[REL] Vilko dantu karoliai (1997) [Lithuania]

Ziggy Plock

Re: [REL] Vilko dantu karoliai (1997) [Lithuania]

Post by Ziggy Plock »   26 likes

I just did my first upload to Uloz. It's here ... Because eMule is soooo slow. I compressed it to 900KB/s for ideological reasons, but the source is a .ts file.
Night457 wrote:I have not found any English subs other than the ones hardburned on ghost's July 18 2018 Release.
Is this Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.79 Gb] ghost's one???
Night457 wrote:YAll I found was a Russian subtitle file
Yeah, I found those too. Better than nothing, it's back to Ye Olde Saltmines! Or rather, Ye Olde Macheene Trans&Lation, I guess.... :cry: :cry:
Night457 wrote:You are correct, these are certainly not full-quality DVDs from original studio sources. Many times they are sourced from videotape, when that is all that is available.
I'm pretty sure that in Kenya, Nigeria, parts of South America, it's like half of all of Chinese owned businesses there runs on bootlegged DVD's. Sometimes with nice DVD boxes, even.
——————————————————————————A tribute to Lost Movies===My avatar: youtu.be/SdqsgEOBOlc——————————————————————————
[Image]
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

Hey congrats on yr first uloz post! :icon_alc
Ziggy Plock wrote:I compressed it to 900KB/s for ideological reasons
So what does that mean? Ideological reasons? :think

Don't go quietly into the night.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Is this Vilko dantu karoliai (1997).en subs.mkv [1.79 Gb] sources info ghost's one???
Yep, that's my release.

I also think, that this DVD isn't an official release, so I doubt if the quality will be better.
Ziggy Plock

Post by Ziggy Plock »   0 likes

popdrome wrote:Hey congrats on yr first uloz post! :icon_alc
Ziggy Plock wrote:I compressed it to 900KB/s for ideological reasons
So what does that mean? Ideological reasons? :think
Well, considering that *.VOB stands for Very Overly Bloated .... ;) :lol: :mrgreen:

I resent all this throwing around of Gigabites, when Smaller Excellence is around. The HEVC codec can provide from smaller files with equal quality. This saves both disk space and bandwidth, which leads to lower server energy use. If everyone did that, it would shave of at least 10 percent of our energy use.
Uloz, ya gotz to luv luv luv them, but they easily waste 10 Gigs on a 90 minute movie of questionable quality: "Reform School Girls". This, is not exactly a masterpiece in the sense of "The Color Purple (1985)" (or.... "Apocalypse Now(1979)" if that better fits your demographic)
——————————————————————————A tribute to Lost Movies===My avatar: youtu.be/SdqsgEOBOlc——————————————————————————
[Image]
deadman

Post by deadman »   2 likes

Ziggy Plock wrote:I resent all this throwing around of Gigabites, when Smaller Excellence is around. The HEVC codec can provide from smaller files with equal quality. This saves both disk space and bandwidth, which leads to lower server energy use. If everyone did that, it would shave of at least 10 percent of our energy use.
Uloz, ya gotz to luv luv luv them, but they easily waste 10 Gigs on a 90 minute movie of questionable quality: "Reform School Girls". This, is not exactly a masterpiece in the sense of "The Color Purple (1985)" (or.... "Apocalypse Now(1979)" if that better fits your demographic)
Hey, I love my gigabytes! Give me big blu-ray rips. Better yet, full blu-rays or 4K. The more hard drive eatingly big it is the more I like it. :icon_thumbup1

.vob files aren't that big at all - are you still using dialup internet?

If you really want to cut down on power usage regulate cryptocurrency mining, and require most servers to use renewable energy. Cutting down video file sizes isn't going to put much of a dent in global warming.
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

Ziggy Plock wrote: I resent all this throwing around of Gigabites, when Smaller Excellence is around. The HEVC codec can provide from smaller files with equal quality.
LOL! that's brilliant, man. :angel

popdrome

Post by popdrome »   1 likes

deadman wrote:Cutting down video file sizes isn't going to put much of a dent in global warming.
True. Sell your car though and take the subway :bdaysmile :icon_biggrin2

ferdi111

Post by ferdi111 »   0 likes

I have noticed that if somebody will release a movie here or some other well-known site it appears right after to some strange "movie blog" a la bestrareallfamilyhorrormoviez.com or sites like dvdlady or cvmc
"Fine" example here https://firstlovefilmz.blogspot.com/2022/ How many movies of them sounds familiar to you (read: have recently uploaded to somewhere)? :(
Last edited by ferdi111 on Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   89 likes

I made an upgrade of this movie in 720p. Not perfect picture quality, but looks much better than before:

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.25 Gb]
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

Thanks Ghost. A big step up from every other version I've seen! :P