[REL] Supermarsu (2018)

Area511

Re: [REL] Supermarsu (2018)

Post by Area511 »   1 likes

well forget about getting the original movie...
I managed to view it on their official website using a VPN, but downloading it is basically impossible.
The video is split into 490 parts )XHR) of a few seconds...
Tried using Youtube-dl and it doesn't work either.
Only way is probably using OBS studio and capture the screen itself to record it.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Area511 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:50 pm well forget about getting the original movie...
I managed to view it on their official website using a VPN, but downloading it is basically impossible.
It may be impossible for you and me, but there are some people at FLM who can get ANYTHING if they want to. Thanks for the warning. At least I have until mid-January to take a look, although I have yet to have time to even try using a free Finnish VPN. (I already am paying for one that does not include Finland, so I am not going to buy another.)

The English dub is alright for a watch, though, since as dubs go it is decent. I just want the Finnish if I were to watch it again.
Area511

Night457 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:30 pm It may be impossible for you and me, but there are some people at FLM who can get ANYTHING if they want to. Thanks for the warning. At least I have until mid-January to take a look, although I have yet to have time to even try using a free Finnish VPN. (I already am paying for one that does not include Finland, so I am not going to buy another.)

The English dub is alright for a watch, though, since as dubs go it is decent. I just want the Finnish if I were to watch it again.
Be aware that most VPN will not work with it.
I'm using Ghost VPN and when you go watch that movie it says "VPN BLOKEREN" or something like that.
If you switch to another EU country it will say that you cannot watch from abroad... They made it really difficult to watch and download that movie lol.
What worked for me is a free web proxy addon on Chrome store called "URBAN VPN"
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... ciiegomcon
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

[EDIT: Despite my concerns I have since decided to continue reinstalling and using the Urban-VPN extension as needed, just not the desktop version.]

Thank you Area511 !! This is sincere, but it comes with a caveat for others...

Urban-VPN fair warning and file download success:
Spoiler:

Area511 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:39 am What worked for me is a free web proxy addon on Chrome store called "URBAN VPN"
|
I do NOT recommend anyone use this extension. Check out this page during installation:
UrbanVPN.jpg
|
Specifically, pay attention to this:
Allow Urban-VPN to occasionally access websites through your device:
Help others access publicly available internet pages by using your device's resources.
|
It is stating outright that by installing their software, you are giving permission for them to use your computer as part of a botnet! I give them points for honesty, and for chutzpah. But is this what you really want?

Of course I installed it anyway, because I have to replace my computer soon; any potential damage to it or my bandwidth is low-risk. It did EXACTLY what it said it would do for me, giving me a Finnish IP to view the arenan.yle.fi page and play the video.

After I was done using it, I UNINSTALLED IT. Being part of one botnet already is enough for me, I don't need TWO. :D

But while Urban-VPN was installed and on a Finnish IP, I found the master.m3u8 file using F12 Developer Tools, and downloaded it with JDownloader. I HAVE THE 1080p FINNISH-LANGUAGE VIDEO AND WILL SHARE IT SOON!! I could not find the master or index for the segmented Swedish subtitle so I could not extract that, but I already have an English subtitle anyway. However, I suspect that English subtitle actually matches the English DUB, so I will have to do careful checking to make sure it is well-synced to the Finnish audio.

I plan to release the FINNISH LANGUAGE VERSION to emule here at FLM after I have had a chance to upload it to ulozto and perfect the subtitle sync. Hopefully that will be tomorrow. Stay tuned.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Area511

That's amazing!
Glad you were able to extract the video ^_^

I also found this index.m3u8 but I always got an error message when accessing it lol.
I'm so happy you found a way :D
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Wow Night! I am still trying to figure out the developer tools thingy when searching for the master/hidden urls! I am super excited for this!
DreamScape

Post by DreamScape »   1 likes

Thank you Night457 for the effort! I'm also looking forward to the original audio.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Developer Tools is bloody torture, but there are a couple masters at it here that have taught me SO SO much so that I can use it. (Like reptile12! Thank you!) I was angry that I could NOT get the Swedish subtitle (even though I do not need it) that I reinstalled the Finnish proxy addon in Firefox instead of Chrome and tried DevTools there ... for over two hours! I finally gave up, because this is time I could have spent on what files I had, or sleeping instead. I am really tired now.
Area511 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:59 am I also found this index.m3u8 but I always got an error message when accessing it lol.
I'm so happy you found a way :D
I'm happy too! The error may be from trying to download it with youtube-dl? I am pretty sure that in order for it to work in youtube-dl, you would have had to EDIT the link. I did not LOOK at that link, so I am not sure of its exact text. You might have had to replace .json with .mpd (or .m3u8 with .mpd) and THEN pasted the result in youtube-dl. JDownloader automatically made whatever conversion was necessary so I did not have to do that.

I made a brief Developer Tools tutorial back when I first had real success with it. I am still learning, so the tutorial is certainly NOT complete, but it might help:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14532

Also there were multiple "index" links available in my results, but not all of them gave usable results. DevTools is tricky, and my success is often due to luck in addition to the stubbornness.

Damn that Swedish subtitle! Grrrr ...
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   27 likes

Finnish language 1080p version
vlcsnap-2022-12-30-21h13m08s087.jpg
vlcsnap-2022-12-30-21h13m38s197.jpg
vlcsnap-2022-12-30-21h14m00s296.jpg
vlcsnap-2022-12-30-21h14m33s052.jpg
vlcsnap-2022-12-30-21h16m20s807.jpg
Obligatory Night457 chatter:
Spoiler:

I made minor changes to spelling and timing errors in the English dubtitle*, which is the only external subtitle I found online. The arenan.yle site has optional Swedish subtitles with their video, but after at least 3 hours playing with Developer Tools and various downloaders I was unable to extract that subtitle.

[*Dubtitle: A subtitle that matches the text of a dubbed version, rather than being a straight translation. Dubbings as standard practice alter the wording as necessary to approximate mouth movements.]

"Supermarsu" means "Super guinea pig", but "Super Furball" is admittedly a better English title and more easily rolls off the tongue. Where "furball" was used in the subitle I left it in, even though I could hear them saying "marsu" ("guinea pig"). Other than that, I do not know how closely the English dubtitle matches the original Finnish dialog, but it was easy enough to resync to the spoken Finnish in this video. There are a few spots where English dialog was inserted in the English dub and I did not hear any Finnish in the original, but I did not delete them from the subtitle.

Finland must be an environmental paradise if a butter factory is the biggest polluter there.

Even though I had concerns about computer resource exploitation, the Urban-VPN Chrome extension was so useful that I will continue to reinstall and use it as needed. It has servers for some countries that my main VPN does not have. I will not reinstall the desktop version, however. I did not even have to use it!
Here is the file downloaded from arenan.yle with unaltered video and audio. The faint "yle" watermark in the upper left corner is intact. The ONLY change I made was identifying the audio track as "Finnish":
https://ulozto.net/file/VY9MGg0cRBJC/su ... ygAwEuBN==

English subtitles synced to the Finnish language video:
Supermarsu (2018).1080p.H264.Finnish-AAC.dLg.en.zip
My version of the video (pictured in the screenshots) leaves the Finnish audio the same but crops the "yle" watermark from the black border for a same-size, same-quality file. None of the movie image was lost.

Finnish audio, delogoed 1080p video on MEGA:

Code: Select all

https://mega.nz/file/JP0TyawQ#uc9Ms8KzVy7YdI-jQWM5DwJUG5YL30q55l2Uo9Cu4TU
Finnish audio, delogoed 1080p video on eMule,
with optional external English subtitles:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.27 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [80.0 Kb]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Area511

thank you!