npostart video downloader

All hardware and software related discussion topics here. Advice, discussion and opinions on either topic are welcome.
Night457
Global Moderator

npostart video downloader

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Have any Nederlanders here (or anyone else) figured out how to download all streaming videos from npostart.nl? I have managed to get one video and subtitles with TVDownloader, but nothing else. I was so excited that my VPN allowed me to connect on a Nederlands server, but ha ha I can not download everything and watch it after translating the subtitles. All my usual video downloaders failed, including JDownloader2. I tried downloadgemist online and gemistdownloader installed, and they could not do it.

The online word is that it can not be done, but I thought to check with the experts here first. Any software recommendations? Thanks.
ghost
Site Admin

Re: npostart video downloader

Post by ghost »   1 likes

I have bad news :(
The streams on this site are drm protected/encrypted. No chance to download. Even TubeDigger (which can download nearly everything, when other downloaders don't work) failed on this one.

The only way to get a video there, ist to capture your screen.
Night457
Global Moderator

Dammit!! Well, I will stop wasting my time downloading, installing, trying, failing with and then uninstalling multiple software on it. Thank you ghost, for saving me from more aggravation.

I did not want to use that nasty 3-letter acronym, but that is the error I was given in TVDownloader. Hackers used to be so good at writing software to defeat it: what happened?!?!? Gemistdownloader gave me an error in Dutch that I did not try to Google translate - it was obvious it had given up on it. I think the trial version of TubeDigger was even one of the ones I tried.

Fortunately in this case, I was able to get the videos I "needed" because they were "free". I could not figure out why the others were so special.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

At least you can download the subtitles ;)
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

If your computer and internet connection are good enough, you could try a screen recording software that basically grabs everything that's being displayed on your screen. Give it a shot - might work. Note that some streaming services put an additional transparent overlay over the video to counter this.

Worst case - yes, people have actually done this - you could set up a camera on a tripod pointing at your screen and just record the damn thing. If you align the camera carefully, and turn off the lights, the quality can be surprisingly good.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   2 likes

Note that some streaming services put an additional transparent overlay over the video to counter this.
In my opinion Audials One is the best capturing software. It doesn't record any of the overlays, jut the movie playing in your browser.
Night457
Global Moderator

emuler wrote:If your computer and internet connection are good enough, you could try a screen recording software that basically grabs everything that's being displayed on your screen.
I actually may be able to do this now, after so many years of downloading YouTube videos so I could watch them without pauses and downrezzed playback!
Worst case - yes, people have actually done this - you could set up a camera on a tripod pointing at your screen and just record the damn thing. If you align the camera carefully, and turn off the lights, the quality can be surprisingly good.
{groan} Oh my god, that is some serious desperation, doing a camjob. There is not any movie I would want that much. I figure I compromised enough by getting 576p video because the 1080p was behind a paywall!

Thanks for the encouragement, ghost and emuler - some day I may find myself doing screen capture.