[REL] Ben Loke'ah Bat AKA Boy Takes Girl (1982) [Israel]

pillowbaker

Re: [REL] Ben Loke'ah Bat AKA Boy Takes Girl (1982) [Israel]

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

I'm curious, sorry if this is off topic a bit. I see some mentions on the board about wrong frame rates that come about during ripping/encoding, leading me to assume there's more to making a higher quality video file than giving a higher resolution and video bitrate. What's going on here with a 30fps vs another fps? And how do you avoid making the same mistake?
pistachio

Post by pistachio »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote:I'm curious, sorry if this is off topic a bit. I see some mentions on the board about wrong frame rates that come about during ripping/encoding, leading me to assume there's more to making a higher quality video file than giving a higher resolution and video bitrate. What's going on here with a 30fps vs another fps? And how do you avoid making the same mistake?
It's as simple as using the original frame rate when rendering a video. I guess some people don't realize when reencoding that their settings don't match.

Unless you're adding frames with AI. But that's something else.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Thanks for that fast reply, pistachio! What happens to the video itself when improper frame rate is the wrong one encoded into the file?

By the way, thank you ghost for the upgraded video quality here. I am gonna try your file!
pistachio

Post by pistachio »   0 likes

Yes. I've been enjoying a lot of these upscales ('specially Wrony). Thanks ghost. <3
Last edited by pistachio on Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
deadman

Post by deadman »   3 likes

pillowbaker wrote:Thanks for that fast reply, pistachio! What happens to the video itself when improper frame rate is the wrong one encoded into the file?
Think of it this way. Suppose the original source has a framerate of 24 fps. If you rip it at 48 fps, all the program does is double up each frame and play the video at twice the original speed. The result looks the same. But if you rip it with a framerate of, say, 30 fps, only 6 additional frames can be added total (per second). So one out of every four gets doubled, the rest stay single. That barely detectable hesitation at each doubled frame results in a slightly glitchy looking, jerky video that can be maddening to watch.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   61 likes

Well explained, deadman. ;)

I found the source of the 1080p Web-Rip: https://jfc.org.il/movie/47432-2/ ...and somehow, I managed to get the movie! :P

I seems that they made it from the old original film material. It has a lot of scratches in the picture, but it's "real" HD with better colors. The audio is hebrew (I never liked this silly English dubbing).

Some stills:

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.64 Gb]

Matching English subtitles:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [70.2 Kb]
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   2 likes

yeah that's very well explained, would you believe I even got this on 29,97 versus a 30 fps? The simple explanation would be at every final frames I would get a hiccup of (almost) 1 frame - huh, you would see a scene not completing every second..Unless you'd approach that with dividing every scene by more particles and dividing it with relative information.. that's not how that works. Of course there are ways of dealing with that. Adobe Premiere can do that, as well as Davinci Resolve, but that can turn fruit into vegetables!

Don't go quietly into the night.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   2 likes

Thank you deadman, ghost and popdrome for taking the time to explain this to me (even if dividing particles and relative information may go over my head at first). I wonder if this was what causes the the occasional screen tearing that I would see on some of the older streams of SD material on a streaming service. It was indeed distracting.

Thanks for another edition of the upgrade outta-my-hat, mr. ghost!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Hello, welcome to FLM! We use eMule to share files here. The ed2k links will open in eMule if you have it installed.

https://www.emule-project.com/home/perl ... al.cgi?l=1

Step-by-Step eMule Setup