[REL] Courage Mountain (1990)

Night457
Global Moderator

[REL] Courage Mountain (1990)

Post by Night457 »   24 likes

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097115/ __ AKA "Courage Mountain: Heidi's New Adventure"
In this version of "Heidi," a young Swiss girl is sent off to boarding school at the beginning of World War I.
The story idea was inspired by the book "Heidi Grows Up" by Johanna Spyri's translator Tritten, Charles in which Heidi is sent to a boarding school and is shunned for her mountain ways.
TV reviewers Siskel & Ebert picked it as one of their "Worst Films of 1990"! What?!?
Spoiler:

Roger Ebert - Host: Here, for example, is "Courage Mountain", in which a teenaged Heidi is shipped off to a cruel Italian orphanage- Gene, stop laughing- and she has to walk home, all the way to Switzerland, right across the Alps. Fortunately, Charlie Sheen comes to her rescue.
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

Teenage Heidi is played by 15-year-old Juliette Caton, memorable as the Girl Angel in "The Last Temptation of Christ". To hell with Gene & Roger, I found this entertaining, although it certainly can not compare to any of the REAL versions of the "Heidi" story. There are some loose ends left dangling, but at least one of the villains gets a satisfying sendoff.

Free streaming: https://tubitv.com/movies/404578/courag ... start=true

English subtitles regular & SDH:
Courage Mountain (1990).EN&SDH.zip
Video presented in open-matte full screen original camera negative aspect ratio.

480p English with optional English subtitles:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [952.15 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [56.3 Kb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [63.1 Kb]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Courage Mountain (1990)

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Can it be that you're somehow obsessed with the Heidi theme? :lol:

I don't know if I wanna watch this version.

Thanks anyways ;)
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Thanks for the REL, Night! I actually came across this one while looking at Heidi and FLM material on tubitv. Surprising how much Heidi there is out there! As it turns out, there's a fair goodly amount of FLM material there at tubi. I remember watching some of this and I remember the initial dialogue between Heidi and wait-- hold on-- I recognized that guy. I'm sorry I probably chuckled a bit like Gene. I saw the production value was certainly watchable enough for me though!

Many of the other options at tubi looked like they would be a bit more difficult to get through, cute girls or not. I did make a large enough list of bookmarks of qualifiable movies, and I feel like I've only scratched the surface.

Thanks again for The New Adventures of Heidi on Courage Mountain!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:03 pm Can it be that you're somehow obsessed with the Heidi theme? :lol:
Yeah, once I get on a run I keep going until my interest fizzles out. Apparently there are a couple dozen Heidi adaptations out there including multiple TV series, but there is no chance I will ever try to get them all. I think I am pretty much done for now. I need to watch some martial arts movies.

Normally I am unenthusiastic about both remakes AND sequels, but I figure that since the story is now over 140 years old that some repetition is justified.

When the girls are on the run from the orphanage and raid a battlefield littered with corpses for blankets and other supplies, they also pick up a few knives and bayonets. I was REALLY disappointed when they did not get to use them! Peter had to be the hero at the last minute and rescue them, and I wanted them to take matters into their OWN hands since Heidi had led them successfully so far. This sequel needs a modern remake! "Bloody Heidi: The Bitch is Back!"
pillowbaker wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:15 pmI remember watching some of this and I remember the initial dialogue between Heidi and wait-- hold on-- I recognized that guy.
I was horrified at the thought of that sick degenerate in the same breathing space as a 15-year-old girl, but at 24 he was either still relatively uncorrupted or a better actor than I thought because he faked the sweetness and decency pretty well. :twisted: I just hope she had a chaperone on set.
deadman

Post by deadman »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:58 pmWhen the girls are on the run from the orphanage and raid a battlefield littered with corpses for blankets and other supplies, they also pick up a few knives and bayonets. I was REALLY disappointed when they did not get to use them! Peter had to be the hero at the last minute and rescue them, and I wanted them to take matters into their OWN hands since Heidi had led them successfully so far. This sequel needs a modern remake! "Bloody Heidi: The Bitch is Back!"

Sounds good. They should get Robert Rodriguez to direct that one. :lol:

Night457 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:58 pm
pillowbaker wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:15 pmI remember watching some of this and I remember the initial dialogue between Heidi and wait-- hold on-- I recognized that guy.
I was horrified at the thought of that sick degenerate in the same breathing space as a 15-year-old girl, but at 24 he was either still relatively uncorrupted or a better actor than I thought because he faked the sweetness and decency pretty well. :twisted: I just hope she had a chaperone on set.

Charlie Sheen only molests boys named Corey. Girls he prefers to beat. But he was probably too busy drinking and snorting coke in his trailer between scenes to bother smacking her around. Why are so many celebrities so fucked up? You have money, fame, all you have to do is hold it together and behave like a normal human being. Yet so many actors, athletes, and musicians can't even manage the minimum.

Some stories seem to get redone over and over. Heidi is one. The Turn of the Screw is another example. Can't say I mind. Many versions are going to be boring but some of them will be very interesting indeed. So the more the merrier!
pillowbaker

Night457 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:58 pm Yeah, once I get on a run I keep going until my interest fizzles out. Apparently there are a couple dozen Heidi adaptations out there including multiple TV series, but there is no chance I will ever try to get them all. I think I am pretty much done for now. I need to watch some martial arts movies..
I found another one for your collection, Night! You prophesized of its creation in the very same post I quote from:

This sequel needs a modern remake! "Bloody Heidi: The Bitch is Back!"

Here ya go:

Mad Heidi (2022)
tagline (no joke): "YOU JUST FUCKED WITH THE WRONG HEIDI"

[Image]

https://rarbg.to/torrent/kdyve2n (torrent, 35+ seeders, 1080p webrip, 1.7 gig)

Seriously, check it out (30 second trailer):

edit:
evil laughter AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA

AH HA HAHA HA AHA HAHAHA H!!!!!!

!!!!!!
Last edited by pillowbaker on Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Yes, pillowbaker. I saw it too! :o :o :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

GTFO! I don't believe it.

I am downloading it now.

Since Alice Lucy was apparently born c.1594, she is probably too old for FLM, but that does not matter to me. This is a MUST SEE film!

Thank you!
pillowbaker

Night457 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:16 pm GTFO! I don't believe it.

I am downloading it now.

Since Alice Lucy was apparently born c.1594, she is probably too old for FLM, but that does not matter to me. This is a MUST SEE film!

Thank you!
BWAHAHAHAH

Creds to you, bloody good prediction, Night!

Apparently, the movie isn't too bad. This reviewer enjoyed it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skl5notBh5o

lol at some of other other taglines: Swissploitation

Too bad they couldn't have made her slightly younger, like MBS in God Bless America:
https://www.first-loves.com/forums/view ... =25&t=8276
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Written and directed by Bobcat Goldthwait? WTF!? Another one I have to see. Never heard of it, what was I doing in 2011? Hmmm. Someone is even sharing the 2012 eMule file right now.

I have to guess that whoever made "Mad Heidi" is an FLM member, read my post and said, "Hmmm, good idea!" Then churned out a B-movie quickie.