[REL] Walkabout (1971)

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Walkabout (1971)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

goku33 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:02 pm I could confuse this with another film but if I remember correctly I contacted the distributor and they said the second sight one isn’t a new transfer?
I THINK that you contacted the distributor of the January 2023 GERMAN release, and that they said IT was not brand new; meaning that it was the SAME as the UK Second Sight release from August 2020, but different from previous versions of 2010/2011/2012.

And the new Criterion should be a 4k UHD release of that transfer from a few years ago, which has only been released on blu-ray previously.
Either way, I’m seeing a 60GB UHD/2160p remix has been realeres by the scene just 10 hours ago.
AWESOME!!! I figured it would not take them long. (The Criterion 4k was officially released September 12th.)
endurro wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:28 pm The film in Criterion distribution starts exactly 34 seconds later than in Second Sight.
So the difference in duration explained.
To be precise, the additional studio labeling in the old Criterion blu-ray is in two different spots at the beginning and adds up to 34 seconds, also taking into the calculation that the post-credit Criterion black screen is one second longer than the post-credit Second Sight black screen. But that was likely more detail than you wanted.

I have to wonder if the "20th Century Fox" fanfare is retained in the new 4k UHD, omitted entirely ... or replaced with Mickey Mouse and Tinkerbell.