dark mode FLM?

Having a problem or need a question answered? Request any form of help here, technical or non-technical.
bobybrown

Re: dark mode FLM?

Post by bobybrown »   1 likes

as long as url has style=13 in it turns dark so bookmark 2 urls for dark mode and light mode without style=13 to toggle :idea:
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:56 am About the smilies, yeah I know about the many options. But it was nice to have them all laid out in your post. That was the idea, right?
The idea was simply to have them all laid out AND that someone see them while in dark mode. Other than the bearded ones, I think many look much better that way. Of course if someone refuses to even view the dark mode they will not see any difference.

Want a good laugh? I clicked them all individually and did not realize until afterward that I could have selected the whole batch and pasted a whole page at once. :icon_1idiot
bobybrown wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:06 am as long as url has style=13 in it turns dark so bookmark 2 urls for dark mode and light mode without style=13 to toggle :idea:
Alright, I don't have to worry because you were WAY ahead of me! I remember now that you DID say you would like to toggle between the two options rather than have only one mode all the time. Your solution is perfect! :icon_thumbsup
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:00 am The idea was simply to have them all laid out AND that someone see them while in dark mode. Other than the bearded ones, I think many look much better that way.
I found a set of standard smilies for dark mode. Unless they have issues with light mode, they should solve the problem (using a different set of smilies for each theme seems to be not possible). I'll try later.

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... b3_smilies
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

If those are just the ones that need to be changed, it seems right. If it is intended as a complete package set, then they are missing many. I would hate to lose the old guy. :icon_old
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I would hate to lose the old guy. :icon_old
No way! We musn't lose this old guy! :mrgreen:

I can live with the smilies how they are, but is it possible to change the dark blue font on this gif? Maybe to a brighter red?
[Image]

And could we change this red font into a little brighter red?
[Image]
bobybrown

Post by bobybrown »   0 likes

i'm flattered when your sample are my topic :oops:
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

bobybrown wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:16 pm i'm flattered when your sample are my topic :oops:
Pure coincidence. ;)
Quickone

Post by Quickone »   1 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:41 pm
bobybrown wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:29 pm do we have dark mode setting here?
i feel like my eyes used to dark theme desktop hope there is.. :roll:
Here's what my FLM looks like:

[Image]

It isn't FLM dark mode, it's from the Dark Reader Extension. I've been meaning to make a post about this, for people with delicate little eyeballs like my own.

I believe Dark Reader has browser extensions for most major browsers, but I am not sure. Totally worth a try.

It is NOT perfect. All "make internet dark mode" extensions are imperfect. This is just the best one I've seen. One issue is you occasionally get a brief "flash" of the original background color of the website while browsing. But still, it's made a huge improvement to my overall enjoyment of time on the computer.
Been using it for awhile. It's awesome.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   0 likes

mimzy wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:40 am
pillowbaker wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:58 am What kind of work would it take to create a dark theme of the prosilver version?
Looks like something like that exists already. I'll try to install it next week.

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/prosilver_dark
You can try index.php?style=14
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Thank you for the new prosilver implementation, mimzy! It is very pleasant on the eyes and the avatars are located nicely. Is there any way to make the "topic image" static? The images to the left of every topic. They are animated in a manner that makes them look blurry around the edges ever 1.5 seconds. No worries if not! I am happy with any dark mode.