dark mode FLM?

Having a problem or need a question answered? Request any form of help here, technical or non-technical.
mimzy

Re: dark mode FLM?

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

ghost wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:02 pm P.S.: The smilies look a bit strange. They have some kind of white borders.
Yeah, looks like they haven't shaved for a couple of days :mrgreen:

Well, that's the kind of thing you cannot change with CSS. Either each theme would need an own image set or images would have to be designed to be compatible with multiple themes.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Oh, so that is the coding that Infinity did? Great, thanks Infinity!

:-D :) :wink: :( :-o :shock: :-? 8-) :lol: :-x :-P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :-| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek: :bigups :blush :cool :clap :dance :drool :hand :naughty :naughty :pray :snooty :think :wall :eyecrazy :heart :icon_1dancingban :onfire :thumbsup :321 :alien :all_coholic :angel :argue :baaa :bat_angel :bdaysmile :beammeup :bigcrowd :biggrin :blackey :bomb :borgsmile :color_ :cool1 :crazy :cry :cussing :dontgetit :eh :eusa_boohoo :eusa_doh :eusa_liar :eusa_shhh :eusa_shifty :eusa_silenced :eusa_whistle :evil :facetomato :gmorning :gunsfiring_v1 :huh :icon_1idiot :icon_1roflmao :icon_1whip :icon_alc :icon_att :icon_au :icon_badidea :icon_ban :icon_bath :icon_beergulp :icon_biggrin2 :icon_bis :icon_bounce :icon_box2 :icon_bud :icon_cool2 :icon_cool4 :icon_daz :icon_drinkpepsi :icon_duel :icon_evil2 :icon_flamethrow :icon_frown2 :icon_gattling :icon_gg :icon_ghostbusters :icon_givebeer :icon_gy :icon_hah :icon_hia :icon_hu :icon_hul :icon_idea2 :icon_kewlpics :icon_killcomputer :icon_lol :icon_manual :icon_mf_type :icon_nothatway :icon_nunu :icon_offtopic :icon_old :icon_paranoid :icon_party :icon_penguin :icon_poke :icon_redface :icon_rifle :icon_roll2 :icon_rolleyes :icon_scared :icon_schulz :icon_secret :icon_sleep1 :icon_smoke :icon_sorry :icon_specool :icon_surrender :icon_thk :icon_thumbsup :icon_waiting :icon_wasntme :icon_wink :icon_zap :infinity :inlove :oha :rofl :sleeping :smile-l :sneaky :sneaky1 :whaasup :wow

I see what you two mean. The standard round faces are all bearded, but the more complex emojis all look awesome! And I notice the member avatars look so much better against the dark background!
Night457
Global Moderator

Note: I had to create a new bookmark for the FLM Login screen while it was in the newly-chosen mode for it to go BACK in that mode after I logged out and logged back in. If I used the old bookmark that I made with the old appearance, it went back to the old appearance.

EDIT, LATER: And now the old bookmark returns it to the new appearance. I don't understand why it would suddenly work right now!
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Wow I had no idea changes like this could be made so easily and quickly. New dark theme is quite nice, thank you Infinity and thank you mimzy for implementing it! Good job, bobybrowm for bringing this up!

This makes me curious. I got used to the "old school" style of the prosilver style. It's just so sleek and basic, plain-ass, just like me. And I know it's silly, but I got used to the avatars being on the right side. What kind of work would it take to create a dark theme of the prosilver version? I am willing to do the work, as long as I am smart enough to figure it out.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:58 am What kind of work would it take to create a dark theme of the prosilver version?
Looks like something like that exists already. I'll try to install it next week.

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/prosilver_dark
pillowbaker

Why thank you mimzy. I'll borrow one of these from Night's post above.

:icon_cool4
bobybrown

Post by bobybrown »   0 likes

thank you very much. the link provided by admin works dark mode it goes dark 8-)
Night457
Global Moderator

pillowbaker wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:11 am I'll borrow one of these from Night's post above.

:icon_cool4
Maybe you realize this by now, but there is a "View more smilies" link in the post editing window. They are available to all! :icon_secret
Night457
Global Moderator

bobybrown wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:05 am thank you very much. the link provided by admin works dark mode it goes dark 8-)
I think the idea is that you select the new option "Elegance Dark" in User Control Panel. That way the dark mode will load automatically when you log in.
Night457 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:06 pmClick the icon of a head and shoulders at the top of the page and select "User Control Panel". Then go to "Board preferences" and scroll down to "My board style:". Select a different option and click "Submit".
pillowbaker

Night457 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:48 am I think the idea is that you select the new option "Elegance Dark" in User Control Panel. That way the dark mode will load automatically when you log in.
I hope bobybrown figures this out. I don't think the dark mode link allows you to log in.

edit: my bad. I am so not used to Elegance mode that I didn't even notice that's what it looks like when you're logged in. :icon_1idiot

About the smilies, yeah I know about the many options. But it was nice to have them all laid out in your post. That was the idea, right? I think I'm gonna bookmark that post!