[REL] Der Richter und das Mädchen (1995)

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Der Richter und das Mädchen (1995)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

bonmrmjp wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:14 am Here's a link to subtitles (German and English).
Thank you so very much bonmrmjp!!! I have put off watching this in the hope that subtitles would appear.

Just so you know, you have the option of including subtitles as an Attachment in your post rather than eMuling them if you wish. It is very convenient.
kast1j

Post by kast1j »   0 likes

bonmrmjp wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:14 am Here's a link to subtitles (German and English). These aren't perfect but were generated with Whisper, cleaned up with Subtitle Edit, then machine translated to English, with minor cleanups.
Der Richter und das Mädchen (1995).subs.zip

I'd be especially curious if any German speakers could comment on the accuracy of the transcription/translations.
Hi, is it possible to get a direct download for the subs please, I don't have emule at the moment and don't want to install it for the sake of 1 small file, many thanks.
bonmrmjp

Post by bonmrmjp »   8 likes

Here's the subtitles as an attachment
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kast1j

Post by kast1j »   0 likes

bonmrmjp wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:53 am Here's the subtitles as an attachment
Thank you so much, really appreciate it
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks for the subs!
then machine translated to English, with minor cleanups.
Why? Whisper can also translate into English in real time. And it's much much much better than Google of DeepL

Code: Select all

!whsiper "filename" --model ... --language German --task translate
bonmrmjp

Post by bonmrmjp »   0 likes

The reason was to get the subtitle timings accurate. It was easier to start with German, and get that right first before translating. It also made it easier to correct Whisper's transcription if I noticed something. I do agree that whisper does better in general than google translate in the actual translation. So in the end it was a bit of a judgement call. I figured the value of having the original German was worth it to do this way. Also, since I know a bit of German it was the more interesting way for me to do it.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Yes, I understand. I just meant, that Whisper is doing a more than 90% pefect translation, even with no grammar mistakes at all.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

ooooh!

Is this Whisper able to translate files that it isn't currently transcribing? Such as previously already transcribed subs?
bonmrmjp

Post by bonmrmjp »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:46 am ooooh!

Is this Whisper able to translate files that it isn't currently transcribing? Such as previously already transcribed subs?
Actually, it can either transcribe or translate audio, it can't do both at the same time. And it doesn't work off of text, only audio.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Awwwww!!! Live translation only, no "translate now" afterwards? I guess it does not want to have people checking the accuracy of its work. "Trust me, I am always correct. I don't need to show my work. Just accept the results." Or have to run it twice, which is what I would end up doing to get two subtitles of different languages.