[REL] Hilito de sangre, Un (1995) [Mexico]

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Hilito de sangre, Un (1995) [Mexico]

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

ferdi111 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:25 pm Update: Tried and they are out of sync, seems to be two different cuts
Update: It goes out of sync from line 383 and then again from 392
Thank you for the resync, ferdi!!!

After I was last in this thread I could not bear to torture myself any longer with the subtitles, but I was still curious so I DID download a shorter version (1:13:52) and compare it with simulaneous playback of the longer (1:16:25) version. I reached the same conclusions that you did: deadman's version is longer because it is uncut, and the subtitles are taken from the shorter censored version. When I looked up what "line 383" was, that was the same place that I found the two videos out of sync. At that point I stopped and went to FLM and found your subtitles. I compared your revised subtitles with my longer file, and it looks alright to me! And I notice you included the final subtitle line, which had been missing.

I hope deadman did not put too much simultaneous work into it while you were also figuring it out.

P.S.: For the.nextthing.club members, the DVD there is the shorter censored version.
ferdi111

Post by ferdi111 »   0 likes

The lines are still appearing half a second early or late so timing is far from ideal
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:41 amI reached the same conclusions that you did: deadman's version is longer because it is uncut, and the subtitles are taken from the shorter censored version. When I looked up what "line 383" was, that was the same place that I found the two videos out of sync. At that point I stopped and went to FLM and found your subtitles. I compared your revised subtitles with my longer file, and it looks alright to me! And I notice you included the final subtitle line, which had been missing.

I hope deadman did not put too much simultaneous work into it while you were also figuring it out.

No, I figured it out. For example they skipped past almost that entire explicit scene between Leon and the prostitute. That caused an abrupt change in sync for all captions going forward. The timing is a little off throughout the movie but not that much. The question is, do we still try to correct them all or is the revised version we have good enough?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

deadman wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:30 amThe timing is a little off throughout the movie but not that much. The question is, do we still try to correct them all or is the revised version we have good enough?
Well, I did not actually sit down and watch the movie, but I took ferdi's subs and spot-checked them against the Waveform in SubtitleEdit. They were much, much better than my previous catastrophic efforts that prompted my rage quit.

I could find many spots where the subtitle was a little late in starting but still onscreen during the dialog, many where it was exactly right, and only a few where it was early. This was complicated by a noisy waveform (music or background noise) and quiet or distant dialog in some parts.

Overall, it is GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME. I don't think I will get confused by who says what. If someone REALLY wants to go through and readjust each subtitle individually against the Waveform they CAN, but I do not think it is necessary. That is a job for someone who thrives on detailed but tedious and repetitive work. Like me, after 8 cups of coffee and 6 donuts. I don't have any plans for that any time soon.
ferdi111

Post by ferdi111 »   0 likes

That cansored brothel scene was strange,,, They both had their undierpants and he only pinched the girl
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:57 am That is a job for someone who thrives on detailed but tedious and repetitive work. Like me, after 8 cups of coffee and 6 donuts.
:arrow: me :geek:

deadman, even considering the general consensus, I am still willing to go through and fix those areas that are just a smidge too late if you want the help. And I only take about a third the amount of coffee Night likes. I might have to turn the donuts into a Semmelauflauf. I completely understand if you're done with it at this point. It will certainly take enough time that some may have lost interest by the time I'm done. Oh but the work sounds like a great time!
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

I made a 720p upscale from the DVDrip if anyone wants me to post it. Was shocked that the DVD was only 2.5gb, the studio didn't even bother to fill the 4.3gb of a single sided DVD which is just lazy encoding and stupid as there's no cost difference between filling 0.1 or 4.3gb of a DVD! You still got to press a single sided DVD!
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:12 am :arrow: me :geek:

deadman, even considering the general consensus, I am still willing to go through and fix those areas that are just a smidge too late if you want the help. And I only take about a third the amount of coffee Night likes. I might have to turn the donuts into a Semmelauflauf. I completely understand if you're done with it at this point. It will certainly take enough time that some may have lost interest by the time I'm done. Oh but the work sounds like a great time!

If you don't mind doing it, that would be great. I'll eventually re-release this disc with better subtitles. If you can improve on the adjusted version we have now I will wait though.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Already started. As I go along, I will try to discover areas that will be a one-time fix solution. And you guys were right, this looks like it will take me a bit of time. Shall we take a look at David's upscale too? I'm interested in seeing it at least, David.
David32441

Post by David32441 »   1 likes

No subtitle was longer than 3 seconds. There was a scene around the 9 minute mark where some double lines were therefore dissapearing too fast.
So I did a quick fix in Subtitle Edit to fix that. Made any that were 3 seconds and looked long 4-6 seconds long (as long as they didn't overlap the line after).
Generally needs a proper fix. 1 line of 1 word also had a 3 second length!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.