Ulozto ends public file sharing 1 December 2023

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
ferdi111

Re: Ulozto ends public file sharing 1 December 2023

Post by ferdi111 »   0 likes

I have heard that in some Western European countries (France, Germany) is all sort of p2p big no
Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   0 likes

ferdi111 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:45 pm I have heard that in some Western European countries (France, Germany) is all sort of p2p big no
That's not quite right. In Germany, sharing is not prohibited by law, you can use it. You just have to be careful what you share.
The official rule at the moment is that you can load quite "safely", but not distribute. Only those who share may be liable to prosecution.
So if you offer a lot of protected data for sharing, you will be noticed at some point and could receive a letter from a lawyer with a high fine.
However, I am also very convinced that the focus here is more on data that is really new. So current blockbusters, current software, etc. Exotic works such as the majority of those available here are unlikely to be of interest.
What's more, the golden age is probably over here too. I haven't read about any warning letters for ages and the reason for this is probably pretty clear. Streaming is very popular for both films and music and there are more and more subscription models for software. But that's just a personal assessment.

BTW: Ulozto was blocked in Germany.
[Image]
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Yeah, it is becoming increasingly difficult to believe that other filesharing pioneers will pop up and offer new availability for p2p.

As I wrote earlier, I noticed uloz was a haven for Eastern and Central European tv shows and movies. Sooo many shows that had those [ ]1 HD and [ ] 2 HD, kino, nova hd watermarks attached to so many older Czech, Polish, and Russian series. I felt like I barely scratched the surface of what was stored there. I am hoping there will be another way to discover and view some of these shows.

I have also been noticing that solidtorrents is frequently down.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Now that I am using ulozto only for retrieving a handful of "my" files thanks to a dropped hard drive, I find that part of the restriction against public sharing of links includes sharing them with Jdownloader. Fortunately ulozto permits high-speed downloads of my files, just only in the browser while logged in.

EDIT: the limit for the high-speed downloading seems to be 10GB. (Per day? I dunno.) Then it drops to the slow speed.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Let me know if you are missing any files that you think a fellow FLMer may be able to resupply to you. Sorry to hear about that hard drive. Hope your computer problems were resolved smoothly, though.
Night457
Global Moderator

Thank you for the moral support, pillowbaker. :bigups You already helped by providing my FOURTH download of Katie Morag Season 2! (I am still hopeful for Episode 13, now that I have otherwise "finished" it.)

The 3-month-old drive with its 1TB of downloads was destroyed by my butterfingers about a week before the sudden problems with the computer. Naturally I was not going to be redownloading anything permanent until I had external drive space AND a working USB port to access it.

With duct tape and two-by-fours I have the computer working for the moment, billowing out black smoky diesel fumes. I deleted most of the files from an old backup-of-a-backup drive to have external drive space. (And I have to avoid dropping more drives!) I down-ulozed my recent files, re-torrented a TV series, and re-emuled some items. It depends on what I remember that I HAD, as I do not document a drive's contents until it is full.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:34 am Thank you for the moral support, pillowbaker. :bigups You already helped by providing my FOURTH download of Katie Morag Season 2! (I am still hopeful for Episode 13, now that I have otherwise "finished" it.)

The 3-month-old drive with its 1TB of downloads was destroyed by my butterfingers about a week before the sudden problems with the computer. Naturally I was not going to be redownloading anything permanent until I had external drive space AND a working USB port to access it.

With duct tape and two-by-fours I have the computer working for the moment, billowing out black smoky diesel fumes. I deleted most of the files from an old backup-of-a-backup drive to have external drive space. (And I have to avoid dropping more drives!) I down-ulozed my recent files, re-torrented a TV series, and re-emuled some items. It depends on what I remember that I HAD, as I do not document a drive's contents until it is full.
You might want to look into usenet again :D

So much is mirror‘s there.
aliceclub

Post by aliceclub »   0 likes

😆👉🤡, damn I shouldn’t have trusted cloud storage providers so easily.
Night457
Global Moderator

Thank you goku! But really the issue is REMEMBERING what I had, not getting it again.
Spoiler:

I think it was around 300 movies or series, including both watched and unwatched. I could go through the 3 recent months of FLM posts and download that all again, and that would take care of maybe half of what I lost. If someone posts in such a thread, it will certainly bring it to my attention. The other half would have been standard public torrents. If I can not recall my interest in THOSE ones, then it is no big loss. In most cases for those I have seen the movies before and am upgrading from DVD or a VHS rental. Sometimes I find that it is easier to torrent a movie than to move boxes and stacks of stuff to dig out a DVD I know that I have! :lol:

I have 3 older recent drives with 1000+ still-unwatched movies. Dropping drives is just one way of paring down my Watch list, I guess. I will never consistently watch 3-4 movies per day, so clearly I download too much. If I went to Usenet, I would likely just spend more time browsing and downloading and even less time actually watching what I already have. Lately I have been spinning discs --- and then playing those movies another time or two immediately after to make up for the portions I SLEPT through!
Night457
Global Moderator

aliceclub wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:32 pm 😆👉🤡, damn I shouldn’t have trusted cloud storage providers so easily.
Yeah. I don't trust them at all. "My" ulozto files were simply there because I wanted to share them with others. It was convenient that they served as a backup for ME, but I was not expecting or relying on it!