What is the longest you ever had to wait for a download to finish? UPDATE It's been 310 days. Spoiler ALERT

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.

What was the longest you waited?

less than 1 month
15%
less than 2 months
8%
less than 3 months
8%
less than 6 months
8%
less than 9 months
No votes
less than 12 months
No votes
less than 18 months
15%
less than 24 months
8%
less than 30 months
No votes
less than 36 months
38%

Total votes: 13
Sully23

Re: What is the longest you ever had to wait for a download to finish?

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

:think :think :think :naughty :naughty :naughty
The data is incorrect, I don't see Maribel Verdu, 14yr old It is possible that her 1991 film makes her look adult but in reality it was filmed 5 years earlier and that is why the year of release of the film is not equivalent to the age of the actresses, Dakota Fanning was 13 years old when Houndog was released ( does not belong to this topic) but on the screen it is younger which suggests it was filmed 2 or 3 years earlier, some actresses are said to be 13yr old and they do not match, clearly the scene of Dafne Fernandez looking in the mirror is proof of this.
Sully23

ArtasKo wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:03 am
Triela wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:52 am Monika Biciunaite, 12 y 03 m 09 d RD
Monika Bičiūnaitė (in lithuanian) was born 16 June 1969.
Her first film role in '' (1997)
About what movie You have in mind when she was 12 Years Old ?
The fact is that the actress referred to is not accredited and her real name is unknown and she is only known as 'girl'.
Infinity

Post by Infinity »   0 likes

Probably less than two months! I'm not the most hardcore downloader though. :D
[Image]
Kym Karath is pretty stinkin' cute, read about my favourite 1960s child actress!
Triela

Post by Triela »   0 likes

Thanks for catching that! My bad. Sensitive content lists the movie as OT, but indeed, they say it\s an unnamed actress. it doesn't say it was Bicunaite. Perhaps it was the girl who played her younger self?
Triela

Sully23 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:11 pm :think :think :think :naughty :naughty :naughty
The data is incorrect, I don't see Maribel Verdu, 14yr old
That's because this is a list of one time [N]OT actresses, Maribel Verdu is a 'threefer': she has had not one, not two, but THREE (N)OT roles before the ripe old age of 17 (but well after the age of 13...... :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen:
For El orden cómico (1986) and 27 horas (1986) she's apparently not [N]OT .... I read somewhere that her nOT scene got edited out. :(

That list was just one-timers, but I've verified 58 actresses with 165 different movies who had more than one [N]OT role. There are even more, according to sources, but I can't vouch for those.

Those 3 roles didn't seem to bother Maribel, when she was 18+, she had 26 other roles, played like "Eva in the Garden of Eden" .... (See Angyali üdvözlet (1984) for a more exact description... )
Triela

UPDATE It's been 178 days! Re: longest you ever had to wait for a download

Triela wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:25 am I am now downloading a non-OT movie, (so, nót a (N)OT-movie ....) called L'étrange château du docteur Lerne (1983), the most interesting actress in that is Anaïs Jeanneret, who might've been underage in that one.
I've added that one on 6-dec-2022, 3PM. So, it's four months and four days and counting. I'm now at 72,3%, but since the file has been consistently blue, I am still hopeful....

So, what was the longest you ever waited for a download to finish.... which actually finished?
I'm not talking about those that never finished and you eventually deleted....
Update: It's 2 juin 2023, 11:16 :icon_waiting .... I am at 87,4%.... :icon_waiting Yep, that's 15,1% in 54 days since I first posted about this .... aaaaargh!!! or 0,279% per dáy .... the first stretch was with the neck-break speed of 0.583% uh day :wall :wall :icon_evil2 ..... It's still blue now, but I've had a period when it was red ... :baaa :icon_frown2 ... still, I'm stupidly stubborn and didn't wanna give up on it.... :twisted: ... my pack-rat mentality (disorder?) doesn't allow for that :roll: :cry: :lol: :D ... in the last week it improved several tenths of percentages!!! .... :D :D :D

If only there was a method to preview móre than just the first 32 and the last 75 seconds of it...

For those of of us who are of the adding :wall and subtracting :roll: persuasion: It's been 178 days, almost half a year....
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: UPDATE It's been 178 days! Re: longest you ever had to wait for a download

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Triela wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:58 am... still, I'm stupidly stubborn and didn't wanna give up on it...
But the question is, are you REALLY interested in the movie, or just aggravated that it is so difficult to get it? I know that I have to admit that there are so many movies that are easy to get that I never get around to actually watching, but that just might be me. It is surely exasperating for you to get such a tiny bit at a time rather than have it be definitively dead.

Rather low quality, but it is streaming in the original French here:
https://ok.ru/video/1527715662361
Sully23

Re: What is the longest you ever had to wait for a download to finish? UPDATE It's been 178 days!

I was obsessed with the old episodes of Wifina and even so it's been 4 years and nothing in fact released a remake but they are less interesting
mimzy

Re: What is the longest you ever had to wait for a download to finish? UPDATE It's been 178 days!

Post by mimzy »   0 likes

Triela wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:25 am I am now downloading a non-OT movie, (so, nót a (N)OT-movie ....) called L'étrange château du docteur Lerne (1983), the most interesting actress in that is Anaïs Jeanneret, who might've been underage in that one.
I've added that one on 6-dec-2022, 3PM. So, it's four months and four days and counting. I'm now at 72,3%, but since the file has been consistently blue, I am still hopeful....
Is it shared by RealM by any chance? That user drives me crazy with his super long queue and super low upload speed. I think in one case I waited for at least a year until the file was at 99% and the he unshared it :wall

Mostly I'm just too lazy to clean up incomplete downloads and some of them do complete after years. The oldest incomplete download in my queue is from 2014 :mrgreen:
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

2014?!!!??? I guess I am just a great big QUITTER. Just like I keep an Empty Inbox, I prefer to keep my eMule Transfers Downloading pared down.

RealM, oh yes, the user always in demand!