[REL] Cilveka Berns AKA Child of Man (1991) [Latvia]

OrionPax

[REL] Cilveka Berns AKA Child of Man (1991) [Latvia]

Post by OrionPax »   37 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103971/
The unforgettable world of childhood in the pre-war independent Latvia seen trough the eyes of Janis Klidzejs, the author of the novel THE CHILD OF MAN, now living in emigration. This world is also close to Janis Streics, the film director who has adapted the novel for screen. He also comes from the same region as the author of the novel, from Latgale, one of Latvia's national districts with its ethnographic peculiarities reflecting in its language, traditions, songs and strong catholic background.

The film tells about a little boy's growth into a man. This process has been looked on from an unusual angle - through the boy's love for an almost grown up young woman that jokingly calls him "her little fiance". She swears an eternal faith in him and even does not suspect that the boy might take it very seriously. It calls forth both comic and amusing as well as dramatic and tragic situations. The girl has her real fiance and she gets married...

A special discovery for the film is its leading character Bonifacijs who does not act but really lives through all the passion of love. It happened so that the little actor Andris Rudzinskis really fell in love with his partner.
The film is joyful, sonorous, light, full of human love and vitality, like Latgale itself up to 1940. It can interest children as well as those who have been kids once and have retained the light of christian love, light in early childhood, in their hearts until old age.
Like this post to see ed2k links  [634.51 Mb]

Video: 512x384 DivX 3.11 890Kbps 25.000fps
Audio: Latvian, MPEG Layer 3 (MP3) 44100khz 1.0ch 64Kbps

English Subs:
Someone better appreciate this :biggrin

I started this subtitle project in March last year, I used an old VHS rip I made years ago after it had been shown on TV. Using AVISubDetector I had to manually type all the subs, took me a week or so. The subs were in perfect sync with the rip I made, unfortunately not in sync with the target file linked above :dontgetit Perhaps I should have made a new rip from my VHS copy before starting but my video capture card did not work with Windows 2000 :( it was far too tedious trying to sync them, and it was not a simple case of just adjusting the subs, they were all over the place, they had to be manually adjusted :dontgetit So I put the project aside for a while until this week when I found a great program called "Sabbu" Finished the job in about 2 days :cool1 Here are the subs...

Cilveka.Berns.512x384.srt

Like this post to see ed2k links  [69.1 Kb]

I'm glad that job is finished :icon_smoke
mongodisco

Re: [REL] Cilveka Berns AKA Child of Man (1991) Latvia

Post by mongodisco »   0 likes

thanx orionpax..

great job..
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Hmm..sounds more like a boy movie. Any girls?
OrionPax

Post by OrionPax »   0 likes

emuler wrote:Hmm..sounds more like a boy movie. Any girls?
yeah definitely a boy movie, but it also features a girl.
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

Cute boys and girls, but only boy OT.

Nice rural atmosphere.

I only need the English srt file :pray

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]
Pranama

Post by Pranama »   0 likes

Plz, can somebody reshare .srt file? Thx in advance.
Pranama

Looks very nice, but a lot of dialogues, so I repete my request for resharing the .srt file :pray
Pranama

Apparently here´s a lot of people speaking Latvian, i. e. not needing subs :) But in spite of being a polyglote Baltic languages are for me still terra incognita.
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

Pranama

Thanks a lot. Btw, not Latvian, but Lithuanian, you see how confused in this matter I am :)