[REL] Va, petite! (2003)

ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Va, petite! (2003)

Post by ghost »   29 likes

One last link before ghost fires up his upscale engine

https://video-a-la-demande.orange.fr/fi ... /va-petite
I know this link, Night457. It's not possible to rent anything from orange.fr, if you're outside France.

Well... I upscaled the orignal file wich was posted by reastavachi in 2013 some time ago. I just wanted to do it again, because I'm not very pleased with the result. Anyway... here it is:

d2k://|file|Va,%20petite!%20(2003).720p.AI-upscale.mkv|2475503060|70DC38274198D0E4FE7B12AAA742EA2F|h=IB2LBPH6GKXXO2RFK54DWJ4YIXNZNROQ|/

New link on page 8.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Then either they lied or Google-translate lied, because they CLAIMED it was available in all the EU, including France. Oh well. I am certainly not anywhere close! Plus, it isn't free.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

I tried it some time ago, but I failed. I think you have to be a TV customer in France or somthing like that ... as far as I can remember.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   2 likes

I made English subtitles for this movie. AI helped me a lot with the transcription and translation. I only had to correct a lot of wrong timings. :(

I'ver never watched this movie in all those years because of the missing subtitles. Now I did, :P I really liked it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Wow thanks for the work on the subs, ghost! I still have to grab your new upscale for this.

Curious, while working on the subtitles for this movie, does movie every get spoiled for you while editing timings and translation?
DreamScape

Post by DreamScape »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:23 am Curious, while working on the subtitles for this movie, does movie every get spoiled for you while editing timings and translation?
This is the curse of creating subtitles :evil:
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

does movie every get spoiled for you while editing timings and translation?
I'm sorry, I don't get the meaning of this sentence. :oops:
I still have to grab your new upscale for this.
You don't have to. I'll do it again, because I didn't like the first version.
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:42 am
does movie every get spoiled for you while editing timings and translation?
I'm sorry, I don't get the meaning of this sentence. :oops:

I think he means, if you're watching it a little bit at a time and stopping constantly to translate and sync subtitles, you don't get to sit back and watch it normally but you end up knowing what happens - so it's kind of ruined for you.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I think he means, if you're watching it a little bit at a time and stopping constantly to translate and sync subtitles, you don't get to sit back and watch it normally but you end up knowing what happens - so it's kind of ruined for you.
Yes, that's right. But the movie doesn't get spoiled for me. Even I know by heart what happens in each scene. :lol: :?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:42 amI'll do it again today, because I didn't like the first version.
AGAIN!? Well I guess it is good that I was waiting for subtitles too after getting your first upscale! :mrgreen:

I have never made subtitles starting from nothing, only starting from a machine translation of another language. But before I start working on fixing the text I always give the movie a first viewing, either without subtitles or with the first-pass temporary ones.

That way I don't have any real translator spoilers, AND I find out beforehand whether I really like the movie enough to put work into it.

However, it seems I am somewhat like ghost in that I don't particularly worry about having preknowledge of the story "spoil" it for me.