youtu.be/SdqsgEOBOlc——————————————————————————
[Image]
deadman

Ziggy Plock wrote:
deadman wrote:True enough. Girls can look younger than their age, or much older - Katja Bienert looked about 20 when she was 11.
Ha ha, that is exaggerating a bit, she was 12 yrs 10 mo's 05 day at release date for her first nude movie, Die Schulmädchen vom Treffpunkt Zoo (1979), and sure, it's anybody's guess when the film was shot, but has she gone on record to say she was 11 then? I think I read it somewhere, but I am not sure now.
I remember reading an article where she described being 11 and filming that movie. By then she had become aware of older men staring at her body, and wasn't quite sure what to make of that. Kinda reminds you that she may have looked like a college student but was still a kid mentally. Obviously a case of precocious puberty. Imagine being her father. Some 18-year-old guy is eyeing your daughter. She's nine, asshole ... keep walking! :mrgreen:

This isn't the interview I was thinking of, but it does discuss her earlier films:

http://www.searchmytrash.com/cgi-bin/ar ... 2811-08%29

And check this out. Her husband died in bed this past December, as she slept next to him.

https://newsfounded.com/switzerlandeng/ ... d-husband/
Ziggy Plock

Post by Ziggy Plock »   1 likes

It's weird how we found the same article, but with a different link. Curiouser and curiouser, Alice said.
Let's take her word for it, so filming was in "the summer of 1978", this points to principal photography between 1 June and 31 July of 1978. Since she says she was 11 at the time, it has to be BEFORE 1 September 1978, because she would've been twelve then.

I also saw that about her husband. Sad. And did you see the bit where she was arrested in America and spend time in jail for being a foreigner or something? Her life is very "interesting", as the Chinese curse says.

But on the subject of her age: Isn't it far more likely she and her mother, keenly aware of how the movie industry works, would have lied about her age? She might be 3 years older than she claims to be.
The arguments against that could be: Life is stranger than fiction and also, it takes all sorts.
The argument for lying could be: They knew sex sells and Lolita-esque sex sells even better. And also that lying to make yourself younger was an accepted practice in those days for actrices.

And also: a mother exploiting her underage daughter at 11, well, that was done before, TWICE as a matter of fact. Eva Ionesco, and a tat more subtle, Brooke Shields (I read somewhere her mother was sort of proud Shields didn't win the part to play Regan in "The Exorcist" because the director thought she looked tóó sexy)
They both took their experiences so well that Eva sued her mother for DM200K and Shields only started boinking at age 22. Which is, given all the offers Brookie must've had from very handsome, talented and accomplished boys and men..... somewhat old.
——————————————————————————A tribute to Lost Movies===My avatar: youtu.be/SdqsgEOBOlc——————————————————————————
[Image]
deadman

Ziggy Plock wrote:But on the subject of her age: Isn't it far more likely she and her mother, keenly aware of how the movie industry works, would have lied about her age? She might be 3 years older than she claims to be.
Anything's possible, but being born in what was then West Germany it would be no easier to hide your age than in the United States at that same time. You may be able to lie to random people on the street about your age but it's impossible to fool a prospective employer or the government. Public records (such as those for a court proceeding) would also list her actual date of birth. Plus, by this point in her life, in her sixties, she probably would've admitted lying back in the beginning. Many girls did that in the early days of Hollywood to make themselves seem more talented than they were. You could get away with it back in the 30's and 40's. Most of them later fessed up. Long after your acting career is over, why not? It becomes an amusing story.

I also knew a girl like Katja personally. When I moved the summer after sophomore year in high school, some of my new friends tried to prank me by telling me this girl one street over named Melanie had a crush on me. I had seen her around a few times and I think she waved at me once. That was about it. I knew something was up, the way they kept trying to get me to ask her out, but I went and talked to her anyway. At first I assumed something was wrong, she was learning disabled, that type of thing, all her friends seemed to be much younger and she was immature for her age (she looked older than me). Well this wasn't the first time the neighborhood guys had pulled this gag. Her father came out and told me she was actually 10, and had started growing like a teenager when she was 7. I didn't even realize that was possible at the time. Lucky for me he was a nice guy and didn't hold a grudge against me for approaching his daughter. But yeah, I'm inclined to think Katja is probably telling the truth.

Ziggy Plock wrote:The arguments against that could be: Life is stranger than fiction and also, it takes all sorts. But a mother exploiting her underage daughter at 11, well, that was done before, TWICE as a matter of fact. Eva Ionesco, and a tat more subtle, Brooke Shields. They both took their experiences so well, Eva sued her mother for 200K and Shields only started boinking at age 22. Which is, given all the offers Brookie must've had from very handsome, talented and accomplished boys and men, somewhat old.
I have a hard time believing Brooke was really a virgin that long, but who knows? Both Eva Ionesco and Lara Wendel were 11 when they shot Maladolescenza. Both looked older than that, though not as much as Katja Bienert. Brooke's relationship with her mom was nothing like Eva's though, that really turned ugly! On top of suing her, Eva made a movie clearly patterned after her own childhood that was a pretty scathing indictment of dear old mom.
Ziggy Plock

Post by Ziggy Plock »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote: maybe that is the reason why this movie was shot in 2017 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6509602/ has not yet been launched for it and the actress will be almost an adult.
What was the most noticeable thing about Lainee Rhodes again? There was something up with her, but I forget what......
[Image]
Ziggy Plock

Post by Ziggy Plock »   0 likes

deadman wrote:Both Eva Ionesco and Lara Wendel were 11 when they shot Maladolescenza. Both looked older than that,
What!?!?! No. You and I have very different ideas on how old an 11 year old girl should look. Then again, there's lots of variations, in either direction: 18 year olds who look like 12, and 11 year olds who look like 17....
Maaaaaaaaaaybe Lara looked a tat older, but Eva? No way.
Brooke's relationship with her mom was nothing like Eva's though.
Sure, I'll take your word for it. I just mentioned that about Friedkin, because it shows that Brookes mother was keenly aware of her daughters sex appeal and how to milk that for money. Imho, it's kind of bordering on exploitation, but probably did not cross the line.

What's your opinion on how either Eva's and Lara's careers have turned out, who, do you think had the better one? Lara did six OT roles according to this list:
La Petite fille en velours bleu (1978), Un dramma borghese (1979)
Un'ombra nell'ombra (1979)
Desideria: La vita interiore (1980)
Il falco e la colomba (1981)
Eva did just one, but did have all those photo shoots with Bourboulon, and of course, her mother.

What's alarming about this one, is the caption text..... I suppose it was a different time.

[Image]
Last edited by Ziggy Plock on Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Image]
Sully23

Ziggy Plock wrote:Eva did just one, but did have all those photo shoots with Bourboulon, and of course, her mother.
Also Brooke made a set of photos, at the pleasure of her mother and it is unlikely to get it.
Sully23

Ziggy Plock wrote: What was the most noticeable thing about Lainee Rhodes again? There was something up with her, but I forget what......
I'm only talking about the unreleased movie

Another case I cite is the Spanish movie The dream of tanger of the beautiful Maribel Verdu was released in 1991 according to then RFF said she was 20 years old in a role of 15 but quickly it became known the movie was filmed 5 years before and was delayed in its premiere.

PS: In case someone doesn't understand what they have to do with those movies or actresses, it's about the theory that Le Grand Depart was filmed before when Alexandre Raysse was around 9-11yr taking into account that he was born in 1969.