Which films that you love would you like to see remade?

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
lunastar2021

Which films that you love would you like to see remade?

Post by lunastar2021 »   0 likes

Which films that you love would you like to see remade? and who should best play the leading role?
Nasuada

Re: Which films that you love would you like to see remade?

Post by Nasuada »   1 likes

Interesting Idea.

Jurassic Park with the little Dakota Fanning.

I‘m sure I will found more, but it‘s late for me now. I need some sleep ;)
[Image]
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Tideland, more faithful to the book, I would prefer it to be European.

Plenilunio, should return as a miniseries and be more explicit than the original.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   1 likes

Nasuada wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:16 am Interesting Idea.

Jurassic Park with the little Dakota Fanning.

I‘m sure I will found more, but it‘s late for me now. I need some sleep ;)
That would be cool, but I think lunastar2021's question was more geared to us choosing from the crop of up-and-coming young actresses that in recent movies.

As in a remake of ' Árvácska AKA Nobody's Daughter (1976) with either Remi Hilson:

[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
https://kiddancers.miraheze.org/wiki/Remi_Hilson

Charlotte Ann Tucker:

[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

Or Juliette Hawk: (Although she might be getting a tad old for the part..) :think

[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

Yeah, yeah; I KNOW what you think my intentions are.. :shock: But hey; I LOVE the somber, melancholy tone of the movie despite how ultimately depressing the story is.

You gotta admit; at 7 years old, Zsuzsa Czinkóczi had some real chops as a budding, first-time actress. ;)

Anyway, Nasuada, I think that is more along the intentions of lunastar2021's query.. :)

kev.
Sully23

I find it difficult with these actresses. :think :think :think
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:54 am I find it difficult with these actresses. :think :think :think
Well, Sully; once again I think you're the front-runner in our "TRY-TO-MAKE-A-POST-THAT-IS-AS-IRRELVANT-AS-IT-IS-INCOMPREHENSABLE" contest. :roll:

Seriously; I KNOW English is not your native tongue, but please try to make a post worthy of being read...

That being said; I'm thinking you might be trying to say that since these actresses have been primarily involved in the genre of 'Family' movies, it's 'difficult' to see them being allowed to star in a movie like 'Nobody's Daughter'. If it isn't what you mean, it doesn't matter:

The entire premise of this thread is purely hypothetical. A fun romp through one's imagination. :heart

(But seriously, SERIOUSLY: By looks alone; Remi Hilson could absolutely NAIL the part of Csöre!! She just has that 'haunted' look about her.) :heart

((OH! And btw, Sully; your suggestions of 'Tideland' and 'Plenilunio' to be remade are EXCELLENT choices. I agree that if 'Tideland' were a European production they might be a little truer to the text, especially with her nude romp and touchy-feely time with Dickens.. ;)

Not super-sure about stretching 'Plenilunio' out into a series, but hell; if the actress is cute enough and has a good bit of screen time, I'm game!)) :thumbsup

kev.
Sully23

kev wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:41 am
Sully23 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:54 am I find it difficult with these actresses. :think :think :think
Well, Sully; once again I think you're the front-runner in our "TRY-TO-MAKE-A-POST-THAT-IS-AS-IRRELVANT-AS-IT-IS-INCOMPREHENSABLE" contest. :roll:

Seriously; I KNOW English is not your native tongue, but please try to make a post worthy of being read...

That being said; I'm thinking you might be trying to say that since these actresses have been primarily involved in the genre of 'Family' movies, it's 'difficult' to see them being allowed to star in a movie like 'Nobody's Daughter'. If it isn't what you mean, it doesn't matter:

The entire premise of this thread is purely hypothetical. A fun romp through one's imagination. :heart

(But seriously, SERIOUSLY: By looks alone; Remi Hilson could absolutely NAIL the part of Csöre!! She just has that 'haunted' look about her.) :heart

((OH! And btw, Sully; your suggestions of 'Tideland' and 'Plenilunio' to be remade are EXCELLENT choices. I agree that if 'Tideland' were a European production they might be a little truer to the text, especially with her nude romp and touchy-feely time with Dickens.. ;)

Not super-sure about stretching 'Plenilunio' out into a series, but hell; if the actress is cute enough and has a good bit of screen time, I'm game!)) :thumbsup

kev.
Where do I start?
The fact that I don't approve or find it difficult your lists of actresses, is more than obvious, I'd better not go into details, everyone knows what the matter is about, the same with the films but I choose Taxi Driver, the 'jodie foster' would be more adult in a teenage role, the remakes don't surpass the original, like Cider with Rosie.

In Plenilunio, I see it as having the makings of a series, it's like the same plot of True Detective, something like the cop is discovering bodies every chapter and the killer is more mysterious, anyway, the actresses are just morgue figures, for a movie I just hope they don't end up making it with adult actresses in teenage roles.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:03 pm Where do I start?
The fact that I don't approve or find it difficult your lists of actresses, is more than obvious...
Well, that was my problem with your original post; it wasn't that obvious: Because you "..find it difficult with these actresses.." somehow I should understand that to mean 'I [you] don't approve'? I'm kind of more confused than ever. :? What I'm trying to say is that MY point was you didn't take any time to support your statement; you just threw it out there to flounder on it's own, which is why I reacted like I did. You made a negative statement and offered no reasoning behind it. Approve of what? 'What' did you find difficult?

(Again, the premise of this post is completely hypothetical.. An experiment in whimsy...) :P

Everyone has a right to their opinions; IE: 'I don't think the girls fit the role because they're too clean cut'. 'The girls are too modern looking.' 'The girls look too healthy'. 'I find it difficult to envision them in the character of a homeless waif..' ect, ect.. You offered nothing but a negative comment, which, imo, wasn't worth the click to read...

(Not to even mention the fact that I just introduced FLM to 3 VERY cute little actresses that are NOT really well known...) :think

*WHEW* I hope that clears up a little of my original rant... :think :)

Now, (hopefully) moving on... :roll:
Sully23 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:03 pmI choose Taxi Driver, the 'jodie foster' would be more adult in a teenage role, the remakes don't surpass the original, like Cider with Rosie.

In Plenilunio, I see it as having the makings of a series, it's like the same plot of True Detective, something like the cop is discovering bodies every chapter and the killer is more mysterious, anyway, the actresses are just morgue figures, for a movie I just hope they don't end up making it with adult actresses in teenage roles.
Back to the purpose of the thread; you bring up some interesting titles:

*Tideland
*Plenilunio
*Taxi Driver
*Cider With Rosie

The second part of lunastar2021's original post asks "..and who should best play the leading role?"

Who do you think would be good in these roles?

(I'm thinking that Tideland and Taxi Driver would be some REALLY tough shoes to fill as one of MY choices for Taxi Driver has already aged out a year or so ago: Mckenna Grace.. :heart :heart) :think

Anyway Sully, I hope we don't get all 'Hatfields and McCoys' over this. :lol: Whether you like or don't like my choices for 'Nobody's Daughter' isn't all that important. You've started some interesting ideas. Give us some more ideas for young talent that could re-create the characters in the movies you've chosen.. ;)

I'm kind of sad to not see much of a response to what I think is kind of an interesting thread.. :( But, C'est la vie! :P

kev.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Considering Nasuada's idea, which puts the young Dakota Fanning in Jurassic Park, perhaps this could be your own fantasy remake, made with whichever little actress you like, at any age in her career. Quite the stretch now, coming up with ideas. Yeah, it seems a little silly, too, since all bets are off as far as limitations go.

Oooh, but what if! What if they did A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001) with a girl. I have to admit, I am not great at following names and actors/actresses. So I appreciate when kev or Nasuada post about some of their favorites. I might need help figuring one out for my pick, as she would have to have a certain sullenness to her, or be able to achieve it. I did love AnnaSophia Robb and the Saoirse Ronan in their younger roles.
Rhisis66

Post by Rhisis66 »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:23 am Oooh, but what if! What if they did A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001) with a girl. I have to admit, I am not great at following names and actors/actresses. So I appreciate when kev or Nasuada post about some of their favorites. I might need help figuring one out for my pick, as she would have to have a certain sullenness to her, or be able to achieve it. I did love AnnaSophia Robb and the Saoirse Ronan in their younger roles.
that is a wonderful idea, and make me think on this movie :lol: quite similar
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1298554/
[Image]

i love annasphia for that character too.. or michelle trachtenberg :mrgreen:
Spoiler:

[Image]