[REL] Sayyedat al-Bahr (2019) [Saudi Arabia]

Rich_Visiting

[REL] Sayyedat al-Bahr (2019) [Saudi Arabia]

Post by Rich_Visiting »   2 likes

Sayyedat al-Bahr (2019) [Saudi Arabia]
AKA "Scales"

Set in a dystopian landscape, SCALES is the story of a young strong-willed girl, Hayat, who lives in a poor fishing village governed by a dark tradition in which every family must give one daughter to the sea creatures who inhabit the waters nearby. In turn the sea creatures are hunted by the men of the village. Saved from this fate by her father, Hayat is considered a curse on the village and grows up an outcast. Nevertheless, she does not surrender to this fate and fights for a place within her village. After her mother gives birth to a baby boy, Hayat must accept the brutal custom of giving herself to the sea creatures or finding a way to escape.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6872846

:)
Kissonline

Re: [REQ] Sayyedat al-Bahr (2019) [Saudi Arabia]

Post by Kissonline »   15 likes

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.67 Gb]
[Image]
I found in the PT station that someone in KG shared the 1080p version of Netflix named Scales.2019.1080p.NF.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.x264-POWER.mkv-4.07GB. Unfortunately, I did not connect to their seed. This is the 1080p streaming media version shared by zenxiu. If any friend can find English subtitles, it will be a blessing. Have a nice day! :heart
Hope to share with everyone :D
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Sayyedat al-Bahr (2019) [Saudi Arabia]

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks a lot for finding, Kissonline! :P

Maybe I'm getting old, but what is "PT station" and "KG"?
DreamScape

Post by DreamScape »   1 likes

KG = karagarga
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Thank you Rich and a BIG thank you to Kissonline! I look forward to watching this allegorical tale.

I verified that this was on Netflix Saudi Arabia, at the very least. (I don't have Netflix.) It was released theatrically in some places with English subtitles, but I have NOT found any subtitles online. There does not seem to be all that much dialog in it anyway.

I did find a few streaming releases in 1080p at ok.ru, like this one which is the same as Kissonline's:

https://ok.ru/video/2832237857286

This is an alternative for those who can not emule but can use Jdownloader or other downloaders.

[EDIT: I went back and discovered that this ok.ru video has optional English subtitles.]
ghost wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:25 pm Maybe I'm getting old, but what is "PT station" and "KG"?
PT = Private Tracker / Private Torrent
KG = Kyrgyzstan [?]

That's my interpretation, anyway.
DreamScape wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:52 pm KG = karagarga
AHA! That makes more sense! Thanks DreamScape.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karagarga
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   2 likes

Thanks for the explaination. ;)

Delivering the orginal English subtitles from Netflix:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Alright ghost, thanks for the subtitles!

English subtitles resynced to the Kissonline / ok.ru file:
Sayyedat al-Bahr AKA Scales (2019).srt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   18 likes

Who the f... transformed 24fps to 60fps? I don't want to be a grump, but the movements look a bit jerky. :cry:

I made my own rip from Netflix. There is very little text in this movie, so I decided to hardburn the subtitles.

[Image]

Alternative dl-link if your eyes prefer more smoothness. ;)

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.27 Gb]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:56 am Who the f... transformed 24fps to 60fps? I don't want to be a grump, but the movements look a bit jerky.
???

I admit I only watched enough to get the subtitles synced, but I have to trust your evaluation of jerkiness. However, checking it with MediaInfo, VLC and MPC-BE the file is 30fps not 60fps. And isn't 30fps generally used for live streaming, like Vimeo? I don't have camera information on this but I bet it was shot digital and graded black and white rather than shot on now-expensive black and white film, so I don't know what the original frame rate would be either. If they actually transferred the digital to film I sure hope they kept a consistent 24fps rather than doing a conversion.

I was expecting that since you got the Netflix subtitles you would end up Releasing the Netflix video ... thank you!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

VLC and MPC-BE the file is 30fps not 60fps.
eMule's file information said 60 fps (I don't know why :think ) and I didn't check it again when the download was complete.
And isn't 30fps generally used for live streaming, like Vimeo?
No, it's not.
Many people use HandBrake for decoding videos. Its default framerate is set to 30 fps and people just click "start" and don't change it back to the original framrate of the source file. I guess this guy did the same mistake.