[REQ] Perto de Casa (2009) [Brazil]

Short films and movies available on-line at Vimeo, YouTube and similar sites can be posted here if they don't have an ed2k link. Requests can also be made here.
user123

[REQ] Perto de Casa (2009) [Brazil]

Post by user123 »   3 likes

Short in Portuguese with hard coded subtitles:

https://ulozto.net/file/V60Ra8TPOgYU/pe ... a-2009-mp4

Can't find it on IMDB. I don't even remember where I found this video, but it took me time and it wasn't easy at all :D

[Image]
Last edited by user123 on Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
To download files I shared on uloz use my username user123_ and my password Abc12345678 - please don't change it
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REQ] Perto de Casa (2009) [Brazil]

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Thank you, cute film!

Perto de casa (2009) / "Close to home"

Directed by Sérgio Borges, who has some films at IMDB but not this one. Google search gave multiple results that give the year as 2009, so I changed it from the 2013 that you had.

Minimal director and filmography information: https://iffr.com/en/persons/s%C3%A9rgio-borges

This link has an embedded Vimeo player:
https://embaubaplay.com/catalogo/perto-de-casa/

It also says it is 12 minutes when the video is clearly 9:30. Portuguese subtitles.

The production site of MG/Brazil would be Minas Gerais, a state in Southeastern Brazil.
user123

Post by user123 »   0 likes

Thank you very much for all the information and corrections @Night457 that was really quick! :D
Night457 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:57 am I changed it from the 2013 that you had.
I have no idea how I got the wrong year, sadly I can't change the filename on Uloz.to. Maybe searching for the wrong year and also that I used Duckduckgo instead of Google is the reason I couldn't find all that information! I'll re-upload it to Uloz.to with the corrected year in the filename and update the link here.
To download files I shared on uloz use my username user123_ and my password Abc12345678 - please don't change it
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

user123 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:17 pm Thank you very much for all the information and corrections @Night457 that was really quick! :D
In this case it was short enough that I actually watched the video first! ;) It is basically just kids (brothers?) playing in the dirt; while I do not understand Portuguese, the younger one was cracking me up with his enthusiasm. :D

When you said you could not find an IMDB link I wanted to find some sort of official acknowledgement of its existence. Since in this case I actually had the film I wanted to research and not just a film title, it made finding out more information easier. Once I got the director's name in the closing credits, that paired with the film name led to the results, mostly Portuguese language pages about film festivals.
sadly I can't change the filename on Uloz.to.
If you uploaded it under your own login you CAN go back and edit details like filenames, although so far I have not had to do that. The one time I uploaded anonymously, I was given a special access URL that I could copy or bookmark (and I did). I can use it to delete the file but it does not look like I can edit the details, like the name. If you uploaded anonymously AND you saved that special access URL, you can delete the one with the "wrong" date.

Of course it is possible that the film managed to get the later date as an official delayed festival release, and 2009 is just when he shot it. If it had an IMDB entry, they tend to date it by first theatrical or broadcast release and they do NOT reflect how long a director has stored a film in his private film closet.

One thing that caught me about your Uloz link was that it was "live" and was able to play the whole video, not just a preview! I did not even realize that was an option. (Maybe it is only for short videos, and it is done automatically?)
user123

Post by user123 »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:34 pm Once I got the director's name in the closing credits, that paired with the film name led to the results, mostly Portuguese language pages about film festivals.
Good point. I didn't even look in detail at the closing credits yet, and it would be interesting to see if it could get added to IMDB. I don't know if registered users can add movies themselves, but I have a similar problem with music videos from the boy group "Parchis", they are not (yet) listed on the DB Kodi scraps information from, so they don't show up in the library and it's a pain in the ass. It's in my to-do list to create an account there to get these added, but it's just so much pending work with these rare movies, looking for the best possible resolutions, try to merge the video track with audio tracks and subtitles in other languages (as long as they all have the same length)... I have more than 4TB full of repeated movies I'm trying to slowly merge each best track with another and finally delete all the duplicates :D
Night457 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:34 pm If you uploaded it under your own login you CAN go back and edit details like filenames, although so far I have not had to do that. The one time I uploaded anonymously, I was given a special access URL that I could copy or bookmark (and I did). I can use it to delete the file but it does not look like I can edit the details, like the name. If you uploaded anonymously AND you saved that special access URL, you can delete the one with the "wrong" date.
I know, I uploaded other movies as registered user and added a link to the IMDB page, but when you upload anonymously you can't edit or add information (which is what I did with these). I forgot my login/password so I have registered a new account on Uloz now :) Good about this hoster is files seem to survive for a very long time which is great since in the end the problem is always the lack of time and the huge to-do list hehe
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

user123 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:16 pm I don't know if registered users can add movies themselves
Supposedly yes, but I have not done it myself. I expect a large number of entries are by volunteer contributors (like Wikipedia does), rather than the Amazon employees who are advertising movies for THAT site.
but I have a similar problem with music videos from the boy group "Parchis"
If they have been released theatrically or on some home media then I would assume they are eligible for an IMDB entry! If only released streaming on YouTube, then probably not.
try to merge the video track with audio tracks and subtitles in other languages (as long as they all have the same length)...
That is much fun and I spend much more time collecting and merging different versions than watching the results. Stretching audio tracks is not something I care to do, but simply adjusting the start times when the runtime of the body of the videos match up is easy to do with mkvmerge GUI. Subtitles are even easier to adjust in Subtitle Edit.
I have more than 4TB full of repeated movies I'm trying to slowly merge each best track with another and finally delete all the duplicates :D
Even once I have created my "ideal" version I usually save all the old useless junk. Silly me. Then when I find it on a drive a few years later I have no idea why I have it, and if I "need" it.
Good about this hoster is files seem to survive for a very long time
In the fine print they CLAIM they MIGHT delete old files that do not get downloaded, but with all the junk I find there I find that hard to believe. :lol: I have not figured out if it shows somewhere in your account how many times an upload has been downloaded. It might be interesting to see if there was any point to uploading some of my files. (Not all of them are FLM films, so I have no place to "advertise" them.)

And I wish uloz would include upload dates with the public videos so I could see what is brand new and what is really old.