[REL] Voyna Printsessy (2013)

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Voyna Printsessy (2013)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Well groovy then I can delete my download and just use your version! Thanks!
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Thank you ghost for translating subs from a Russian film! I am also pretty excited for this one. I began streaming it from yt when you first posted the link and got drawn into it. I stopped and decided to wait for the rest when I saw you were working on subs!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

WOW, that really is a totally different film than "Triumf" for sure. Relegating the male lead of the earlier version to a barely-present supporting character and eliminating his narration was only one part of it. The tone, mood and visual style are totally changed too. This tells me that much of the time it is not the "director" who is the most important creative contributor on a film; that is just self-serving and pretentious propaganda by Director's guilds and film critics: it is really the EDITOR who controls it all. When the control of the editing is also in the hands of the director, even better, but that is not always the case.

Despite the legal wrangling over copyright and artistic vision, I still believe that the compromised "Triumf"" is a good and interesting version of the material. I wish that it would be restored to 1080p and given subtitles that are not hardcoded, chopped off and wobbly. If it can be made to look as GOOD as "Voyna" then it would have a fairer chance for comparison.

Thanks again for this great-looking and properly subtitled "Voyna Printsessy"! It finally has the treatment that IT deserves.