[REL] Barnförbjudet aka The Elephant Walk (1979)

orangelamp

[REL] Barnförbjudet aka The Elephant Walk (1979)

Post by orangelamp »   66 likes

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078828/

A young girl dreams of a birthday party, where family and friends from her day-care center are invited. But in fact, her parents are always quarreling.

Bizarre film! No English subs available yet.
bugfxdfalwrw.png
csjckshtzthi.png
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.87 Gb]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by orangelamp on Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
pillowbaker

Re: [REL] Barnförbjudet aka The Elephant Walk (1979)

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Whoa weird! Thanks orangelamp! Grabbing this right away. Love the screenshots by the way.

Check out the movie poster.

[Image]

Here's a positive review I found online. I only glanced at it cuz this looks like a VERY interesting oddity to me and I don't want to know too much about it before going in!

Spoiler:

Found this review online:
Written and directed by Marie-Louise Ekman (then De Geer-Bergenstråhle).
Art direction by designer [ex-husband] Carl-Johan De Geer.

Gloriously watched on the big screen in a real movie theatre in my local cinema: Folkets Bio/Cinemateket in Umeå, Sweden.

This was a GREAT surprise.
Completely fascinating, weird and fabulous!

It would surprise me if Roy Andersson had NOT watched this!

Cinematograhically, this worked like a film from Roy Andersson, but instead of grey-scale it was SHOCKING PINK
and moved like it was ON ACID, and with a role cast that could have been taken from an Ingmar Bergman picture.

Children acting as adults and adults as children conjuring up the perfect essence of 1970's Sweden.
The AWKWARDNESS of most films by Roy Andersson is present, but executed EVEN BETTER, at least for someone who lived through the seventies in Sweden.

The colours go BERSERK in the film. Every colour is too much.
There is an apartment with walls painted in actual PASTEL BLACK and BROWN and too much of everything.
Gender roles and children/adult behaviour keep interchanging rapidly and entertaining all through the GREAT FINALE, which rivals most lavishly made musicals.

There are some unexpected and cleverly done circus with elephants, an adventurous city bus ride,
some household bitching that gives an ironic, but surprisingly true-ringing look at relations and desperate loneliness even WITH/AMONG other people, reminding again of Roy Andersson.

Unbelievably, parts of it was better than Roy Andersson.
I have hard to fathom that fact even now.

The cast: Bibi Andersson, Rolf Skoglund, Anna-Lisa Ericson, Michael Segerström, Grynet Molvig, Krister Henriksson, Sune Mangs.

Johannes Brost and Claire Wikholm in smaller (although perfectly executed) roles, and there are also some surprising acting performances by Swedish musicians Kal P Dal and Fred Åkerström.

I was giggling through most of this film, and the last time I did that was on INHERENT VICE (2014) by Paul Thomas Anderson.

This was actually such a great cinema experience, that I feel compelled to give it a 10/10 rating by my first watching.
Now, I want to see more of her (Marie-Louise Ekman) films!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

This looks really weird. :shock:

Thanks for finding,
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   3 likes

Machine-translated English subtitles:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
relic

Post by relic »   0 likes

Thanks for the subs Ghost. Now can some kind soul post a direct link to a torrent for me?
Thanks. Relic
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   78 likes

Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Thank you orangelamp for the original! Thank you ghost for the English subs and the de-logoed video!
relic wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:11 pm Now can some kind soul post a direct link to a torrent for me?
Thanks. Relic
I looked for a torrent but did not find any, except for the unrelated 1954 movie "Elephant Walk".

The only thing I found was a svtplay page that showed it was there at one time, probably requiring a Swedish IP or VPN:
https://www.svtplay.se/video/27003477/barnforbjudet

Sooooo ... you can download the de-logoed version from this ulozto link:
https://ulozto.net/file/KqbY0FPff6T4/ba ... W4IUOLATIz

:mrgreen:
barracute

Post by barracute »   0 likes

Thanks for this, really bonkers but enjoyable oddity!

While watching I think i spotted a glaring continuity error unless i missed something?

At 43min 40sec they return home and The girl and her Gran sit at the table by the window, the scene then cuts back and forth between the argument in the loo and the group at the table, the error is at the 3rd time we see the table at 47.30, the girl is barefoot here, unlike the prev 2 scenes but in all following scenes she is fully dressed in shoes and tights (as when they arrived home) and remains so until she gets undressed to get into bed!

Someone didnt notice that when shooting i guess?!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Wrong footsies! The woman is barefoot, girl has shoes on. They are white and in shadow like her tights but I can see the shoelaces. Right click to open image in its own tab and zoom in close.
47:30 screenshot -
[Image]
barracute

Post by barracute »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:11 pm Wrong footsies! The woman is barefoot, girl has shoes on. They are white and in shadow like her tights but I can see the shoelaces. Right click to open image in its own tab and zoom in close.
47:30 screenshot -
[Image]
argh (slaps self) ! of course thanks ! :mrgreen: