[REL] Motýlí čas (1990)

ptguardian

Re: [REQ] Motýlí cas (1990)

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

mimzy wrote:
ptguardian wrote:I am not going to change my uploading anytime soon. As it is currently I could upload something new everyday and yet I do not. In fact both me and Starfish have only had a few releases lately.
Better quality than quantity ;)
I am getting the impression you have a problem with my releases?

Is it we are releasing too much or is it others here are not putting forth enough effort?

I find something because I 'want' to find something and I have 'learned' skills to accomplish this. How is discouraging 'prolific posters' from releasing 'too much' going to encourage others to release?

If you want people to find material other than the few 'prolific posters' how about making a game out of it?
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain! :roll:
If you want people to find material other than the few 'prolific posters' how about making a game out of it?
Got something in mind?
ptguardian

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Got something in mind?
I have a few ideas, but you will have to release something in exchange for them.(kidding) :lol:

One idea is to get people in a search and find game. Similar to 20 questions. Have you ever played that game?

You could exclude myself and any other person that posts regularly from searching. I would be willing to help with the material to find. The idea behind it is to get people involved in the forum and at the same time help them develop the skills it takes to find FLM material.

The [REQ]'s for movies prompt people a little but it is not active unless a request is bumped often. As you know pictures and trailers entice people to 'want' a film or follow a certain actress/actor. So does wanting to be a part of something. This can add to involvement too.

If this game is of interest let me know and I can give you more details on how to implement it. I also have a few ideas to reward people which can also encourage newbies.
vidman49

Post by vidman49 »   0 likes

mimzy wrote: Personally I prefer Czech movies to American ones (nothing in American movies associates with my own childhood). Not having subtitles of course sucks :(
Czech movies are usually my favorites of the Eastern European movies, but I usually don't download them anymore unless I can find subtitles for them. I too would prefer a Czech movie over most American movies if they have subtitles. I just miss way too much by not being able to understand the dialog.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

ptguardian wrote:
mimzy wrote:
ptguardian wrote:I am not going to change my uploading anytime soon. As it is currently I could upload something new everyday and yet I do not. In fact both me and Starfish have only had a few releases lately.
Better quality than quantity ;)
I am getting the impression you have a problem with my releases?
Not at all. It's just a bit worrying that a couple of (frustrated) members do all the releases and others don't even comment. This may not end up well...

Sure it would be possible to find something to post every day. Like "Home Alone" 1, 2, 3, etc., but I don't think it would make the board better. BTW, see this comment of the original creator of FLM: https://www.first-loves.com/forums/v ... 8045#p8045 ;)

I just like some (East-)European movies, because they make me feel nostalgic (in particular, life in the Eastern Bloc used to be a lot of fun). I guess Americans feel the same about movies of their childhood.
vidman49

Post by vidman49 »   0 likes

mimzy wrote: Sure it would be possible to find something to post every day. Like "Home Alone" 1, 2, 3, etc., but I don't think it would make the board better. BTW, see this comment of the original creator of FLM: https://www.first-loves.com/forums/v ... 8045#p8045 ;)

I just like some (East-)European movies, because they make me feel nostalgic (in particular, life in the Eastern Bloc used to be a lot of fun). I guess Americans feel the same about movies of their childhood.
I prefer movies with a good story - and I agree that a lot of foreign movies are definitely better than most of the American ones and I do prefer them over the American ones, BUT, I like almost ALL movies with children, preferably girls, but I like the boy movies as well, including the "Home Alone" movies. So, having that style of movie on the board as well as the "good" films WOULD make the site better for me.

I agree more with Kev who said (just before the original creator's comment linked above),

"There's PLENTY of great movies out these days, and my interests, like yours [and I'm sure MOST folks that visit THIS forum] varies. Like you I too prefer good stories; movies that might be considered a bit offbeat but are well made. Hell, I even love a good, raunchy Z-grade movie if it hits me the right way... :)

Point is, THIS particular forum [as reiterated time and again] focuses on movies that deal with 'Children', from all over the world. More often than not; [specifically] 'Coming-Of-Age' movies that deal with the transition from Childhood to Adulthood [more 'emotionally' than 'physically']. Many movies in this genre are somewhat controversial and hard to find due to their subject matter.

(For me, movies where the main characters are young girls, or young girls play predominate roles are more appealing than movies featuring young boys; but that's personal aesthetics...)

I would say the [plumbline] question for considering whether to post a movie on THIS forum should be:
Is the movie about children; or do children play a significant role in the plot?

If not, the movie might be better received in a different forum. Plain and simple."

(Sorry - I didn't know how to do a proper quote from a different thread).

So, to me, the Home Alone movies fit with what I see this site offering. If I am wrong, please let me know. I have been trying to contribute movies, but at least 2/3rds of them are the American ones (with no "OT" scenes). If these are not wanted, I will stop spending extra time trying to get these on the site and just post the foreign ones when I come across them.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I think kev's comment pretty well sums up what constitutes FLM material.
kev wrote:I would say the [plumbline] question for considering whether to post a movie on THIS forum should be:
Is the movie about children; or do children play a significant role in the plot?
The "OT" question (as opposed to what is "on-topic") has been debated ad nauseum and I won't go into it here - to each their own.

To "manually" quote something, you can do this:

Code: Select all

[quote="kev"]I would say the [plumbline] question for considering whether to post a movie on THIS forum should be:
Is the movie about children; or do children play a significant role in the plot?[/quote]
ptguardian

I agree.

I am not saying with who. How is that for politics? :D
ptguardian

mimzy wrote:Not at all. It's just a bit worrying that a couple of (frustrated) members do all the releases and others don't even comment. This may not end up well...
Good to hear. I may get frustrated but I also don't let it overcome me. You are doing great work here. I am just making sure we can work together. The past site owners weren't even around most of the time and you appear to have an excellent grasp on the tech side of things. The site is running much smoother than the other one.
mimzy wrote:Sure it would be possible to find something to post every day. Like "Home Alone" 1, 2, 3, etc., but I don't think it would make the board better. ;)
When I mention I could post something every day I was referring to the dozens of rare movies I have and the movies I have in my archives that I haven't had time to go through. A while back I went through all the movies listed at childrenincinema and found majority of them. I am sure some were never released here. As for the mainstream releases we don't need to share them I always try to post links that have several outside sources. ;)
mimzy wrote:I just like some (East-)European movies, because they make me feel nostalgic (in particular, life in the Eastern Bloc used to be a lot of fun). I guess Americans feel the same about movies of their childhood.
Yes we do feel the same or at least I do. And being here in the USA I have easy access to them. Just as people from other parts of the world would have better access to movies from their country. That is the beauty of an international forum. :cool
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

vidman49 wrote:So, to me, the Home Alone movies fit with what I see this site offering. If I am wrong, please let me know. I have been trying to contribute movies, but at least 2/3rds of them are the American ones (with no "OT" scenes). If these are not wanted, I will stop spending extra time trying to get these on the site and just post the foreign ones when I come across them.
I just don't like to see members posting lots of stuff and then getting frustrated (and possibly stop posting altogether) because there is no response. If somebody wants to post "Home Alone" and everybody gets excited about it, it's perfectly fine with me.

If there is no response, maybe it's because there are too many releases in the row or members are indeed not so exited about the movie.