[REL] Väärät juuret (2009)

pillowbaker

Re: [REL] Väärät juuret (2009)

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

but where I am we are well underway to being bombarded with false holiday cheer, including in movies. Movies with a more melancholy tone dealing with real problems (even non-holiday movies) instantly become more appealing to me.
I am right here with you on this one. It does feel like the holiday movies being churned out right now are neither reflecting or evoking any holiday spirit, at least from me. It's as if they were filmed several months ago anticipating a lighter mood during release time. At least, where I'm at, my interpretation of the general surrounding feeling regarding the matter is, "well, let's just get through this." As Beavis and Butt-Head put it, bumhug!

Thanks for the recommendation for a movie dealing with more bleak, lifelike issues. And thanks for the upgraded quality and fixed ratio, ghost!

(edit: Night, I hope your emule and internet speed issues get resolved. I recently had the same issue myself where I had the odd feeling I wasn't being allowed to upload anymore. Fortunately things cleared up, I think.)
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Wow, that upscale quality is dramatic! Your AI software is pretty sweet. Thanks!

I don't want to give the impression that the film is relentlessly depressing, there is still room in it for love and hope.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Wow, that upscale quality is dramatic!
Well, let's say it looks "okay". This 500 MB file was just compressed to much too get back lost details.
I don't want to give the impression that the film is relentlessly depressing, there is still room in it for love and hope.
I watched it yesterday. I didn't find it depressive at all. I like this style of movies and I like especially finish movies. They really know how to to it. The younger (adoptive) daughter could have a little more screentime.