[REL] Magnificent 7 (2005) [TV Movie]

user123

Re: [REL] Magnificent 7 (2005) [TV Movie]

Post by user123 »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:46 am This video is my own remux. The watermark has been blurred out from what looks like a 720p upscale. The English soundtrack is in sync and was made complete by borrowing 21 seconds from a non-dubbed portion of another source. There are still roughly 10 seconds with mild glitches in the damaged audio about 80 minutes in. I did loudness normalization on the entire track to get rid of the harsh and tinny sound of the original, so it sounds much better now.
Wow, I'm impressed @Night457! That was not only an impressive investigative work finding a higher resolution version in Polish, Russian or whatever language it is :mrgreen:- but also to edit and sync the English audio track into it and even improve the quality! Thank you very much! :clap :clap :clap

When I saw you mention audacity I wanted to suggest using a video editor instead of audacity since that program is only for audio and without actually seeing the video track(s) to compare them it must be quite difficult to do it! I learned the basics of video editing to cut DVB-T recordings with trial and error and short youtube introduction tutorials and wanted to make a quick introduction to kdenlive (Windows and Linux) in case you (or someone else) had interest

[Image]

But you are done already! You are really quick! :lol: Thanks again!!

In the picture are just the first steps, once you find parts of the movie that have been cut in one version but not the other, you can do the same cutting to the other to keep them in sync, then render it (just the track you want) and depending on what you need (audio or video) slurp the desired track with mkvtoolnix without touching the other original video/audio tracks. If anyone has interest I can make more pictures to see how to get started easily with any other movie - but don't tell Night or he'll get it done before you can blink your eyes :lol:
Last edited by user123 on Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
To download files I shared on uloz use my username user123_ and my password Abc12345678 - please don't change it
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

You are very welcome! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I first became a Helena Bonham Carter fan long ago but this is the first I had heard of this movie. Maybe one day we will discover a higher quality version that is not a cut-and-paste Frankenstein monstrosity.
user123 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:37 am wanted to make a quick introduction to kdenlive (Windows and Linux) in case you (or someone else) had interest
I will try any program that is free, thanks!

If I have a need to do something on my computer and I don't have one piece of software that does everything I need to do, I often have some other program that will do the things that it does not do. And as long as I can break a task into its component parts I can usually figure it out given enough time. I had a little experience with Audacity strictly with audio recording and editing -- recording a 5" vinyl record to my computer as an mp3. (Those suckers are a pain to play!) I can play videos back over and over again in VLC to figure out the timing necessary down to the nearest second. Then I can play it back in the Preview window of Avidemux to figure out the exact frame and millisecond timing in order to get audio precisely in sync from different sources. I used to sync audio just "by ear", but it is much better to get numerical confirmation that I have it exact. I don't trust my old eyes and ears so much anymore. It helped quite a bit that I was editing English audio, since I could easily identify the parts just by listening. I rarely do either any video or audio editing, but if I start doing it on a more regular basis then I will definitely want to use software that does BOTH.
Night457
Global Moderator

pillowbaker wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:13 am Wow what a neat project, Night! I have to say, you did that fast!
If I wake up in the morning with a project on my mind, I just keep going on it until it is done, adding coffee as necessary. I got "breaks" when I had to leave the computer alone to do some of the more lengthy audio or video recoding.
I had fun trying to understand everything you and user123 were talking about when you tried describing the muxing and audio encoding process.
I am glad you had fun. It makes sense if you have used the software, but I expected that anyone else would find it extremely dull! That is why I went back and "SPOILERED" a number of my long posts. They were really just information-in-progress communiques. Once I had the final product they did not really matter anymore.
Someday I'll try this on my own and I'll review everything you wrote here!
For me it was really a process of learning one piece of software at a time and gradually finding out all the things it could do. Then I would keep working with what I already knew rather than starting over with something else new. If I wanted to start video and audio editing from scratch, I would much rather use an all-in-one piece of software like user123 suggested. If is easier to learn ONE piece of software instead of 4 or 5!
pillowbaker

Re: [REQ] Magnificent 7 (2005)

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:20 pm More muxing talk:

P.S.: If any FLM member is interested enough to still be reading this post AND knows a little of either Russian or Polish, would you be so kind as to check out the following link and tell me what the dubbed language is?

https://www.cda.pl/video/1620064db

It is a Polish site, but it sounds like it COULD be Russian. I just do not know the languages well enough for me to tell for certain. Thank you.[/spoiler]
Ok Night, here's what I figured out.

Take the film's Polish title, listed in the link to the video you provided. Siedmioro wspaniałych. Enter it into google translate to verify that this title as written is Polish. Google identifies it as Polish, but you already knew that. Now hit the play button under the Polish phrase to hear how it's pronounced.

It sounds kinda like "shed-mee oh-roh spahn-yow-ich" with the ch at the end being a soft breathy hiss at the back of the mouth. Then, listen to the video you linked from the :02 to the :04 second range and listen to how he pronounces the title Magnificent Seven. This sounds the same to me.

Then listen to how he pronounces the word for "director" at the :25 to :26 second range, and cross reference it with google's version of the Polish word for director (make sure you select director for films). It's close, but sounds like it has an added syllable. But it could be a simple morpheme or case change based on how the word is being used. Problem is, the Russian word for director is similarly pronounced!

Now, finally, listen to "inspired by the true story..." This is where it gets interesting. Google and deepl use different phrasing, but that doesn't mean it's not Polish. I checked in with other similar and close languages, Czech and Slovak, and they seemed further away from what's spoken in the video. BUT an alternative in Slovenian seemed closer! However, there are no speaking options for Slovenian in google or deepl. I have seen Slovenian dubs before, so I suppose it isn't impossible.

Perhaps we can get someone like mimzy or ... I know there's another member that is decent with Russian, also. Perhaps we can ask them if they can identify the language as NOT Russian? My guess if Polish but I will feel like such a dummy if I can't recognize a widely spoken language.

Other areas to listen for are common words like "no" and "and" which we know how are pronounced in Russian. But "and" and "no" are very similar apparently in Polish!!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Oh very sneaky user123, I see you added more to your post!
user123 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:37 am once you find parts of the movie that have been cut in one version but not the other, you can do the same cutting to the other to keep them in sync
My own preference is to keep the video as complete as possible, even if that means having a silent section of the audio. Fortunately in this case I was able to restore the missing audio parts. But I can easily imagine circumstances where I would want to edit out video, such as a commercial interruption of a video from broadcast television. There is no software I have right now that would do that easily. The software you suggested sounds like a great solution.
but don't tell Night or he'll get it done before you can blink your eyes :lol:
Oh you think? Don't overestimate me. Once I have learned a piece of software I usually remember how to use it, but that learning process DOES take me time. This project I spent most of my time fighting to get the controls to work how I wanted them in Audacity, which does not seem intuitive to me. I even went so far as to check out a brief YouTube instructional, and I would never have gotten anywhere without it! Then when I had my complete audio version and checked it out, I had to scrap it and do it all over again because I miscalculated some of the timing at the beginning of the video. Doh!
user123

Night457 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:53 amMaybe one day we will discover a higher quality version that is not a cut-and-paste Frankenstein monstrosity.
Yeah, having a 1080p version with DTS surround some day in future is everyone's dream, but right now what I see is you rescued a nice movie from getting lost in time maybe forever :icon_thumbsup
Night457 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:53 am an all-in-one piece of software like user123 suggested. If is easier to learn ONE piece of software instead of 4 or 5
There is never an all-in-one solution for anything. A big problem I see with free video editing tools I use like kdenlive or OpenShot is that they can only deal with one video track and one audio track (and subtitles get lost too). When I recorded DVB-T movies with more than one audio track and multiple languages I could not edit them and keep all the audio tracks. So this is why I then tried to cut them with Avidemux without rendering anything and trying to keep all the tracks, but then I was bound by key frames and It looked crap. And even if you use one of those expensive 10'000€ programs they will probably never be all-in-one for everything ;)
Night457 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:53 am My own preference is to keep the video as complete as possible, even if that means having a silent section of the audio.
You are right, specially if the movie will be shared. I have seen movies where the language changes for a few seconds because that part was missing (cut out) from the version released for that language, but the original video track was kept when syncing. Since in such cases I always keep the originals anyway I didn't mind cutting some seconds if it's for personal use or to see together with friends that could find language changes during a dialogue a bit strange :mrgreen:

BTW when I get a movie with a TV logo I also try to always keep another version with either no TV logo on it or with a TV logo in a different place (recorded from a different channel) even if it has a lower resolution with the hope I can get rid of the logo some say when I h ave enough time to learn how to do it. But right now my biggest fight and what keeps me busy is that I run out of space all the time :lol:
Last edited by user123 on Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
To download files I shared on uloz use my username user123_ and my password Abc12345678 - please don't change it
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REQ] Magnificent 7 (2005)

pillowbaker wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:19 am Ok Night, here's what I figured out.
Wow! You are dedicated. I can compare written languages but you are on the first steps to learning the spoken languages. I did a little bit of that with Swedish from watching the same videos over and over again.

I figure it is PROBABLY Polish being on a Polish site, but still it sounded sort of like Russian to me. Maybe because it was a single voice dub, which is so common in Russian-dubbed movies? I have watched plenty of both original language Russian and Polish movies so I probably ought to be able to tell the difference in how they sound even if I do not understand the content.

I am quite certain there are a number of Russian speakers at FLM even though they do not necessarily advertise it. I totally understand and respect wanting to keep SOME degree of Internet anonymity, which is just good sense. I have never hidden my native language and country, but that is as specific as I will get.

I am also betting that the vast majority of Russian speakers will not be reading my endless pages upon pages of long-winded and tedious drivel, so they will probably never know that I am questioning a language. Most people have the good sense to just grab movies that interest them and go watch them. What the heck is wrong with me? :lol:

However, sometime AFTER I posted my question, I noticed that the movie title posted under the video ALSO said "Lektor PL". This seems to indicate that it has a "reader" (or narrator) in "Polish". I had asked about the language because I orginally planned to create and release a supermux version with multiple language options. And if I have a file with multiple languages, I am obligated to identify them correctly, am I not?! I abandoned that plan when I realized that I had not actually found any subtitles for this movie in any language, and that the Polish (?) version was a narration, which I just loathe. So I stuck with just the English.

But I also realize that sometimes spoken or subtitled languages are misidentified on sites, so I was still curious.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here!

I know I have exasperated mimzy and others when I turn a movie thread into an endless technical discussion, but I figure they long ago abandoned this one. I totally admit I am majorly guilty here but I am just going to keep going. They can click "Show posts with ed2k links" and avoid all the rest. Maybe one day when I am bored I will Mod and move all the non-movie posts here to another thread in the Hardware & Software forum where they belong. I know I am going to hell anyway, so I will just be bad some of the time anyway.
user123 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:51 am A big problem I see with free video editing tools I use like kdenlive or OpenShot is that they can only deal with one video track and one audio track
Uh oh, that would not have worked for me here. Audacity can import and edit multiple audio tracks, which is why I used it.
And even if you use one of those expensive 10'000€ programs they will probably never be all-in-one for everything ;)
If I had the money for that then I would hunt down the Australian DVD somewhere, but dammit I am cheap! I am also not "in the business" so I do not make any money from editing or remuxing. It is simply creating something for my own pleasure and sharing it with others who may also want it.
I have seen movies where the language changes for a few seconds because that part was missing (cut out) from the version released for that language, but the original video track was kept when syncing.
The professionals do that more frequently nowadays, which I guess is what you are referring to. Italian horror master director Dario Argento has a number of his older movies where the original Italian version is longer than the English-language release. The available English soundtrack is only complete for the shorter version. Certain boutique blu-ray labels like Arrow UK will do a multi-language option for the longer version where it briefly cuts from English to Italian with English subtitles for the additional scenes. This sort of makes sense, because even though they are Italian movies the international cast of actors were often speaking English on set and sometimes the original actor did their own English dubbing, particularly if they were English or American; and fans of the movies want the most complete version. Personally I will often just go to the soundtrack that is ENTIRELY in Italian with English subtitles for the Italian version, and all English for the shorter American version.
with the hope I can get rid of the logo some say when I h ave enough time to learn how to do it.
There are other software options but since you already have Avidemux here is a quick tutorial on how to do it there:
Spoiler:

To delogo a video you must recode it.

1) Open a video in Avidemux.
2) Change the Video Output from "Copy" to your favorite codec. I almost always use "Mpeg4 AVC (x264)" because it is very common. If I use a different one it is because I have decided to match the codec of the source.
3) Click Configure and configure it as you wish. There are multiple options but most of the time if there is no particular problem with the original video encoding then I match the SIZE of the original video. Under "Configuration / General / Rate Control / Encoding Mode" I pick "Video Size Two-Pass" then I move the "Target Video Size" slider underneath to my chosen size. Remember that this is the planned size for just the video; the audio tracks will add more to the size of the total.
4) Leave all the other options on their default values and click OK.
5) Click "Filters" under Video Output. Go to "Sharpness" and select "MPlayer delogo2".
6) Expand the popup window with the video using your mouse to make it as big as you need it.
7) Resize the red rectangle using a mouse or a touchpad so that it surrounds the logo you want to blur out.
8) Click Preview to see what the blurred-out image would look like, and Play to play it without sound. When you are satisfied click OK.
9) When you are back in the Video Filter Manager you can add another delogo if there is more than one logo you want to get rid of. You can also right-click the delogo under the "Active filters" column to "Make partial" if you only need to get rid of a logo for a select time period, such as the first 5 minutes of a movie.
10) You can also add other filtering options, because you really only want to recode a video ONCE and not multiple times. Of course with an underpowered system like mine Avidemux will crash with too many filters. I pick what I want to do very carefully.
11) This gives you the option to Preview ALL your filters and see what they will look like all together. Click Close when you are done.
12) Leave "Audio Output" on "Copy" if you are satisfied with the audio, or change to another codec and configure if you need to do that.
13) I almost always leave "Output Format" on "Mkv Muxer" because I like MKVs.
14) Choose File/Save or click the diskette icon to Save Video. Give it a name and save location and Save.
15) Go away for some hours while it processes. Don't overload your computer by doing other things on it at the same time. It will give running time estimates for completion. More powerful computers will go faster than mine! I have Windows 8.1 on a small laptop, which should give you some idea of its age and power.

I figured this out just by using Avidemux and clicking the options. I don't think I read a tutorial. Just try it on a small video you want to delogo so you can see your final results in a relatively short period of time. I suggest you do only the delogoing and not the other filtering options on your first try, so you learn that part of the process. On other videos you can add more options.

There is other software that delogos and may very well do it better. This is the one where I bothered to figure out HOW to do it.
user123

Night457 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:03 am I know I am going to hell anyway, so I will just be bad some of the time anyway.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Night457 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:03 am Uh oh, that would not have worked for me here. Audacity can import and edit multiple audio tracks, which is why I used it.
Sorry I was not clear, you can import and mess around with as many audio and video tracks as you want. But you can only output (render) one a/v. You can import a DVB-T recording with 3 audio tracks (Stereo, AC-3 5.1, Original Language) and see them all, but once you render the cut video only one "survives". This is a huge problem, not for this task or for most recordings I edited, but for those that had more than one audio track/language I don't want to trash it... :-(

Night457 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:03 am There are other software options but since you already have Avidemux here is a quick tutorial on how to do it there:
Thank you very much :) What I meant is not to just blur out the logo but to use a second movie/video track to make it disappear completely by merging both videos. Example: These two videos have both a TV logo, actually from the same channel, but located at different places. Since they both have the same length and even resolution, using both videos it is possible to remove the logo without blurring but using the background of one video to cover the logo of the other one

https://ulozto.net/file/f3C3uDqsyHAC/zl ... i-1979-mkv
https://ulozto.net/file/oSgdOWpf9H9K/zlati-uhori-mp4

I'm not sure if I explain correctly what I mean :lol: Anyway, it's the reason I keep multiple copies, specially of movies where the only 1080p version has TV logo and everything else has DVD resolution or even less (but it's obviously something with low priority)
DreamScape

Post by DreamScape »   2 likes

There was someone on TNT who knew how to do that.
https://the.nextthing.club/showthread.p ... 6#pid65596

I also keep two versions of logo'ed movies hoping to one day learn the trick ;)