RARBG torrents shuts down

All hardware and software related discussion topics here. Advice, discussion and opinions on either topic are welcome.
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: RARBG torrents shuts down

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

You did not do anything wrong but that is a proxy / mirror site. Your new torrent example is from May 28, three days before the shutdown. And none of them are named RARBG, but R4RBG and RBG. I am not going to look into the XXX movies.

There will still be new torrents available on other sites, publicly and outside the Scene, just probably not as well organized as RARBG. Goku's post shows that the old torrents may still be readily available ... depending on seeders, as always. I myself have not even gotten close to trying to download even ONE million of them, so maybe that will keep me busy.

Another proxy is rargb.to, which is NOT the same as rarbg.to, although it steals the appearance of course. And the original domain should become available for sale, since no one will be using it.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks for making that clear, Night.

So RARBG really went down. :(
Night457
Global Moderator

Yay, YTS?
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:19 pm Thanks for making that clear, Night.

So RARBG really went down. :(
For now if you want to search through the 3,4 million magnet links dump fans have done, you can use this: https://rdavydov.github.io/rarbg-dump/

Although it seems to have only the movies..
Night457
Global Moderator

Dammit! I had been relying on RARBG for the occasional old TV shows, too.
goku33

Night457 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:59 pm Dammit! I had been relying on RARBG for the occasional old TV shows, too.
I‘m sure future search options / data dumps will include these.

As always, Usenet is obviously a great alternative to torrents. Basically got all mainstream releases and often perfect for big BluRay remuxes.
Triela

Post by Triela »   0 likes

goku33 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:08 pm
Night457 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:59 pm Dammit! I had been relying on RARBG for the occasional old TV shows, too.

As always, Usenet is obviously a great alternative to torrents. Basically got all mainstream releases and often perfect for big BluRay remuxes.
If you could render Usenet services to the honorable members of this augustine panel, that would be great ... :? :? 8-) ;) ;) ;) ;)
goku33

Triela wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:43 pm
goku33 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:08 pm

If you could render Usenet services to the honorable members of this augustine panel, that would be great ... :? :? 8-) ;) ;) ;) ;)
What do you mean?
Night457
Global Moderator

I have been using YTS.mx to browse new torrent releases. Can anyone suggest another free site that allows such browsing? Most free sites I know only allow targeted searching. Sometimes I need someone else to inspire me.

Just today I have discovered and been annoyed that YTS is selling advertising space to Netflix, and both my adblockers are failing to block it!!!! YTS surely steals content from Netflix in order to pirate it, so why would Netflix give them ad money? That is ridiculous and offensive!! I would never give a dime to Netflix anyway, so I don't want to see their ads! "Don't torrent, pay us instead." Bah!
goku33

Post by goku33 »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:33 am I have been using YTS.mx to browse new torrent releases. Can anyone suggest another free site that allows such browsing? Most free sites I know only allow targeted searching. Sometimes I need someone else to inspire me.

Just today I have discovered and been annoyed that YTS is selling advertising space to Netflix, and both my adblockers are failing to block it!!!! YTS surely steals content from Netflix in order to pirate it, so why would Netflix give them ad money? That is ridiculous and offensive!! I would never give a dime to Netflix anyway, so I don't want to see their ads! "Don't torrent, pay us instead." Bah!
Yts.mx might be nice for simply discovering new stuff, their actual releases are low quality like YIFY back in the day as far as I know.

Torrentgalaxy.to mostly has mainstream stuff, not so much smaller, more rare independent films.

IMDB lists can sometimes be useful to find interesting films as well.

To block those ads you might want try enabling/adding additional Adblock filter lists to your adblocker (I hope it’s uBlock Origin). It none of these lists include this Netflix ad, you should try uBlock Origin‘s „Element picking“ feature with which you can create own Adblock filters and basically remove any ad, image, layout or ELEMENT on any website. Just do a Right mouse click on any site and choose „pick element“ or do it like in this Tutorial: oder https://invidious.io.lol/watch?v=S-7IqOHa3RA