[REL] The Zone of Interest (2023)

jezevex

[REL] The Zone of Interest (2023)

Post by jezevex »   35 likes

Caleyunior

Re: [REL] The Zone of Interest (2023)

Post by Caleyunior »   0 likes

Auschwitz commandant Rudolf Höss and his wife Hedwig strive to build a dream life for their family in a house and garden beside the camp.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

I heard an article about this movie on the radio the other day. Sounds like it's getting a good amount of attention. One of the main points they were trying to talk about was how the director hinted at the occurrences in the camp beside the family, but without directly showing it, giving the film a unnerving feel.

Thanks for sharing, jezevex.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks, jez. I didn't know that it already has been released for streaming. :shock:

There was a lot talk about this movie in Germany and is it shown in cinema atm. Especially because German actress Sandra Hüller has been nominated in the "Best Actress in a Leading Role" category for her role.

I doubt, if the children have much screen time, but I'll find out. ;)
szijjarto

Post by szijjarto »   0 likes

If you don't know much about the main protagonist and his family's life in the camp, the movie can be a little bit shocking especially due to the soundtrack. But if you are familiar with the story (as I was) it is a little bit dull.
Triela

Post by Triela »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:43 pm German actress Sandra Hüller has been nominated in the "Best Actress in a Leading Role" category for her role.

I doubt, if the children have much screen time, but I'll find out. ;)
Having seen the movie, I can confirm they do not. Also not (N)OT screen time, neo-Hays Code strictly applies :(
ghost wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:43 pm Sandra Hüller (...) nominated
Isn't that for Anatomie d'une chute (2023) ??? N'importe pas,
in Brownian Movement (2010) [Image] she's a spitting image for Michelle Williams (she of Baywatch fame:
[Image]). I thought it wás Williams, plus, I was shocked to learn Hüller was of age in that movie. But then, i'm easily confused :? , and, as they say in my näck'd of the woods, a Humberts hanky is easily filled... ;) ;) :lol: :lol:
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Isn't that for Anatomie d'une chute (2023) ???
Oh! You're right. I've mixed it up.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235823898/