[REL] Let the Right One In (2022- ) TV series

Ziggy Plock

Re: "Let The Right One In" TV Series coming to Showtime later this year

Post by Ziggy Plock »   0 likes

deadman wrote:But given the demands of this role you'd want a kid who could go from bubbly preteen to bloodthirsty predator and be convincing, you'd need to show her self-loathing, agonizing over the things she's done but unable to just end her own life.
There are VERY few 10-12 year old girls who can do bloodthirsty predator well. I remember Millie Bobby Brown in her first TV show, Intruders, almost pulling it off, but ultimately ... disappointing.

Only Dafne Keen was convincingly fierce and aggressive, IMHO, in "Logan (2017)". And kind of OT-ish.

Maybe it's that latino thing? If it is that, let's hope this works for that girl as well.
——————————————————————————A tribute to Lost Movies===My avatar: youtu.be/SdqsgEOBOlc——————————————————————————
[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Ziggy Plock wrote:There are VERY few 10-12 year old girls who can do bloodthirsty predator well.
From what I remember from when I was that age, they ARE ALL bloodthirsty predators!
Only Dafne Keen was convincingly fierce and aggressive, IMHO, in "Logan (2017)".
OMG I loved her! The feelings of ecstasy it gave me whenever she penetrated someone with her claws. :wow

The behind-the-scenes footage showed a reassuringly normal girl having a load of fun, so indeed she gave a very good performance. (No doubt well-directed, also.)
Ziggy Plock

According to iMDb, Dafne Keen was 11 years, four months and five days old when filming began and 11 seven months and 15 days, when it ended.
Night457 wrote:The behind-the-scenes footage
Never watch those, it kills the illusion for me.
——————————————————————————A tribute to Lost Movies===My avatar: youtu.be/SdqsgEOBOlc——————————————————————————
[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Ziggy Plock wrote:
I think that is probably the wise course. I was corrupted to follow the dark path long ago.

But sometimes when I see a young actress go full-on psycho Exorcist mode I NEED to see her behaving like a normal youngster behind-the-scenes to reassure me, for my emotional well-being. I keep telling myself "It's only a movie, it's only a movie!" while peering horrified between my fingers. Afterwards I have to find out, "Is she OK? Was she traumatized by the ordeal? Has this movie ruined her life?" It makes me feel better to see them having fun.

But don't think I'm one of those super-sensitive types. I'm hardcore, man! :roll:
Ziggy Plock

Night457 wrote:
Ziggy Plock wrote:
I think that is probably the wise course. I was corrupted to follow the dark path long ago.

But sometimes when I see a young actress go full-on psycho Exorcist mode I NEED to see her behaving like a normal youngster behind-the-scenes to reassure me, for my emotional well-being. I keep telling myself "It's only a movie, it's only a movie!" while peering horrified between my fingers. Afterwards I have to find out, "Is she OK? Was she traumatized by the ordeal? Has this movie ruined her life?" It makes me feel better to see them having fun.

But don't think I'm one of those super-sensitive types. I'm hardcore, man! :roll:
So mentally you're a 12 year old girl .....?? I guess that's one reason to like these movies...... it's all about narcissist self-pleasing ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

12, are you kidding?!??! How about more like 7 or 8? Don't overestimate my maturity level! :lol:
Ziggy Plock

deadman wrote:The Swedish vampire drama - previously remade in the US as Let Me In starring Chloe Moretz - is getting a full series on premium channel Showtime.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand everyone just plain forgot about Let the Right One In [TVSerial] (2017) ???
[Image]
DreamScape

Post by DreamScape »   0 likes

Ziggy Plock wrote:Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand everyone just plain forgot about Let the Right One In [TVSerial] (2017) ???
That's a new one for me. Anyone have it?
Night457
Global Moderator

IMDB wrote:A pilot for the TNT network that was canceled in April 2017.
Jules Winnfield wrote:Well, the way they pick TV shows is, they make one show. That show's called a pilot. Then they show that one show to the people who pick shows, and on the strength of that one show they decide if they want to make more shows. Some get chosen and become television programs. Some don't, become nothing.
Ziggy Plock wrote:Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand everyone just plain forgot about ...
Yes, people usually forget about pilots that become nothing. Most pilots are never even broadcast to the public but simply fail to impress the studio heads, or fail when shown to a private test audience. Was this one broadcast?

IMDB has all sorts of ultimately useless information, since it sometimes includes films buried by the director -- withdrawn from availability without even being released -- so only 4 people have seen them!
Ziggy Plock

me sad
[Image]