[REL] Pretty Baby (1978)

kast1j

Re: [REL] Pretty Baby (1978)

Post by kast1j »   0 likes

I have security/privacy concerns, along with other concerns. I have mental health issues and in the past I've ended up finding illegal stuff through emule so it is a source of anxiety and paranoia for me because I don't want to have to deal with anything like that again. I understand why this site uses emule and I think the reasons are good, but I would have to think long and hard before using emule again, which I know is my issue.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I think I understand your concerns, but I agree with goku that eMule is a great resource for movies. Keep in mind that the legal status of online file sharing is the same whether you use eMule, torrents, or direct-download. As for OTHER material available on eMule: DO NOT SEARCH FOR IT, or even do not search on eMule at all. Limit yourself only to what is available already vetted by FLM. Potentially illegal material is also hosted on torrents and direct-download, so I am sure you do not go to the sites that link to it. You can add eMule search to your banned list. Apparently innocent searches can generate a cesspool of garbage.

I wish you good health, friend.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

kast1j wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:13 pm I have security/privacy concerns, along with other concerns. I have mental health issues and in the past I've ended up finding illegal stuff through emule so it is a source of anxiety and paranoia for me because I don't want to have to deal with anything like that again. I understand why this site uses emule and I think the reasons are good, but I would have to think long and hard before using emule again, which I know is my issue.
I will see what I can do to help you. I understand your concerns very well. Maybe I am slightly more knowledgeable than you when it comes to tech stuff, so once I figured out everything with eMule & VPN I was less worried. I have definitely seen more than sketchy things appear in the search results of eMule. But like @Night457 has said, torrents can and do also distribute illegal content. If you want to be safe, you simply don’t use the search feature of eMule at all (because even for innocent searches there can appear sketchy results).

I do think you will only get in danger and on the radar of law enforcement if you actually download (and by design reupload/share) known illegal content.
The most recent (federal) cases of someone getting into trouble for downloading & distributing illegal content through eMule that I could find have been all from 2014/2015. I’m sure the government is (rightfully) still monitoring all of these p2p networks (torrents, eMule).

People like @Night457 have calmed my concerns in the past as well. The eMule client isn’t much different to torrent clients. You will just add downloads to it (like night said, preferably directly from FLM here since downloads here are verified).

To be honest, I wouldn’t even feel comfortable using a torrent client without VPN these days - not just due to piracy/dmca concerns but simply for privacy reasons (DHT network is similar to emule‘s KAD network as far as I understand). Like you I am sometimes paranoid about these kind of things. I mean as a Linux user, I literally make sure that my computer doesn’t make any unwanted connections! With windows..You will always have the system making connections to Microsoft’s servers, be it for updates or simply for sending telemetry data about you and your data to Microsoft.
kast1j

Night457 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:57 pm I think I understand your concerns, but I agree with goku that eMule is a great resource for movies. Keep in mind that the legal status of online file sharing is the same whether you use eMule, torrents, or direct-download. As for OTHER material available on eMule: DO NOT SEARCH FOR IT, or even do not search on eMule at all. Limit yourself only to what is available already vetted by FLM. Potentially illegal material is also hosted on torrents and direct-download, so I am sure you do not go to the sites that link to it. You can add eMule search to your banned list. Apparently innocent searches can generate a cesspool of garbage.

I wish you good health, friend.
Thank you. I really appreciate that.
kast1j

goku33 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 4:36 pm
kast1j wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:13 pm I have security/privacy concerns, along with other concerns. I have mental health issues and in the past I've ended up finding illegal stuff through emule so it is a source of anxiety and paranoia for me because I don't want to have to deal with anything like that again. I understand why this site uses emule and I think the reasons are good, but I would have to think long and hard before using emule again, which I know is my issue.
I will see what I can do to help you. I understand your concerns very well. Maybe I am slightly more knowledgeable than you when it comes to tech stuff, so once I figured out everything with eMule & VPN I was less worried. I have definitely seen more than sketchy things appear in the search results of eMule. But like @Night457 has said, torrents can and do also distribute illegal content. If you want to be safe, you simply don’t use the search feature of eMule at all (because even for innocent searches there can appear sketchy results).

I do think you will only get in danger and on the radar of law enforcement if you actually download (and by design reupload/share) known illegal content.
The most recent (federal) cases of someone getting into trouble for downloading & distributing illegal content through eMule that I could find have been all from 2014/2015. I’m sure the government is (rightfully) still monitoring all of these p2p networks (torrents, eMule).

People like @Night457 have calmed my concerns in the past as well. The eMule client isn’t much different to torrent clients. You will just add downloads to it (like night said, preferably directly from FLM here since downloads here are verified).

To be honest, I wouldn’t even feel comfortable using a torrent client without VPN these days - not just due to piracy/dmca concerns but simply for privacy reasons (DHT network is similar to emule‘s KAD network as far as I understand). Like you I am sometimes paranoid about these kind of things. I mean as a Linux user, I literally make sure that my computer doesn’t make any unwanted connections! With windows..You will always have the system making connections to Microsoft’s servers, be it for updates or simply for sending telemetry data about you and your data to Microsoft.
Thank you. I appreciate your replies and your explaining things for how I can protect myself. I'll see about getting myself set up later on once I've dealt with a few daily tasks. Thanks again.
Wonderwidth

Post by Wonderwidth »   0 likes

I made a new discovery just the other day concerning Pretty Baby.I found a version that looks to be an even crisper more defined version than even Ghosts is!it is put onto a Spanish site,I think maybe a blu ray edition.I can't recall the name of it,but I'll find it later today and include a screenshot for reference so everyone can visibly tell what I mean.it is unbelievable,and how this movie is supposed to be viewed! Almost like being there in person right alongside the cameraman as he filmed beautiful young Brooke all natural! Amazing to say the least!
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

Wonderwidth wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 8:11 pm I made a new discovery just the other day concerning Pretty Baby.I found a version that looks to be an even crisper more defined version than even Ghosts is!it is put onto a Spanish site,I think maybe a blu ray edition.I can't recall the name of it,but I'll find it later today and include a screenshot for reference so everyone can visibly tell what I mean.it is unbelievable,and how this movie is supposed to be viewed! Almost like being there in person right alongside the cameraman as he filmed beautiful young Brooke all natural! Amazing to say the least!
I mean,,a BluRay exists..what’s special about @ghost‘s version is that it is uncropped, unedited..

Theoretically someone can do an AI upscale from the 1080p BluRay to 4k
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

I mean,,a BluRay exists..what’s special about @ghost‘s version is that it is uncropped, unedited..
Yes. And if it is the Blu-ray: I posted a rip here before: https://www.first-loves.com/forums/view ... 791#p97791
Wonderwidth

@Ghost.i didn't mean to diminish your version any,you have worked very hard on it over the years and we are all appreciative of that.This particular version looked different from yours though,maybe it wasn't a blu ray at all.i only glanced over the page it was listed on where they had downloadable options and noticed the screenshots.i will find the site and include it later on here,but there is room for more versions of this movie I think as long as we keep trying to get near as possible to the original film quality it was first made in.Yes unedited is the only one that matters.So you are on the right track there ghost,you do amazing work!
Wonderwidth

It's called memoriadatv.com.the whole thing is in another language,so has to be translated once you get on the page.The listing for Pretty baby is Menina bonita on there.Here is a few screenshots as promised for reference purposes.
[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]