[REL] Světloplachost aka Photophobia (2023) [Czech Republic, Slovakia, Ukraine]

Any documentaries about children can go here.
jezevex

[REL] Světloplachost aka Photophobia (2023) [Czech Republic, Slovakia, Ukraine]

Post by jezevex »   30 likes

In Ukrainian with hardburned Czech subtitles that maybe could be OCRed and translated into English...

[Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image] [Image]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt28635495/

No RFF entry yet.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.88 Gb]
CineB

Re: [REL] Světloplachost aka Photophobia (2023) [Czech Republic, Slovakia, Ukraine]

Post by CineB »   0 likes

Post edited by Moderator Night457: see my post below.
Spoiler:

Propaganda from the new Nazis? Why is this shit here??
pillowbaker

Re: [REL] Světloplachost aka Photophobia (2023) [Czech Republic, Slovakia, Ukraine]

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Considering the aim of FLM to share film that feature children in main roles, I don't think jezevex's post deserved that.

Thanks for the docu and the recent shares, jezevex. Judging by the screenshots, the two kids seem to have A LOT of screentime.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   4 likes

Please, don't anyone be tempted to start a political discussion here. Save it for the YouTube comments section, which was apparently created for that. You will never change anyone's mind and are likely just to antagonize people. Everyone is perfectly capable of deciding to watch or not to watch whatever movies are available, and they can make up their own minds. Thank you.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Synopsis from IMDB:
12-year-old Niki and 11-year old Vika are hiding from the terrifying war at a Kharkiv metro station. Daylight is synonymous with mortal danger, and they are not allowed to leave, living under the constant glow of their neon lights.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   2 likes

CineB wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:28 am
Spoiler:

Propaganda from the new Nazis? Why is this shit here??
That's pretty damned incendiary, CineB!! I'm going to allow it to stay, as you have been a contributing member and I'm trusting that you are NOT trying to troll FLM, but made your comment in all sincerity.. (If other admin feel differently, please do what you feel is needed to do; I'm probably being too lenient..) :think

Your post was reported by another member who felt you were being extremely unfair to jezevex's release. I have yet to view the film, but from the pictures in jezevex's post, I can tell you EXACTLY why he posted the movie: There's a significant focus on children in this film. In fact, he SHOULD have provided the synopsis given at IMDB:
12-year-old Niki and 11-year old Vika are hiding from the terrifying war at a Kharkiv metro station. Daylight is synonymous with mortal danger, and they are not allowed to leave, living under the constant glow of their neon lights.
That alone is ample reason for the film to be here at FLM.

If you, CineB, are from the part of the world portrayed in this film and you feel it is indeed absolute political propaganda I urge you to PM the admins here and state your case. Please do not engage in further incendiary political rhetoric.

kev.

EDIT:
Seems like Night457 and I were responding to the post at the same time... :lol: Kudos to you Night for being a tad quicker, and I like that you spoiler-ed the original comment! :thumbsup

kev.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Seems like Night457 and I were responding to the post at the same time...
And I'm late. :oops:

But I have nothing to add. Political statements are absolutely unwelcome!!!
CineB

ghost wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:51 pm Political statements are absolutely unwelcome!!!
Absolutely agree. But, in fairness, I must say that this film is not a documentary.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

CineB wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:09 am
ghost wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:51 pm Political statements are absolutely unwelcome!!!
Absolutely agree. But, in fairness, I must say that this film is not a documentary.
Perhaps it isn't. But, 'in fairness' to jezevex; the imdb website, where he got his information from, labels this film as just that: A Documentary. :|

I did partially read a review that stated the director took 'dramatic liberties' to make the film play more like a 'movie' than a documentary.. :think That actually seems to be a trend these days to make docu's more appealing..

Good? Bad? I guess 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'.. :roll:

If it holds your interest and moves you emotionally without veering too far from actual truth, then perhaps it hit it's mark. I, for one, am VERY interested in seeing this film. :)

kev.
CineB

kev wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:25 am
CineB wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:09 am
Perhaps it isn't.
Unfortunately, this is true. This film is a complete theatrical production, if you have enough time and effort you will find reliable information. But only if you really want to, most Internet resources are politicized.
Let's end the discussion here, thank you for your attention.
And jezevex thanks for the release.