[REL] Libre Garance! (2022)

Matco

[REL] Libre Garance! (2022)

Post by Matco »   1 likes

This one must be cute,

It's summer 82. Eleven-year-old Garance lives in a remote hamlet in the Cévennes where her parents are trying to lead an alternative life. When two Italian activists rob a nearby bank, things go wrong. This event turns the life of Garance and her family upside down…

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt19121498/

[Image]
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REQ] Libre Garance! (2022)

Post by ghost »   0 likes

The trailer looks really nice!

IIMDB says, that it will be released in France on September 21, 2022.

Trailer:
maacttorr79

Post by maacttorr79 »   0 likes

any news
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   123 likes

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.94 Gb]

Please, anyone... get me subtitles! :icon_frown2

Home made English subs:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [61.6 Kb]
David32441

Re: [REL] Libre Garance! (2022)

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

That's the French for you, they expect everyone to learn French. They very rarely generate English subtitles!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   2 likes

All we need is French subtitles for the hearing impaired. ("sous-titres pour les malentendants") Plenty of nationalities will overlook THEM. We just need to wait until there is a streaming service that has those subtitles. Ghost likes translating French, so he would appreciate the challenge as long as he has the text. I am guessing he got the video from Vimeo France, but I don't see any sign that it has subtitles:
https://vimeo.com/ondemand/libregarance

I have some vintage movies on French blu-ray with optional English subtitles, so I guess when they have evidence of real outside interest in a French film then the subtitles will be there, often having been created long ago. New movies have to wait for outsiders to discover them on their own, or get international distribution. It may be that the filmmakers want to keep their distribution options OPEN for their new film, so that those outside parties will have something to actually DO with the film. The producers are still interested in getting more money for their recent investment.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

That's the French for you, they expect everyone to learn French. They very rarely generate English subtitles!
Yes. :( Like the Italians.
Ghost likes translating French
This rumor seems to exist. :shock:

Yes, I got it from Vimeo. This is the only source atm. No other streaming service in France has it yet.
David32441

Post by David32441 »   1 likes

Not just Ghost, I've translated two French films just from the audio too, using my phone and some apps! La Petite Allumeuse and one other.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I am sure ghost would be gracious enough to allow you to audio-translate the French if you are enthusiastic for it. Share the joy!

If you decide to do so, be aware that as a new film it has a chance of subtitles showing up "any minute now". I have seen more than one case here where someone goes to the trouble of a translation, and then BOOM! The professional subtitles suddenly appear, and it can even be the same person who discovers them. If you enjoy the process of translation enough, that sort of thing won't make you mad. The experience will still be worthwhile. I seem to remember that the films you tackled had been languishing decades without a translation, so your efforts were desperately needed. (And very much appreciated!)

Has anyone watched this yet without subtitles and without knowledge of French? No spoilers please, but were you able to follow the story at least halfway well?
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Has anyone watched this yet without subtitles and without knowledge of French? No spoilers please, but were you able to follow the story at least halfway well?
No. I'll wait until subtitles show up. I'm pretty sure you will see it on some French streamers soon... At least I hope so :?