[REL] Pretty Baby (1978)

ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Pretty Baby (1978)

Post by ghost »   1 likes

It's called memoriadatv.com.the whole thing is in another language,so has to be translated once you get on the page.The listing for Pretty baby is Menina bonita on there.Here is a few screenshots as promised for reference purposes.
I think these are screenshots of the Blu-ray which already has been posted here before. It's also cropped to 16:9. Nothing new.
Wonderwidth

Post by Wonderwidth »   0 likes

Maybe so.
Wonderwidth

Anyway ghost I humbly apologize if I was speaking out of line,I don't want to knock your hard work efforts any.U have devoted many years to trying to restore this beautiful movie.That is no small task! That's dedication!You probably have the best copy out there to be quite honest.I just got overeager thinking I'd found the holy grail of this movie.I believe the vhs versions is the best one,if a person can find the version where the picture hasn't been deliberately darkened.Which was all a part of the unconstitutional censorship bologna.I used to own many copies of this movie,some on DVD some on vhs.Even made some copies of the vhs version,but unfortunately some of which they made them so you couldn't copy them so it'd go in and out of lightness to darkness.Other ones they missed,and we're easily copyable.It's nice to view the movie with the right coloring,that would match Brookes exact skin tone,well like in real life.They sure made it harder on all of us,to deny is that rewarding privilege of seeing her unedited and an exact likeness, duplication.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Heya Wonderwidth, I don't think you were really out of line, and you probably don't need to apologize for anything. I am also quite sure ghost is not that sensitive and doesn't feel like you were stepping on anyone's toes.

You are correct that there is always more room for potential new versions of a movie here. It wouldn't be the first time someone chimed in to spread the word about a recent bluray release, even if it was already known and an imperfect release.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   1 likes

Sweet, holy squeezus... :eyecrazy

Frig it, man:

I friggin' thought we had friggin' already friggin' LOCKED this friggin' thread!!!

[Image][Image]
[Image]

How friggin' dead does this friggin' horse have to friggin' be before we friggin' stop beating the friggin' hell out of it?? :evil:

[Image]

kev.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

kev wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:12 am [Image]
This GIF is a mood!
Wonderwidth

@Kev.We can't ever get over the beautiful young Brooke Shields in Pretty baby, haven't you realized that by now?She has us all locked in to her hold onto our hearts.We are powerless to resist her!!!More,more,MORE!!!!
Wonderwidth

By the way love the gifs of her!! Where'd you get them,on Pinterest or something?
Wonderwidth

@Pillowbaker.i appreciate what you have told me,yes I truly do wish we could find that one copy that exists where it would be exactly like the movie itself that was filmed so long ago.In the theaters,maybe a copy of the movie from the original release.An exact duplication,free of editing.One may exist in a vault somewhere!We are all holding out for that ultimate find, prize.Until then Ghosts copy will do a good job for sure.i wish I had a copy of it,I just never could figure out how to use the emule function,and don't own a computer.I only used the screenshots on this forum to go by as a comparison when I made my statements.Yes I think you are correct,Ghost has been around long enough,he doesn't let anything bother him.That is a good example of someone who should be in charge running the show.leading by example.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Wonderwidth wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:27 pm In the theaters,maybe a copy of the movie from the original release.An exact duplication,free of editing.One may exist in a vault somewhere!
I had already discussed that before, a 50/50, maybe it exists, maybe it doesn't depend on Paramount, if in case it is released (there is an outraged public outside) unlikely by suppressing the controversial scenes, which will not be a director's cut.