What if perfect robots ....??? Poll! Vote!

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.

Would you purchase such an android?

Yes, would not even have to be a perfect imitation of my favorite actress, just if it could pass for a human without close inspection
23%
Yes, would not even have to be a perfect imitation of my favorite actress, just if it could pass for a human with close inspection
14%
Yes, but only if it was a perfect imitation of my favorite actress
14%
Yes, but only if it would be easy to hide from my social circle (family, neighbors, etc)
14%
Yes, if I could afford it.
27%
Yes, but only if it became socially acceptable.
No votes
18+ or 21+ models / (specify below)
5%
Yes, but only those that would match my age.
No votes
No, I would have ethical objections.
No votes
No, and I'm not saying why not
5%

Total votes: 22
goku33

Re: What if perfect robots ....??? Poll! Vote!

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

Infinity wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:24 pm Not too keen on the idea of a robot version of a girl I like, I think I'd be more comfortable with a human duplicate though, so a clone in essence.
„The Island“ with Scarlett Johansson and Ewan McGregor
Triela

Post by Triela »   0 likes

Infinity wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:24 pm Not too keen on the idea of a robot version of a girl I like,
Why not?
I think I'd be more comfortable with a human duplicate though, so a clone in essence.
A clone, while probably more realistic in terms of feasability, has certain drawbacks:
One, it would be as unethical to "own" a clone as it would be to own a human being.
Two, clones age! Robots do not.
Three, robots could be programmed to do exactly what the owner wants, clones can't.

It's fun to speculate, but both options aren't gonna happen in the next 50 years.
Although ... one can argue that if we can clone a sheep, science should be able to clone humans. And if you consider that real life is not the movies, full functioning human clones might already be among us.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

I want a clone like this.
[Image]
Infinity

Post by Infinity »   1 likes

Triela wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:08 pm
Infinity wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:24 pm Not too keen on the idea of a robot version of a girl I like,
Why not?
I think I'd be more comfortable with a human duplicate though, so a clone in essence.
A clone, while probably more realistic in terms of feasability, has certain drawbacks:
One, it would be as unethical to "own" a clone as it would be to own a human being.
Two, clones age! Robots do not.
Three, robots could be programmed to do exactly what the owner wants, clones can't.

It's fun to speculate, but both options aren't gonna happen in the next 50 years.
Although ... one can argue that if we can clone a sheep, science should be able to clone humans. And if you consider that real life is not the movies, full functioning human clones might already be among us.
I like an emotional connection and I don't think I would be comfortable with a robot, in my mind she'd always be artificial and I'd struggle to bond. Owning another human being is wrong, ideally, she'd choose to be with you and enjoy your company, and as for the age part - hopefully, we can stop them ageing if we ever reach this point in technical development, I am typically pretty picky when it comes to age nonetheless.

Just fun to think about, I don't think it will ever happen, unfortunately! In my ideal world, I'd have the girl I love, or a copy of her and she wouldn't ever grow old, with a lifetime of memories to be made!
[Image]
Kym Karath is pretty stinkin' cute, read about my favourite 1960s child actress!
Triela

It seems you have a Lewis Carroll "issue" .... i wonder what he thought about Alice Liddell when she grew older?

Like these 2 girls.... click here.
Sully23 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:13 am I want a clone like this.
would you not want her to be a bit younger, 12-14 or so???
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Triela wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:25 am would you not want her to be a bit younger, 12-14 or so???
I wish my life was similar to Westworld and not like this film.
https://www.first-loves.com/forums/view ... 1&start=40
And why do I want a young clone? It wouldn't do me any good, instead an old one amuses me. ;)
Triela

Sully23 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:48 pmAnd why do I want a young clone?
Bueno, para empezar: estás aquí en ESTE sitio web. Donde la gerontofilia está 100% ausente..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D

Well, for one thing: you are here on this website. Where gerontophilia is .... not a thing. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :D :D