[REL] Voyna Anny (2018)

ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Voyna Anny (2018)

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Does anyone understand this and have some enlightenment for me?
I'm not quite sure, but it really could be that he just wanted to keep her quiet. Yes, it looks like a landmine to me.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

ghost wrote:I'm not quite sure, but it really could be that he just wanted to keep her quiet. Yes, it looks like a landmine to me.
That is a pretty risky bet on his part, setting the landmine and assuming that a 7-year-old knows what it is and not to drop it after it has been set! The whole point of landmines of course is that they not be seen, and while civilians frequently encounter them it is generally by stepping on them and not looking at them. Russian kindergartens must be pretty hardcore.

Thank you for your input. This is the one part of the film I did not get even after rewinding and rechecking what I just saw.
Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   1 likes

I'm surprised every time who I found a movie again here :-)
I found this movie in 2018 and Download a Press Kit as PDF somewhere. Since them I forgotten this movie totally and today I opened a Folder on a HD and see this PDF again, try to type the Name "Anna's War" here on FLM and... Done.

Thanks for this amazing board :-)
[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Nasuada wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:25 pm I'm surprised every time who I found a movie again here :-)
I found this movie in 2018 and Download a Press Kit as PDF somewhere.
Was this a movie you just found information about and were hoping to see in the future, or did you actually get to see it at a film festival?

This still stands out as one of my favorite FLM films, and I watched it again a few months ago.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Well, this is certainly another good one that I missed. Thank you guys so much for the bump and recommendations for this, and thank you for the quality video, as always, ghost! :D
c4po

Post by c4po »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:35 pm I have a question for those who have seen it: Around the 57-58 minute mark, what is the large round canister that the young Russian (Ukrainian?) ...
Spoiler:

temporarily hands to the girl in the chimney when he takes her gun?
It looks like it could be a landmine, but I am unclear why he is carrying it and why ...
Spoiler:

he has her hold it. If it is a threat to keep quiet, it is a threat just as much to himself.
Does anyone understand this and have some enlightenment for me?
It looked like a water canteen at first, but I agree that it seems to be a landmine,...
Spoiler:

especially with him arming it and the faint ticking sound while it is armed. I assume he wants her to stay quiet while he goes down the chimney to grab a lantern.
Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:22 am Was this a movie you just found information about and were hoping to see in the future, or did you actually get to see it at a film festival?

This still stands out as one of my favorite FLM films, and I watched it again a few months ago.
I found a little note in a special magazine in 2018 on a festival, but it was not running there. So I try in the past to found something more about it and safe the Press PDF. So it takes 5 years to get it ;-)

I upload the Press PDF now on this host... Not sure how good that service is...
https://anonymfile.com/drA9j/press-kit- ... ilm-pr.pdf
[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Glad you finally found the movie here. Got the press PDF from the link, thanks!
So begins a story of the struggle for life that lasts for over two years.
TWO YEARS!!! That was one thing that I did not glean from the movie and did not fully consider, the exact time frame of her hiding in those conditions. That makes it even more appalling.