kev
Site Admin

[REL] P (2005) [Thailand] [GM]

Post by kev »   108 likes

Requested by 'Stargazer'.

Trivia: The Thai title "P" (read Pee or Pii) means "ghost"

IMDB link: http://imdb.com/title/tt0449629/

Synopsis:
At first sight the story's your pretty basic demon possession thing (P is the transliteration of the Thai word for Ghost). What made the film stand out however was the setting. The whole thing is seen from the perspective of an innocent girl forced to leave the countryside to look for money in Bangkok, where she loses touch with her past as she gets caught up in the Thai sex industry - and goes downhill (some have suggested a metaphor for drugs, but I think there are various paths leading downhill in the Thai sex industry). She refuses to accept her fate however, but her energy flows to her dark side, which soon darkens just a deeper shade of red.
And:
The movie tells a story about a young girl in Thailand who wants earn money for her sick grandma. In Bankog she's involved in child-prostitution in some nightclub. The became more and more the star of this nightclub, but the other girls are very jealously about her beauty. Durin using some old magic she learned from her grandmother, something is going wrong and she turned step by step into a deamon.
Pix: [From THIS release. {They might seem a bit fuzzy, but movie is fairly good quality.}]
[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

ed2k link:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [758.83 Mb]

It has good-looking production values, mix of titillation and gore, and the added curiosity of being the first Thai pic helmed by a foreigner (former Brit child actor Paul Spurrier).

Has some OT moments! ;)

kev.
Debaser

Re: [REL] P (2005) Thailand [GM]

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

Very nice indeed Kev!

:bigups
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Yes, looks promising ;)
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

WOW KEV YOU FOUND TREASURES SEEMS LIKE JACK SPARROW :thumbsup
alice

Post by alice »   0 likes

Many more pictures on website:

http://www.pbar.info

and biography of the little hottie!
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

alice higginbottom wrote:Many more pictures on website:

www.pbar.info

and biography of the little hottie!
Very coolio site! Thanks, alice higginbottom!!

(I had to cut and paste to get it to work, but it was worth the extra effort. ;) )

kev.
stargazer

Post by stargazer »   0 likes

Thank you very much Kev :D

Unfortunatly I´m shipping this computer to my brother in the next few days and the new computer wont reach stores until late october - early november. :(

I sure hope this will still be available then :)

I´ll start it now just to see how fast it´öö go, maybe I´ll be able to get it all before I have to box the computer.

Thanks again Kev...I wish I had remembered to check in here since I rquested it. :)
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] P (2005) [Thailand] [GM]

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

In the remote North-East of Thailand, near the Cambodian border – in the small villages around the towns of Surin, Si Saket and Buriram, magic is a powerful force. Ancient spells in Pali are recited by the Paw Mot - witchdoctors - to protect villagers, to curse enemies, and to scare away ghosts. This is not just myth. It is real. For Dau, a young Thai/Khmer girl, growing up in a small forest hut with her grandmother, magic is part of her education. She learns the power of magic to protect her from evil spirits, to bring her luck and beauty, and to rid her of rivals. She also learns the rules she must obey if she is to use her powers as a witch. The rules are simple and known to many Thais: A witch cannot eat raw meat. A witch cannot pass under a clothes-line. A witch cannot charge a fee for teaching the magical arts. And all Thais know the penalty of breaking these rules - an evil will grow inside the witch with a craving for raw meat, offal, and blood. It is known as a 'Phii Borb'. When it has grown strong, it will leave the host's body and hunt for human meat. It enters its victim's body and eats its victim from the inside out.

As Dau grows up, her grandmother becomes frail, and with no income, Dau has no money for medicine. Desperate to care for her grandmother, she leaves the small village and heads for Bangkok, where she is given work in a go-go bar. We watch the naïve country girl learn the ways of the city, making friends amongst the bargirls, but also making enemies! She soon starts to make use of her magical skills - to attract men, to remove obstacles, and to wreak vengeance on those who stand in her way. But in her carelessness, we watch her misusing her powers, and ultimately breaking the three sacred rules. Thus, amongst the neon lights, the skyscrapers, the alleyways, and the hotel bedrooms, a monster is born - the 'P', hunting nightly, hungry for human meat. Whilst Dau's enemies try to track her down, she must engage in a battle for her life and her soul. Based entirely on mythology and common anecdotes, 'P' is a rollercoaster ride of chills and thrill, with a deep, dark, malevolent centre. For Thais it is a story that will revive old nightmares, and it will bring to the outside world a truly terrifying character.
This sounds like a real kicker of a film but I haven't seen a complete source since I started downloading it. Would someone be kind enough to reshare? Thanks in advance.
yoko

Post by yoko »   1 likes

OK, last quick reshare before I leave. Hope people can complete this.

Quality isn't great, unfortunately :(
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Thanks yoko. Appreciated.