[REL] Laura, les ombres de l'été (1979)

ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Laura, les ombres de l'été (1979)

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Here's the nzb file, if someone wants to get it from usenet:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I‘m surprised you are still sharing your dvd upscale :D (additionally to the BluRay encode with ger/fr Audio).
Sometimes I forget to delete no longer needed files, :mrgreen: Thanks for the hint.
Walter

Post by Walter »   0 likes

deadman wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:42 am Another movie you never expected to see on bluray! 16 yo Dawn Dunlap looks even more unbelievably cute in full HD.
A couple years back (don't recall exact date off the top of my head) an author named Walter Mathieu (not the actor of the same name) released a book in France called Le Portrait de Dawn Dunlap, in which he stated that Dawn was born October 28, 1964 - the date IMDB also now lists. I have not seen the book myself but read articles about it in which he was quite adamant that the usual dates of birth given for her - 1962 or 1963 - are wrong. Since the movie was shot in May of 1979 per IMDB, that would make her 14, not 16, if this is true. :cool
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

Walter wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:25 am
deadman wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:42 am Another movie you never expected to see on bluray! 16 yo Dawn Dunlap looks even more unbelievably cute in full HD.
A couple years back (don't recall exact date off the top of my head) an author named Walter Mathieu (not the actor of the same name) released a book in France called Le Portrait de Dawn Dunlap, in which he stated that Dawn was born October 28, 1964 - the date IMDB also now lists. I have not seen the book myself but read articles about it in which he was quite adamant that the usual dates of birth given for her - 1962 or 1963 - are wrong. Since the movie was shot in May of 1979 per IMDB, that would make her 14, not 16, if this is true. :cool

Yes, apparently she was. :cool1

So someone was stretching the truth a bit. Did Dawn Dunlap lie to get the job, or was it Hamilton trying to avoid having it be known just how young his little star was?
Walter

Post by Walter »   0 likes

Well, Hamilton surely knew her true age, as he had taken pictures of her since she was 12 (one of which wound up on the cover of a 1977 French magazine, which I saw for myself at a site which is now defunct - maybe Wayback Machine has it, I'll check).

EDIT: The author of the book Le Portrait de Dawn Dunlap was Oliver Mathieu, not Walter Mathieu. :oops:
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Small, new, well-seeded torrent:
https://torrentgalaxy.to/torrent/155943 ... sulagyn62-
NOT VERIFIED BY ME! Stated specifications:
Spoiler:

FORMAT: Matroska
FILE SIZE: 1,54 GB
DURATION: 1h 29m 17s
COLOR: Color
RESOLUTION: 1920 x 1080
BITRATE: 2.483 Kbps
FRAME RATE: 23.976 fps
AUDIO: AAC 229 kbps
LANGUAGE: Dual: French (original) English (dubbed)
SUBTITLES: DUT, ENG, GER, HUN, ITA, POR, ROM, SPA, SRP
Sample included
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:04 pm Small, new, well-seeded torrent:
https://torrentgalaxy.to/torrent/155943 ... sulagyn62-
NOT VERIFIED BY ME! Stated specifications:
Spoiler:

FORMAT: Matroska
FILE SIZE: 1,54 GB
DURATION: 1h 29m 17s
COLOR: Color
RESOLUTION: 1920 x 1080
BITRATE: 2.483 Kbps
FRAME RATE: 23.976 fps
AUDIO: AAC 229 kbps
LANGUAGE: Dual: French (original) English (dubbed)
SUBTITLES: DUT, ENG, GER, HUN, ITA, POR, ROM, SPA, SRP
Sample included
Blasphemy with those 1.5GB x264 1080p encodes lmao :D :D
Night457
Global Moderator

:mrgreen: Totally don't care, have been blaspheming deliberately the good old fashioned way since at least my teens so am used (amused) to applying it to everything else since in life anyway. I always find plenty of interest in smaller files, and am simultaneously surprised when others downMule files from me so large they make me cringe. I am getting tired of all that I spend on external drive space that I oh-so-quickly fill up and am wondering if I should delete old files and recycle the drives.

I did not DL this torrent because I am fine with deadman's larger file, but it is an option for others. How high of a resolution is required for a blurry haze anyway? :lol:

Gotta agree that x265 is better if the goal is solely a smaller file, but that simultaneously requires having newer computer equipment for playback. If the goal of having smaller files is saving time downloading and drive space filled because of having limited older equipment, the x265 is likely also unwanted. If I can afford to upgrade my computer and monitor, I can certainly afford yet another hard drive!
goku33

Post by goku33 »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:23 am ...
For sure. I also stick download 12GB BluRay h264 encodes (1080p) instead of the HEVC/h265 ones because I want the BluRay player to be able to play it. Sure could replace that device but it works…and new BluRay player nowadays is what? 90€? I got this one for 50 bucks around 2015. and the tv was also just 300€ back then. One of the last ones without any „smartTV“ features. For me it Was already huge to finally be able to play x264 on the BluRay player via usb. Before that I had to convert all films to XviD avi for the dvd player lmao
Night457
Global Moderator

goku33 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:59 amSure could replace that device but it works…
That is always MY thinking! Ultimately I upgraded my still-working 480p huge CRT after 19 (?) years to an even wider (but much thinner and also lighter) 4k, which only lasted about 5 years anyway. Grrrr, this modern crap. Then I still had the old heavyweight, which was certainly lovely for SD. Ultimately I got rid of that too, while my back could still barely manage picking it up.
and new BluRay player nowadays is what? 90€?
Are they that cheap? :D My first blu-ray player HAD to be a multi-region, and then when it became available I HAD to have a 4k player too. They were expensive enough but nothing like my first DVD player, $400+ in 1998 dollars. What the hell was I thinking?!!!?? Why would I need a 5-disc DVD changer? What an idiot.
One of the last ones without any „smartTV“ features.
Ohhhh, that is worth its weight in gold! When I wanted to replace the dead 4k, I was appalled that almost every TV available was a SpyTV. (Even the remote controls were listening in and reporting back what they heard.) Almost the only way to avoid that now with newer equipment is to go screen-and-projector.
Before that I had to convert all films to XviD avi for the dvd player lmao
Sheesh. I have many old AVIs (probably Xvid) of a TV series that I WILL watch again, and I had to hold on to an otherwise useless old DVD player with a USB port to play them with a TV, because the blu-ray player does not recognize the old codec! Less appealing yet is that the DVD player could only play from smaller (8Gb or less) flash drives, not larger ones and not hard drives. Yet converting ~150 files to a newer codec did not appeal to me. I may have eventually found a usable torrent with newer files I could play on the newer equipment, but at this point I am not sure. So I still have that DVD player just in case!