[REL] Hilito de sangre, Un (1995) [Mexico]

David32441

Re: [REL] Hilito de sangre, Un (1995) [Mexico]

Post by David32441 »   2 likes

Made a 720p Topaz upscale of the DVD to make it easier to play this with the SRT file. Thought i'd share... 1.62gb
The film was only formatted in 4:3 ratio - I've done no cropping.
I muxed in the SRT file (and the version with the corrections to the ones that ran too short) - thanks to the original subber!

450mb each apart from the last one
https://mega.nz/file/sJwxyATB#GC8c_2GTU ... T50ZPJI3LQ
https://mega.nz/file/oNZzBYAa#Wx8bukV28 ... 2XD2F8PcJk
https://mega.nz/file/9YhngDSb#nHCJc34iz ... OqYtr5ID_8
https://mega.nz/file/MARx2SLD#eiNkNuE7e ... _XURUqMN9s
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   24 likes

Thank you David!

Now that at least 6 people discovered and are downloading your file from my eMule shared folder, I guess it is reasonable that I give it an official Release.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.55 Gb]
ferdi111

Post by ferdi111 »   0 likes

I suppose that those max 3 sec lines and other things with timings... some crappy subtitle ripping software can do such things
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

ferdi111 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:09 pm I suppose that those max 3 sec lines and other things with timings... some crappy subtitle ripping software can do such things
I guess it was a audio -> subtitle software that caused this and the timing issues with the files. But anything is better than nothing!
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

So I've been timing the subs to David's upscale assuming it was the same file length as deadman's iso release. But the upscale is 5 seconds longer. No biggie. Now, I am having trouble properly adding subs to an iso file. I can force add it into SubtitleEdit, but it doesn't like the file format as much and it stalls and possibly doesn't support waveform mode. Anyone have any ideas around this?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

That is strange about the runtime. I made an MKV (using MakeMKV) from deadman's ISO and reported it as 1 h 16 min 25 s 113 ms. I see now that playing the ISO, it IS indeed a little shorter -- and not just because of crud after the movie is over in other versions. (Oops. :oops: ) The timing of dialog is indeed a little different. I do not understand why the ISO and the MKV are that little bit different.

Ferdi111 chose to "download smaller rip with similar length from BK" to make his subtitles. David's edit of the subtitles are the same runtime as ferdi's. David was talking about converting from ISO to MKV in his posts, so he probably did his Upscale from an MKV. The subtitles fit that runtime.
pillowbaker wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:07 amNow, I am having trouble properly adding subs to an iso file. I can force add it into SubtitleEdit, but it doesn't like the file format as much and it stalls and possibly doesn't support waveform mode. Anyone have any ideas around this?
I don't understand why it is not working for you. Playing the ISO in VLC, I go to "Subtitle / Add Subtitle File..." and select an external subtitle file. It then plays it with the video. With the SRT named the same as the ISO, I open the SRT in Subtitle Edit. Then I click on Waveform and wait for it to load; it usually takes awhile for me. After ~2 minutes of loading I can see the Waveform and do my subtitle adjustments.

A little bit ago there was a post at FLM about changing "Subtitle Edit / Options / Settings / Video player" and I think I remember you participating in it. Maybe your chosen Video player doesn't like ISOs? I have not changed mine from "mpv". Or maybe there is something odd in your "Settings / Waveform"? Again, there I have not changed the default settings either.
pillowbaker

Thank you for the ideas, Night.

Night457 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:56 am ...
With the SRT named the same as the ISO, I open the SRT in Subtitle Edit. Then I click on Waveform and wait for it to load; it usually takes awhile for me. After ~2 minutes of loading I can see the Waveform and do my subtitle adjustments.
That's how I started as well. Loaded "Un Hilito de Sangre (1995).NTSC.DVD.srt" into Subtitle Edit. The iso is the same name, but with .iso, of course. It, however, doesn't auto-load the video file. So I click on the video section and it pops up a window to "add video file".

[Image]

As you can see, it wants the usual video file types: avi, mvk, mp4, etc. Selecting "All files" allows me to load the iso, but it plays it like you just loaded it into vlc, starting with the menu. The "mpv" player does not allow me to go beyond this point, it is stuck at the 40 second menu loop. Clicking the screen pauses/plays the video. With the integrated vlc player, it allows me to click the start movie "Comenzar" option to being playing the movie. But navigating is slow and choppy, and the waveform refuses to load properly for it.

[Image]

I've tried using both mpv and the integrated vlc player. I suppose all I really need to do is get the waveform running. It works perfect when I have any other media file type.

[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

AAAAAAAAGHHH!!! :wall :icon_sorry
I apologize, I screwed up. I tried it again and encountered most of the same problems. I remembered that I did have to "add video file", but when I did it this time I made sure to load the ISO. Apparently last time I loaded my MKV instead, so no wonder I had no problems.

This time I also had to change the video player to VLC like you did, then I could play the video from the DVD menu. And like you did, I found that "navigating is slow and choppy".

HOWEVER, when I clicked on the Waveform window to load the waveform, it DID load (slowly) like it normally does for me. I then had to play the video from the DVD menu like I had before. Then I could pause it and jump around the different subtitles to their position in the file, but the playback was still slow and choppy. At this point I ought to be able to resync it, but perhaps there is different subtitle software that works better with ISOs.

This sounds like a question for deadman, who I know not only syncs external subtitles to an ISO but also remuxes the fixed subtitles into a new ISO.

EDIT: I went ahead and tried to resync the subtitle to the ISO. The ISO seems to have the same start point as David's subtitle does, but a different end point. When I got it so it seemed correct, it STILL did not play back correctly in VLC with the ISO. I give up. This is why I always convert ISOs to MKVs, because they are easier to handle. Still, it SHOULD be possible to do this!
pillowbaker

No problem. I am just happy enough it isn't completely something wrong or unique on my end.

It should work correctly if I make an mkv out of the movie portion of deadman's iso? And I do that with makemkv?

EDIT:

Hold up! I just made the ISO into an MKV with makemkv. It worked great, but the resulting file comes out 5 seconds longer, the same as the upscale! It even recognizes the movie length as 1:16:20 in the log, but churns out a file of 1:16:25, and it does it every time. Anyone know what is going on?
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:18 amThis sounds like a question for deadman, who I know not only syncs external subtitles to an ISO but also remuxes the fixed subtitles into a new ISO.

EDIT: I went ahead and tried to resync the subtitle to the ISO. The ISO seems to have the same start point as David's subtitle does, but a different end point. When I got it so it seemed correct, it STILL did not play back correctly in VLC with the ISO. I give up. This is why I always convert ISOs to MKVs, because they are easier to handle. Still, it SHOULD be possible to do this!

There's something unusual about this disc. I extracted the .vob as a single file to my hard drive and the resynced .srt fit perfectly, but when I reauthored that .vob into a disc the subtitles were always out of sync. I haven't been able to figure out why this is the case. My usual procedure is to use MuxMan to author the DVD files and VOB Blanker to substitute them for the main movie on the original disc - but even using alternative software the problem persisted.

Finally I just decided to compensate for the screwed up timing on the DVD with two point resynchronization. You pick two timecodes, preferably one near the beginning and one near the end of the movie, and set them manually. The software then figures out how to correct the timing of all the others based on the two you determined.

It worked. I managed to reauthor the DVD and have the subtitles line up with the dialogue from beginning to end. I've posted a new .iso in my original post for those who want it:

https://www.first-loves.com/forums/view ... 38#p105838