Folder is 100% full (50 out of 50 messages stored)

Problems, requests or comments regarding forums or the main site go here.
mimzy

Re: Folder is 100% full (50 out of 50 messages stored)

Post by mimzy »   2 likes

Night457 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:49 pm Well, I have to assume that on most sites that admins TECHNICALLY have total control over a board. I don't have the tech knowledge, but I am unclear how someone with "complete control" would be UNABLE to read so-called Private messages. If they can reset a password, then why wouldn't they be able to access all parts of a person's account, if they really wanted to?
Anybody who has direct database access can of course read private messages among other things, but in this case they are very aware of what they are doing. It cannot happen accidentally by clicking at wrong place with a mouse.

In any case, it is wise to assume that someone else CAN read your private messages. For example, the server may get hacked or confiscated by the FBI.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

goku33 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:46 pm I just found out each folder can store 50 messages? So I was able to move messages from inbox to another folder. I guess I can also delete unimportant messages.
Yep. IIRC, it is possible to create 4 additional folders to store 200 additional messages if needed.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

mimzy wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:16 am In any case, it is wise to assume that someone else CAN read your private messages. For example, the server may get hacked or confiscated by the FBI.
Well yeah I assume that. Health care systems and banks get hacked, and you would think they would be more concerned about security than individuals with their private chatter. It all comes down to what value your data has to someone else.

I strive to be worthless.
mimzy wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:24 am Yep. IIRC, it is possible to create 4 additional folders to store 200 additional messages if needed.
OHHHHHHHH, now I see! I did not create any, but I figured out how to do it:
message folders.jpg
That should be enough for anyone who chats much with board friends.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I had a notification and it said:
"Information
You are not authorised to read private messages that are on hold."
Not seen that before?!
I got the above in a PM from another member. I suspect it is because his Inbox is full and he needs to delete messages, just as is detailed in this thread. Of course he can not read any PMs from me in response if that is the case!

So I am breaking the PM rules and sort of using a post for a PM, but I have made it general enough so that EVERYONE can read it and learn.

If it is some other issue that causes it, then the tech-expert-Admins can read and explain.