when removing files from shared folder

All hardware and software related discussion topics here. Advice, discussion and opinions on either topic are welcome.
popdrome

when removing files from shared folder

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

I am using aMule (a buggy version of eMule - gotta say, but I'm on an iMac)- and unlike ghost,
I do not have a TB of files shared, just a meagre 64 gigs.

My rule is as follows: if a file/film reaches 7+ share ratio, I'll delete it from shared.
The idea is if a 1gig+ file has been shared 7 times moreover, I think I've done more than my share to distribute.

For example, right now these flies have reached 7+ share ratio on my part:

100% COCO (2017)
Bob the Butler (2005)
Digging to China (1997)
My Girl (1991)
Waterworld (1995)

so unless I'm getting share requests, I'm deleting these from my shared folder to make room (and bandwidth) for other releases.

Also, I would like to ask if you guys AT LEAST get a high-ID on the e-mule service, which means portforwarding the e-mule app on the modem. Please do this. I'm getting so many low-id requests inbound.. don't even bother! That's NOT how FLM works. Check out the brilliant threads on e-mule here and how to tweak it.

Don't go quietly into the night.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: when removing files from shared folder

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   2 likes

Share however works best for you. In most cases, one of the higher bandwidth/storage space people have already downloaded and shared whatever you make available, but if not, they can always ask for a reshare. Since I keep all the FLM files I've ever downloaded shared (gotta love RAID5 and 75Mb fiber) I usually don't check the "Requested files" selection on the bar above, but that's an easy way to see if someone asked for a reshare if you're so inclined.

If you're seeing incoming LowID a lot, it usually means there weren't any HighID clients waiting. LowID automatically gets fewer chances just by the way it works, plus their rating is always low by design. I agree, if you can get HighID then do so - it'll be a lot more pleasant - but there are many who can't for whatever reason and I wouldn't worry about having too many of them - they're not using YOUR time, only their own.
popdrome

Re: when removing files from shared folder

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

Good point Phuzzy thanks for the feedback!

Don't go quietly into the night.