[REL] Die Blindgänger (2004)

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Die Blindgänger (2004)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:12 am I even don't know if this is any language at all. Otherwise I'm clueless. :shock:
Well I guess if you have not figured it out in the 16 years since your previous Release, you won't figure it out now! :D Just looking at it without "translation" I thought it looked like bloody nonsense, but I hesitate to insult someone's language. (Oops - sorry if it IS something real!)

Whether I call it Luxembourgish, Danish or German, Google translates a couple words only.

Thanks for the Release!
Harry789

Post by Harry789 »   2 likes

In fact the song is made of fancy words. I found a movie review for pupils here:
http://www.film-kultur.de/publikationen ... aenger.pdf

On page 27 (Deepl translated):
"At the end of the film, Die Blindgänger still need lyrics for their video.
Marie sings a song that her father used to sing to her:
Aldu sonne mi guun.
The lyrics are made up of fantasy words, but they have great meaning for
Marie."
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Harry789 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:18 pm In fact the song is made of fancy words. I found a movie review for pupils here:
THANK YOU, Harry789!!! This explanation makes sense of it now. I thought I might figure it out by watching the movie (which I have not done yet), but I wanted to get the rough machine-translated subtitles locked down first. Simply scrolling through them, it was easy to see the big block of text that was definitely not translated English.

Now I can be certain that I should just leave the song exactly as it is originally. When I get the chance I will finish the subs and post them for anyone else who wants them.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Marie sings a song that her father used to sing to her:
Aldu sonne mi guun.
The lyrics are made up of fantasy words, but they have great meaning for
Marie."
That's what came to my mind first.

Thanks for the info!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   3 likes

German SDH, and also uncorrected machine-translated English SDH and regular English subtitles.
They are all synced to ghost's Release and keep the original nonsense song lyrics.
Die Blindgänger (2004).DE & EN.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.