[REL] Vendrán lluvias suaves (2018) [Argentina]

ghost
Site Admin

[REL] Vendrán lluvias suaves (2018) [Argentina]

Post by ghost »   50 likes

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9213792/
In a working-class neighborhood on the outskirts of a small provincial town, a group of children face the start of a strange event alone that has turned adults into 'sleeping entities'. The children of the town wait, confused and resolute, for the moment when everything returns to normal and their parents wake up.
[Image]
[Image]
[Image][Image]

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVm_AtDviYw

With hardcoded English subtitles:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.52 Gb]
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Vendrán lluvias suaves (2018) [Argentina]

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

I'll go for this, thanks!

The plot sounds familiar ...

Can anyone name another FLM Release with a similar premise? Mysteriously sleeping adults? It was not all adults but I think a significant number, and the children went wandering around the country with some of them coming to bad ends thanks to the awake adults. Some children are rounded up and put on a bus to be sent to foster parents, but the driver gets pissed off at one constantly crying child and takes him off the bus to abandon him by the side of the road. Our main heroes get separated from each other for awhile and end up back at home. I think it was European and not in English, with no subtitles and Released in the past year.

It was memorable enough for me to remember THAT much, but not the title dammit! Or even the exact country.

I've searched the forum with keywords like "adults sleep" and "science fiction," but no luck. I scrolled through a hard drive with hundreds of movies I watched in the past year. It would be funny if it was on a drive with files I watched 14 months ago! Maddening! If only my memory was bad enough that I did not remember this at all, it would not be so aggravating.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

This looks intriguing! Thank you ghost.

Night, I just tried searching for your film with no luck. You sure its initial release date was within the past year? And do you suppose it was a film you found and downloaded online and didn't stream from somewhere? Your description make me quite curious to find this movie also.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote:You sure its initial release date was within the past year?
I am pretty sure it was Released on FLM in the past year, because if it was longer ago than that it would not be so fresh in my mind! I think the film itself is from the past 10-15 years.
And do you suppose it was a film you found and downloaded online and didn't stream from somewhere?
I don't stream so no chance of that. I have it on some hard drive somewhere, although it may have one of those obscure titles that do not tell what it is about. And since I am certain it is NOT in English, it may have a title that I can not mentally translate, too. Since it is dealing with children, it is clearly FLM-appropriate, which is why I figure I got it from FLM. If I happened to get it from somewhere else and did not share it here, I would be a real dumb a**hole! It was pretty good.

I have scrolled through several hundred threads that I have Liked. Then I went through 5 hard drives, dating back to before I discovered FLM. Clearly I will not recognize it from its title alone. I am hoping that whoever shared it in the first place actually watched it and remembers it and speaks up!

ghost, I apologize for filling this thread with my amnesiac ramblings. I REALLY AM interested in the film you released here!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

No worries, Night457. ;)

Yes, I remember a similar plot, too... but really can't remembee the title. :?
Night457
Global Moderator

ghost wrote:Yes, I remember a similar plot, too... but really can't remembee the title. :?
I am just glad that someone else has seen it, and I am not totally crazy! If *I* can't remember the title, I can't fault someone else for not remembering it.
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:27 am If *I* can't remember the title, I can't fault someone else for not remembering it.
Well, the premise of this film and it's "dystopian" bg story, we've seen it many times but you are probably referring to The Sparticle Mystery, and Anna (2021) comes to mind, but I've recently seen something like this on Netflix where all parents disappear and left to their own devices are teenagers, but very obnoxious ones I might add. Really I did some digging, there are many films where children have no adults around, whether it be of something mysterious (like Stephanie), a zombie outbreak, out of neglect (Battle for Skyark, Tideland), or just for fun (Les Enfants de Timpelbach, Kid Nation). =8)

Don't go quietly into the night.
Night457
Global Moderator

popdrome wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:57 pm Well, the premise of this film and it's "dystopian" bg story
Thanks for the input! I was thinking about this recently but could not remember where I posted it.

You came up with a lot more with a common premise than I did! (This is also one plot strand of Season 2 of "His Dark Materials.") I downloaded The Sparticle Mystery but have not even begun it. 3 Seasons!! I am dead certain that whatever I was trying to remember was a single short narrative, maybe even a short film rather than feature length.

Some of the others you listed I have seen and they are not it, or I have downloaded and not watched, or I have heard of and am now wondering why I did not download them!! I must have had really limited bandwidth at the time so I had to be very selective.

All I have to do is rewatch everything I downloaded during my time at FLM and I will find it eventually. But by then I will have forgotten this thread -- and I won't have had time to watch anything new!
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

The hunt continues.

Until then, thanks for that link to Stephanie, that looks spooky and interesting!
Night457
Global Moderator

Night457 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:01 pm The plot sounds familiar ...

Can anyone name another FLM Release with a similar premise? Mysteriously sleeping adults? It was not all adults but I think a significant number, and the children went wandering around the country with some of them coming to bad ends thanks to the awake adults. Some children are rounded up and put on a bus to be sent to foster parents, but the driver gets pissed off at one constantly crying child and takes him off the bus to abandon him by the side of the road. Our main heroes get separated from each other for awhile and end up back at home. I think it was European and not in English, with no subtitles and Released in the past year.
I FOUND IT!!!! It only took a little over 8 months. I discovered it accidentally when I was fulfilling a reshare request:

[REL] Spící mesto (2021)

Good movie! It was obviously memorable for me, but it drove me nuts because I could not remember the NAME of it. The Czech translates to "Sleeping Town". There it was, right in the title! If only I had known a few more Czech words!

Now I need to just watch that one and this one together to see how many similarities there are.