Re: [REL] Ikke Naken (2004)

Post by katzenjammer »   0 likes

Thanks for this upgrade. :onfire
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

katzenjammer wrote:Thanks for this upgrade. :onfire
I've been wondering what was wrong with my rip above :think

Are the new English subs professionally produced or computer generated?

Isn't *.idx file needed for (German) VobSubs?
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

BizarreLoveTriangle wrote:
katzenjammer wrote:Thanks for this upgrade. :onfire
I've been wondering what was wrong with my rip above :think

Are the new English subs professionally produced or computer generated?

Isn't *.idx file needed for (German) VobSubs?

There doesn't have to be anything wrong.
Subs are as found.i've got no idea how they were produced,download them and check for yourself if you like,i do know that they work,that's all i need to know.
The idx file is not required,
BizarreLoveTriangle

starfish21 wrote:There doesn't have to be anything wrong.
Then I don't understand what is the purpose of posting this "upgrade".

Bitrate seems to be similar to my release. Size is few pixels larger, but that's because border hasn't been cropped off properly (I can see black border on some of the caps) and width and height are not divisible by 16, which is needed for efficient encoding. According to the caps, aspect ratio setting seems to be wrong too (my rip played correctly in MPC and VLC).

Not that I want everybody to download MY rip, but I think there should be ONE good rip of each movie released here. If different members download different rips, then chances of reshare will be very limited.

I can release alternative rips of many FLM movies, but I check the availability and quality of existing rips before posting my rip here.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

you don't have to 'see the purpose' it's not for you i posted it,if nobody downloads my rip i won't care a bit.
i don't have to explain a 'need ' for anything.
chill out.
BizarreLoveTriangle

starfish21 wrote:you don't have to 'see the purpose' it's not for you i posted it,if nobody downloads my rip i won't care a bit.
i don't have to explain a 'need ' for anything.
chill out.
I think we have certain rules here. For example, it is not allowed to post torrent and dd links to enforce better availability of files via eMule. I am not sure if we have a rule against posting alternative rips that are equivalent to existing well shared files, but for me it is not much different from torrents and dd, because in both cases, the availability of files via eMule will potentially decrease.

Since I spent some time making a nice rip, I might feel a bit offended.
For An Angel

Post by For An Angel »   0 likes

This doesn't seem to be much of an upgrade. The stats don't seem to be enough of an improvement to justify redownloading this movie in a file that is more than half a gig bigger than the one I already have. So I think I'll pass.
BizarreLoveTriangle

ptguardian wrote:you are offended BLT and now you know how it feels to have a released trashed. I have had it happen several times and have learned to get over it and see the higher purpose of all this. Starfish was just trying to offer a better rip for people to enjoy. he does this a lot and it is welcome.
1. There is no indication that starfish's rip has better quality than mine.

2. "Upgrade" implies that my rip was shit. I am always open to constructive critics, but in this case there was none. If my file was too small, I'm always willing to rip at higher bitrate.

3. Instead of providing additional sources for my rip, people are now downloading starfish's rip that is believed to be better. This of course does not help with availability of files in the eMule network at all.

4. I think torrents and DD are OK if they are used to bring new movies here. For example, if you find a new movie while on travel and cannot use eMule. I won't like someone to come with a torrent link after I have just released a nice rip here.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

If you read my post more closely you will see I wrote that I "doubt" his rip in this case is better. in fact let me put it more clear. I have every bit of confidence that your rip is better and another was not needed. I wrote how I believe Starfish was "trying" to give a better option. I f approached in a better manner Starfish would have probably retracted the post or apologized. He has been good about this before. Instead things went a different direction.

Over all I agree with you, but no need to make enemies.

keep it simple and clear as to what you are conveying. sometimes I don't know if you are asking a question or making a statement.(perhaps a language barrier German and English?)

making a statement might bring up problems. where as a question will bring on discussion of which a problem if any can be resolved.

:cool
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

it is not the English word it self but the culture behind the person speaking it. we come from different cultures and I or you may unintentionally convey the wrong meaning even though we are both speaking English. It is common for someone to assume that everyone thinks as they do, but in reality depending on perception this is usually not the case. I was merely trying to find better understanding of BLT. I think he means well , but I have misunderstood him several times and can only assume so have others. :think yes willow you too have probably been misunderstood and vise versa with me and others.

not sure if this is a problem but I have been getting an odd "this topic doesn't exist" when trying to post sometimes? the post goes through but only when I enter back through the forum