[REL] Ai wo kou hito (2017) [TV-Movie]

Night457
Global Moderator

[REL] Ai wo kou hito (2017) [TV-Movie]

Post by Night457 »   27 likes

This is a TV adaptation of the same novel that was made into the 1998 film RELeased here. At 94 minutes (video has no commercials) it is over a half hour shorter and considerably compresses the narrative and characters. It is also somewhat less violent than the original film, although it does repeat the child-abusing scenes over and over at each commercial break.

[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
Synopsis: Yamaoka Terue (Shinohara Ryoko), a single mother, lives with her daughter Fukakusa (Hirose Alice). Her husband Yuji (Hirayama Hiroyuki) died early. One day, Terue is reunited with her younger step brother Wachi Takenori (Muro Tsuyoshi) which revives memories she has repressed of her horrific childhood. She starts talking about them to Fukakusa. Terue’s mother Toyoko (Shinohara Ryoko) constantly abused a young Terue (Suzuki Rio) mercilessly after her father Chin Fumihide (Kamikawa Takaya) died when she was a child. Even so, Terue earnestly wanted her love but that never happened. As a result, she has alternated between an immense hatred of her mother and yearning for her love for years. Seeking the whole truth and prodded on by her daughter, Terue goes to Taiwan which is the hometown of her late father to search for his remains. This is where she comes face-to-face with the truth about her mother that she had not known all this time. After returning to Japan, Terue decides to meet Toyoko who is supposed to be living somewhere in the country.
https://jdramas.wordpress.com/2017/01/1 ... -kou-hito/
https://mydramalist.com/22134-ai-wo-kou-hito

Note about the onscreen Japanese titles regarding dates: The story begins in the year Shōwa 28 (1953) when Terue is 5 years old, then switches to when she is an adult 40 years later (1993) at age 45. At various intervals it flashes back to when she was 6, 10, 12 and 16 with the Shōwa years indicated, as well as the year before she was born.

As I do not know Japanese and this version has no subtitles, it was a LOT clearer what was going on after I watched the English-subtitled 1998 film, which I highly recommend. This version I offer if you are a glutton for punishment and just can not get enough Mommie Dearest child-beating scenes in your film watching.

Direct download source:

Code: Select all

https://ww2.kissasian.ai/info/ai-wo-kou-hito
In Japanese without any subtitles:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [489.48 Mb]
Last edited by Night457 on Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Ai wo kou hito (2017)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

If this is the same film shortened for tv (it looks like it from the screen caps), these threads should probably be mergeded and your release renamed to something like "Ai wo Kou Hito (tv version) (2017) 480p.mp4" or similar. Having multiple threads for the different versions of the exact same film is confusing.
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Ai wo kou hito (2017) [TV-Movie]

Post by ghost »   0 likes

At least I changed the title of the thread. I think we don't have to merge, 'cause they are two different movies.

Thanks for finding! :thumbsup
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

ghost wrote:At least I changed the title of the thread. I think we don't have to merge, 'cause they are two different movies.
To help differentiate them I used the alternate transliteration of the Japanese, "Ai wo" instead of "Ai o". But oh yes, it does help to specify that it is a TV-Movie. Good change.

I also Renamed the file in my emule client, though I don't know if that will change things for anyone who has already started downloading it. I did not try to edit the ed2k link in my original post because I really don't want to do anything stupid and screw it up.

It is very noticeable how the 2017 TV-movie has several scenes staged exactly the same as the original 1998 theatrical movie, so it is easy to get them confused. But really, they are different actors and different films.

And pfffffft ... I wouldn't waste time with a version that just chopped out 30 minutes from the same footage, when we already had the uncut version.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Changing the name in eMule OR your download link won't make any difference, even to people currently downloading. eMile used the file hash, not the filename. I often rename files that are downloading to correct misspellings, insert AKA's, remove non-English characters such as Chinese or Cyrillic, etc.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Yes, you actually explained that to me before, but I'm kinda slow sometimes. :) But what I was not sure was, if I change the name, people already downloading it will be downloading under the old name, right? And anyone who starts a download after I change the name will get the new name. So only the new people get the "benefit" of the more descriptive filename.

So if I copy the ed2k link from emule again, and paste it into a re-edit of my first post, it will show the new name there (with the same link). Last night I was just unable to think and unwilling to risk it.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

People will get the same file no matter what you name it, and if they share it, others will get it from them no matter what they rename it to. You don't have to re-up your post, you can just edit it, just don't change the hash. You don't even need to use the same filename as the file you're sharing on your computer. I nearly always rename files because my eMule is set to remove extraneous "." for instance, and I also put in AKA's so I have some clue what that cyrillic title actually means.