[REL] Bilitis (1977)

ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Bilitis (1977)

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm curious as to how one converts an audio track from one framerate to another without messing it up. What software do you use?
If you have an AC3 or DTS file, you can use eac3to (https://www.videohelp.com/software/eac3to). it's a command line tool, but there is a GUI for it:
[Image]
As you can see: very easy.

Adobe Premiere Pro or Adobe Media Encoder has the option "interpret footage", where you change the framerate too. Normally for the entire video and audio, but you can select only audio as output.
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:46 pmIf you have an AC3 or DTS file, you can use eac3to (https://www.videohelp.com/software/eac3to). it's a command line tool, but there is a GUI for it:
[Image]
As you can see: very easy.

Adobe Premiere Pro or Adobe Media Encoder has the option "interpret footage", where you change the framerate too. Normally for the entire video and audio, but you can select only audio as output.

Thanks. I'll check it out. :D

lunastar2021 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:53 pmwhats the name of the girl in green?

I assume you're talking about this girl:

[Image] [Image] [Image]

I know what you mean, she caught my eye too! Never been able to figure out who she is though. Some of David Hamilton's regulars you can put names to - or at least a name. Some (like Monica Broeke) appear to be aliases.

The girl in green is probably just a regular girl. Looks to have been about 13. Likely took dance as a lot of young girls do. At the time, late 70's, David Hamilton was much in demand. Mothers wanted him to photograph their daughters and he was never short on subjects. Talk about a job with great benefits! Anyway, like I said, probably a regular girl who got a few pictures taken and was invited to be an extra in this film. If anyone can identify her, please share with the class! But if she went on to have a normal life and didn't enter the modeling or movie business it'll be damn hard to find out anything about her. I sure haven't been able to.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Sabine Froute as Sabine

I looked at her picture and at the cast list, and said "That girl looks like a Sabine." I searched the whole cast and found better-known actresses who clearly were NOT her.

I really do not want to link anything, but search "Sabine Froute Jacques Bourboulon" and weed out all the semi-related pictures of Eva Ionesco, Brooke Shields, Jock Sturges models, and vintage Japanese junior idols. You will see her face among them, although many of the links are dead. At one time there was "SABINE FROUTE (Hamilton BILITIS) Jacques Bourboulon * Italian Vintage Magazine" on ebay but the listing pictures are gone!
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:57 amSabine Froute as Sabine

You're right, that's her. Thanks! 8-)

A snippet of an article included in a magazine scan states she first posed for David Hamilton at the age of 10 (doesn't say what year that was). You'll find her here and there in David's work. And she appears to have gone on to do more nude modeling after Bilitis, for various photographers, into the 1980's - before dropping out of sight.

No personal information is available though. There are no Facebook, Instagram, etc., accounts under the same Sabine Froute so either it was a professional name she adopted for anonymity or she simply has no presence on social media. I'm going to say her first name probably is Sabine but the last name Froute is fake. Just a guess.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

There is no reason she could not have retired from modeling, married and changed her last name as a result. She certainly did not have an acting career that would motivate her to keep a known name.

Don't forget that with 8 billion people in the world, there are only 3 billion F***book users -- and at least 1 billion of those are accounts generated by troll farms! ;) That leaves MANY people who aren't publicly identified on social media.