Dafne Keen, acrobat, 2020

Post here about any child actresses (or actors) you like!
Night457
Global Moderator

Dafne Keen, acrobat, 2020

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

goku33 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:22 am Regarding Dafne Keen: ...
(she was recently on a Spanish tv show doing acrobatics)
Aha!

I can find movies, I ought to be able to find "Dafne Keen acrobat". :mrgreen:

Age 15:

El Hormiguero is a Spanish television program with a live audience. The talk show features comedy, science, and interviews with world celebrities.
El hormiguero [TV Series 2006– | 2h]

The Dafne Keen aerial acrobatic routine is also shown here:
https://www.antena3.com/programas/el-ho ... b8f54.html

The above YouTube link had more interview footage BEFORE the acrobatics; the Antena3 link is longer and has more interview footage AFTER the acrobatics.

This link includes all 11 free video clips from the "El Hormiguero" episode with Dafne Keen from 17 November 2020. Most of them are interview and science segments. Dafne is onscreen but not necessarily the focus of all of them. They are in Spanish without subtitles and total almost 56 minutes.
https://www.antena3.com/temas/dafne_keen-1

The entire episode is available to paid Premium ATRESplayer subscribers.
Sully23

Re: Dafne Keen, acrobat, 2020

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

I thought she didn't speak Spanish
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

You thought wrong! She spoke it in "Logan", right?

Her father is a British actor, her mother a Spanish actress. Dafne was born and raised in Spain. She is fluent in both languages.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:31 am You thought wrong! She spoke it in "Logan", right?

Her father is a British actor, her mother a Spanish actress. Dafne was born and raised in Spain. She is fluent in both languages.
At first I thought she was American with Mexican roots and since many only speak English like Selena Gomez her Spanish is basic or Christina Aguilera only prefers English.

I remember in Logan in the discussion I thought that Dafne only said memorized lines.
Night457
Global Moderator

Not an American actress, so at least she did not grow up in Hollywood, even if she has worked there! :) I am sure she could fake an American accent as needed, since it seems most Brit actors can. It has been awhile since I watched any behind-the-scenes extras for Logan (getting on 6 years now) but I remember that the scene where she finally talks is the one that was used for her audition. Dafne improvised that scene with Hugh Jackman and addressed him in Spanish, rather than simply following the script she was given. With both her parents being actors and her personal acting teachers, you can be sure they had coached her on how to stand out from the crowd and win an audition, having had plenty of experience with auditions themselves. I have to assume this was planned by her and her coaches beforehand, rather than a sudden impulse.

Of course actors memorize lines because that is their job, but in this case it was still memorization of Spanish she knew, and not just learning it phonetically. I readily admit that I am not qualified to judge Spanish proficiency or accents, but when she finally cuts loose and angrily berates Logan she seems to speak awfully rapidly if she was simply memorizing Spanish phonetically.
[WARNING: some profanity. Logan has a potty mouth.]

Since this reminded me of it, the audition (working from an earlier script):

And just for fun, the scene from the movie where she gets shot through the chest with a harpoon gun. It does not have much dialog, though.
[WARNING: mild violence.]
Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   1 likes

Here are some images from the Berlinale Premiere of Logan. Sadly I missed the screening with the stars, but I saw it at the last day of this event. At Logan she was such a little beauty.

This Portrait Image was for the Berlinale Palast, the main place for the movies of the competition and berlinale special (not in competiton)
2017-02-17-9963-2807-dafne-keen_ORG.jpeg
Here you can see the signing
dane keen signatur.jpeg
And one image from inside the Berlinale Palast
dafne keen.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

After it was over, I would have shoved people aside and grabbed that signed photo! Back then I could have probably still outrun the security guards too.

(Dafne's photo that is. I suppose I could have snagged Hugh's photo and sold it.)
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:57 pm Not an American actress, so at least she did not grow up in Hollywood,
Even if she was born in America, it does not guarantee her direct link with Hollywood and it is not easy, I remember Helena Henzel, maybe someone discovered her watching her performance, she has the same name as Dafne Fernandez, I wonder if she would have chosen Spain or the UK, maybe she would show more talent from what he has shown and only in FLM we would give him fame but he chose hollywood and I am glad that he is the unrecognized daughter of Wolverine. 8-)
Night457
Global Moderator

Certainly American actresses can be discovered outside of Hollywood, but that is the moviemaking capital of the country still, so that is probably where they ultimately end up. I'm just saying that actresses are safer from being processed like cheese through the Los Angeles sleaze if they are living in an entirely different country! They can come to Hollyweird to work and then go back to someplace safe to live. And do TV shows for BBC.

Like most of the world I first saw Dafne in "Logan" and adore her in it. I took a real "risk" watching it in the first place because I am normally bored with superhero movies, but this one sounded like something appealing and I thought I might actually like it. Wow. I have never been so happy to be right about a movie.
Sully23 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:04 pm I remember Helena Henzel
Who is that? I can't find an actress by that name in IMDB. Do you have the right name?

... maybe Helena Zengel?
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:59 pm
Sully23 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:04 pm I remember Helena Henzel
Who is that? I can't find an actress by that name in IMDB. Do you have the right name?

... maybe Helena Zengel?
I was going to tell a joke about Zengel, the same one who acted with Tom Hanks, but I didn't say it because it didn't seem relevant to me.

"Helena Zengel made her way to Hollywood thanks to her scene when she peed in the hallway of her school"