[REL] Madita - the series (1979)

pillowbaker

Re: [REL] Madita - the series (1979)

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Lorz wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:01 am Thanks! I actually have some old shows I know myself, that might not be posted here. Maybe I'll see if I can find my old DVD and give everyone here a treat too.
Sounds great! There's a lot of stuff here to look through, so one of the things I looove is a recommendation. And familiarity with emule with come with time. Don't worry if the setup guide looks long at first. Near the end of it, I think, someone posted a more concise/condensed version.'

edit: I guess I should actually look where I am directing people. So, as it turns out, that more concise version (supplied out of the blue by Heyana) I referred to is linked on the very first page of the original setup guide that Night linked.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   3 likes

Lorz wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:01 am Ohhhhh, I never even imagined this show could reach 1080p. I figured it was too old for that.
Back in the olden days, television shows were shot on FILM rather than videotape, so they are the perfect format for 1080p. (It is during the 1980s into the 1990s that they often went the cheaper route.) The episodes I sourced directly from SVTplay (07-10) would be original 1080p mastered from the film source. Some of the ulozto 720p or 1080p files might be upscales from standard def or PAL DVD sources, which can still be a significant upgrade. (I have not examined them all in detail. There are a few FLM members here who often do high quality upscales, with truly astonishing results.) Or they could be sourced the same as the SVT -- I don't know.

The English subtitles I machine-translated from the Swedish and did extensive corrections making use of online dictionaries and other subtitle options. I am not a native Swedish speaker so they do have flaws. They were the first Swedish subtitles I tackled, so I would very likely make different translation choices now. Both are synced to my eMule files. Other download versions of the series may require a resync of the subtitles using SubtitleEdit or similar software.

Click the link to download, and then unzip:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DanBeaker

Post by DanBeaker »   3 likes

(In Droopy-Voice:)
Hello all you happy people.

Back to normal voice:

On my search for the restored and uncut series "Madicken" I came across this thread.
I saw how much work "Night457" puts into this series, so I thought I'd draw your attention to the ZDF media library.

The series "Madita" (the German title of "Madicken") is there until January 14th and it already looks like this version
comes from a newly restored version that was made in Sweden ( because of the "Svens Filmindustrie" Logo at the
beginning and the end of each episode)

The bad thing is, the episodes are not uncut, not in 4:3 (but in 16:9)
and the highest resolution you can get in the media library is 1280x720.
(and of course it is only german language)

The cuts were certainly made by the German TV station (more on that in a moment),
but I don't know whether the station ZDF is also responsible for cropping the picture to 16:9.
But it is at least proof that the series has been newly restored in Sweden and I hope
that this version was made in 4:3.

The cuts that were made to the episodes probably affect all scenes in which the two sisters are naked
– the broadcaster will probably not find that harmless in 2022 and will also cut out the scenes with
naked children in other old films and series.
The old German copies always ran uncut on another station (Pay-TV station "Junior").

Since I didn't have time to compare the uncut and cut versions myself, I read about it in a forum shortly after
the episodes were published in the media library.
It was about the long (more than 2 minutes) cut in the first episode when the two girls are in the meadow
with their parents, running around naked.

I remembered that the beginning of the first movie also had a scene where Madicken and Elisabet
were jumping around naked in the bedroom - so I just checked out episode 7 of the series
- that scene was cut here too.

Since, as I said, I haven't had time to compare the episodes with each other, I can't say if more was cut.
But I suspect that only the scenes where the children can be seen naked were cut.
(And I think those were the only two scenes?)

Enough talking, here are the links to the ten episodes in the ZDF media library.

https://www.zdf.de/serien/madita

https://www.zdf.de/serien/madita/ein-so ... d-104.html

https://www.zdf.de/serien/madita/der-ausflug-100.html

https://www.zdf.de/serien/madita/eine-gute-tat-104.html

https://www.zdf.de/serien/madita/das-ge ... s-100.html

https://www.zdf.de/serien/madita/alle-j ... r-114.html

https://www.zdf.de/serien/madita/die-er ... e-102.html

https://www.zdf.de/serien/madita/walpur ... t-106.html

https://www.zdf.de/serien/madita/die-lause-mia-100.html

https://www.zdf.de/serien/madita/abbe-g ... t-100.html

https://www.zdf.de/serien/madita/eine-e ... n-100.html

You will probably need a VPN for Germany. Then simply copy the links one by one into "Jdownloader"
and expand each episode and select the largest file.

You can also use the "MediathekView" program - after starting it, wait until it has collected
the entire library from German media libraries - and then search for "Madita".

https://www.chip.de/downloads/Mediathek ... 31575.html
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   46 likes

Hi and welcome to FLM!

Thanks for the links in 720p. :P
The bad thing is, the episodes are not uncut
So I won't download them, 'cause I hate any kind of censorship.

I must confess, that I didn't follow this thread during the last months. The versions I have (Blu-ray rips) are uncut and one is even in 1080p (the movies, not the series). It*s in German language and in 16:9. I didn't know that the original was in 4:3. It were really great to get it in HD and uncut. ;)

Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.15 Gb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.52 Gb]
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

I can sort of understand the TV station's decision. Airing the uncut Madita movie in my country a couple of years ago caused a storm of angry parents in the social media. The bluray disc of the first Madita movie was probably delayed for the same reason, but finally it was uncut.

I wonder if the uncut version is still shown on TV in Sweden :think
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Thank you DanBeaker! I am generally an all-original language viewer myself, but I still approve of dubbed versions for those who want them. I strongly DISapprove of censorship, but I am pragmatic enough to realize that the series might gain more viewers WITH the censorship. The "Madita und Pim" movie does NOT have any content that might be censored, and it is wonderful. And yes, I watched it in German without subtitles not knowing German. I think it was my very first exposure to the world of Madicken (aka Madita), and I was hooked.

Other than the scenes you mentioned in Episodes 1 and 7, there is also nudity in the louse-removal Episode 8. I checked the link you provided and can see that bathing scene is cut. The other episodes should be uncut and if so then they are worth preserving. The change in aspect ratio will still be an issue for some, of course, but I am not sure if there are any versions available in 4:3.
DanBeaker wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:00 pm and the highest resolution you can get in the media library is 1280x720.
720p is still better than the sources I had for some of the episodes.
You will probably need a VPN for Germany.
I did not try other countries, but my VPN happened to be on Canada when I checked an episode and it worked. Perhaps it has NO geoblocking, or only limited geoblocking.
Night457
Global Moderator

ghost wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:51 pm I must confess, that I didn't follow this thread during the last months.
Clear proof that my long-winded essays keep people from reading. :mrgreen:
The versions I have are uncut and one is even in 1080p (the movies, not the series). It*s in German language and in 16:9. I didn't know that the original was in 4:3. It were really great to get it in HD and uncut. ;)
The original series would (according to IMDB, anyway) have been in the TV format of the time, which was 4:3. The movies were cropped for theatrical exhibition at 1.66:1. The Swedish blu-rays were reportedly released at 1.78:1, but I have not measured my copies to verify that. It appears this German TV station has cropped the episodes for the TV format of THIS era, 16:9 (1.78:1). The Swedish versions that I have are ALSO cropped to 16:9, as they are taken from similar modern broadcasts or streaming. I do not know if I have seen any older 4:3 versions.

The "Madita" German movie = "Du är inte klok, Madicken" Swedish movie. They were created as movies and later broadcast as episodes 7-10 with about 5 minutes additional and totally uncontroversial footage. (I believe the German episodes have the same additional footage.) The movies are NOT censored, because they are the original version; the TV versions are simply expanded.

The "Madita und Pim" German movie = "Madicken på Junibacken" Swedish movie. These segments take place BEFORE the segments in the other movie, but it was released AFTER. That is because this movie was created as an edited version of the first 6 episodes of the series. It is NOT censored, because entire long episodes were edited out. Is is just shortened considerably.

The timeline of Swedish release I believe was:
(1) TV series "Madicken" episodes 01-06.
(2) Sequel theatrical movie "Du är inte klok, Madicken", equivalent to episodes 07-10.
(3) Another theatrical movie "Madicken på Junibacken", edited from the episodes 01-06.
(4) TV episodes 07-10, expanded from "Du är inte klok, Madicken".

Is it any wonder that people can not keep track of it? I gave up on chronology when the German dub was added to the mix. I think they were the first to expand the sequel movie into TV form, and the Swedes realized that was a good idea and followed suit.

In short, the movies are not censored but they are shorter in total than the 10 episodes of the TV series in their uncensored form. The vintage German episodes are complete but they do not seem to be available in the highest quality. Many posts and thousands of words ago I detailed my quality comparisons of the different language versions available at that time, and even *I* don't want to read them again!
Night457
Global Moderator

mimzy wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:48 pm I wonder if the uncut version is still shown on TV in Sweden :think
I do believe it is. The versions that appear semi-regularly on svtplay.se online are uncut, and I THINK they also get TV broadcasts. But I would not swear to it because I do not have access to Swedish television!

The Swedes still adore Astrid Lindgren and they tend to be protective of her work in its various forms. Many were furious when some alterations were made to "Pippi" with the approval of Lindgren's family, over concerns on racial characterizations. I have seen the uncut versions, but honestly at this moment I can not remember if the versions preserved online are uncut or not! Oof, I can remember the insanity of details on the versions of"Madicken" (I think), but I am too tired to remember the details about "Pippi".
Night457
Global Moderator

I compared the German ZDF versions to my supposedly uncut Swedish versions by runtime. Both are in 16:9 because that is the modern streaming standard from our sources.

The ZDF episodes 1, 7, 8 are definitely cut for the nudity.

9 seems to be missing about 10 seconds. I have no idea what that would be.

It appears that 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 are uncut.
ferdi111

Post by ferdi111 »   1 likes

Regarding to Lindgren adaptions if to compare Garman dubs and Swedish originals they have done minor or not so minor cuts with many movies
And censoring in TV one quite stupid reason is...
Lets suppose they have reserved 45 minutes for some tv seroes episode in their programme
And episode is 50 minutes long...
What to do? Correct answer: cut 5 minutes off :D
Last edited by ferdi111 on Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.