[REL] Pretty Baby (1978)

Wonderwidth

Re: [REL] Pretty Baby (1978)

Post by Wonderwidth »   0 likes

@kev.I say let love for Brooke Shields rule!!if it's gone on this long,who are we to stop it?!! Someone will always keep it going,and don't look now but they brought their friends!!Snicker snicker,bicker bicker.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

Wonderwidth wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:25 pm @kev.I say let love for Brooke Shields rule!!if it's gone on this long,who are we to stop it?!! Someone will always keep it going,and don't look now but they brought their friends!!Snicker snicker,bicker bicker.
Personally I find the widespread obsession with Ms Shields weird. Don’t get me wrong she always has been and still is a beautiful & good looking person. But with „Pretty Baby“ it literally seems like crazy Americans simply can’t get over the fact of seeing a nude American child actress in fairly sensitive scenes?

Anyways, I probably should unsubscribe from this thread as well..
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

C'mon, goku! We're only on page 41. ;)
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Night457 the best thing would be to move some comments and see how many pages are reduced to reach 40.

Shields and Ionesco will be the only ones that will give the most topic of conversation in their respective threads.
Wonderwidth

What if a behind the scenes special had been made of Pretty baby, unreleased without the publics knowledge?Or even scenes that didn't make the cut, people's interest would be revived and new life would be breathed into this thread.Perhaps even a play by play discussion by Brooke Shields herself about her acting in the movie,what it entailed entirely.Surely she hasn't divulged everything there is about her role,as there is something new I am finding out here and there about her involvement in the movie even now.Juicy tidbits she throws at us her ravenous fans.To keep us wanting more.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Wonderwidth wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:53 am What if a behind the scenes special had been made of Pretty baby, unreleased without the publics knowledge?
We would only see something like this, of course it will not be a BTS from Playboy or FTV. :snooty
https://postimg.cc/zHFmj3b7
Davros6

Post by Davros6 »   0 likes

goku33 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:07 am
Wonderwidth wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:25 pm @kev.I say let love for Brooke Shields rule!!if it's gone on this long,who are we to stop it?!! Someone will always keep it going,and don't look now but they brought their friends!!Snicker snicker,bicker bicker.
Personally I find the widespread obsession with Ms Shields weird. Don’t get me wrong she always has been and still is a beautiful & good looking person. But with „Pretty Baby“ it literally seems like crazy Americans simply can’t get over the fact of seeing a nude American child actress in fairly sensitive scenes?

Anyways, I probably should unsubscribe from this thread as well..
I can't help but think this "obsession with Ms Shields" has only been around since the popularity of the Internet, would her scenes and the film be something you'd discuss and talk about with your friends, like you would with other mainstream films?
I drink therefore I am
Wonderwidth

@goku33.it's more than a slight obsession.i don't believe any other actress could have done this role the sensitive scenes notwithstanding,Brooke brought something special to the film.Maybe her aura was a part of it,that certain suppressed lolita charm if you will,for lack of a better word.it was a big deal long before the inclusion of the internet, people were still talking about the movie.And I imagine they always will,much to yours and others chagrin.I suggest if you don't care for the admiration,maybe go find another thread devoted to something more lackluster.Like yourself maybe?
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

Wonderwidth wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:54 am @goku33.it's more than a slight obsession.i don't believe any other actress could have done this role the sensitive scenes notwithstanding,Brooke brought something special to the film.Maybe her aura was a part of it,that certain suppressed lolita charm if you will,for lack of a better word.it was a big deal long before the inclusion of the internet, people were still talking about the movie.And I imagine they always will,much to yours and others chagrin.I suggest if you don't care for the admiration,maybe go find another thread devoted to something more lackluster.Like yourself maybe?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

MODERATOR NOTE:
This thread is temporarily locked.